- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
HAVE YOU DREAMED of a vacation in an authentic Mexican small town on a beautiful bay - idyllic weather - glorious Pacific sunsets - breathtaking views? Private & quiet? COOKING LESSONS in your kitchen? We can fill that dream - in a secure private compound filled with flowers - no pesky flying insects in the winter season - gorgeous pool - EASY WALK to THE BEACH, all the shops, ATM etc., a CLEAN SILKY GOLDEN SAND BEACH? THIS IS IT! On the Mexican Riviera in La Penita de Jaltemba. This villa is definitely picturesque, fun to live in, and the prices are so affordable.
DRY SEASON. December to May on this coastal area - Sunny skies...Read more
2 Bdrm Villa, Walk to Beach, Pool, Stunning Views
La Penita de Jaltemba, Mexican Riviera-Pacific Coast, Mexico
Additional Location Information
(1) A BEAUTIFUL LOCATION in a residential neighborhood high on a hill ....
(2) IDYLLIC WINTER WEATHER ....
(3) BREATHTAKING VIEWS of Jaltemba Bay lined by beaches, cliffs, and foothills with jungle right down to the ocean's edge ....
(4) TOTALLY SAFE to WALK IN TOWN DAY OR NIGHT, or the side streets. No guest has ever been bothered - or even whistled at!
(5) MANY EXCELLENT RESTAURANTS from ultra fine dining with ambiance equal to 2 star dining in France! - To rustic Mexican restaurants & taco stands. Wherever you dine, try the flan. (Libby is hooked!) We keep you posted on any special music or dancing included while you dine! The neighboring town of Rincon de Guayabitos, reachable by taxi or a unique "hand bridge" across the river, is great for music & dining as well.
(4) GLORIOUS PACIFIC SUNSETS .... see photos
(5) A PRIVATE VILLA COMPOUNDM surrounded by a high wall festooned with colorful bougainvilleas ....
(6) QUIET with very little traffic ....
(7) A mixed neighborhood in a picturesque village with all the amenities you would find in a small city: Hospital, banks, ATM, modern dental clinic. ....
(8) Staples round the corner: A 'mini-super' & an internet cafe ....
(9) An outstanding FAMILY PHYSICIAN lives nearby & makes house calls when needed ....
(10) Just a few blocks downhill is a large high quality produce stand, a tortilla factory, taco stands, hardware store, & other intriguing shops. ....
(11) "LA AVENIDA", the 'business district', is a boulevard with benches on a wide median strip, and that starts just 5 blocks away and runs straight to our La Penita Beach. It is lined with all kinds of fascinating shops, run by Mexican families. The nearby rodeo arena hosts an annual first class circus, horse shows, bull fights, AND the high school marching band practices there regularly several evenings a week, easily heard on our hill, a TREAT TO LISTEN TO in the night .....
(12} Our LA PENITA BEACH is famous for its clean silky golden sand. No hotels were allowed to build on this beach so the water is especially clean...
you can SURF the waves or SNORKEL off the large island in the bay, "better than the Australian Reefs" according to guests.....
(13} An ELEGANT MANSION with B&B; (up one block to the hill crest) serves 'elegant' Saturday & Sunday brunches. It overlooks the bay & Pacific on one side and the rear side a huge agricultural valley with horseback riding from a corral & bicycling on smooth dirt roads.....
(14) PARKING inside the villa walls is totally secure & it's safe to leave your car street side. NO vandalism in 14 years & we frequently leave our own car out overnight.
(15) TAXIS are a 5 minute wait, cost 25 pesos (about $2+) for 2 persons anywhere in La Penita. $3 to Guayabitos. There is a 2nd TAXI STAND NEAR THE BEACH, making it handy to get back to our villa after a long beach walk or when laden down with groceries or treasures from the open air market on Thursday.
(16) WHALE WATCH in the bay from a boat. We can see Humpbacks spout and flip from our Palapa.
A bus station & major taxi stand are 6 blocks from our villa, just off the coastal highway. In addition, 'combi' vans can drop you off at a superb yoga center in Guayabitos, a coffee shop close to the ocean, or a 'hamburger cafe"' with a huge book swap (great hamburgers & mango smoothies).
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, City vacations, Mountain nearby, Warm winter getaways
Golf course within 30 minute drive, Water sports nearby, Beachfront property, Horse riding nearby, Fishing nearby
Nearest beach: Easy walk to our La Penita beach
Nearest shops, 0.1 miles
Nearest airport: Puerto Vallarta International, 40 miles
Car is not necessary
Last updated on September 19, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 13 other La Penita de Jaltemba rentalsCheck Availability for La Penita de Jaltemba
Rates shown in $ USD
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Cleaning | $30 per stay
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
Additional notes from the owner
DEPOSIT: 40% (CAD or USD), or 30% USD for 2 months or more. We email instructions for the deposit: a no fee deposit into Bank of Nova Scotia.
When confirmed, we email "PRE-ARRIVAL INFO" with check list, airport to villa options, web sites, & important info on medications.
Before or upon your arrival, we give you "BEST DIVERSIONS & EXCURSIONS". We name favorite dining, specialties, prices & directions.
We have two excursions from our villa and a web site for many other excursions.
BALANCE: Due on arrival. Cash or traveler's checks, USD. You can cash dollars & traveler's checks for pesos at our local 'cambio', a currency exchange.
SUMMER SPECIAL... EXTRA 20% DISCOUNT... APRIL 1 - OCT 29 for one week or longer. A 4 DAY MINIMUM is regular price and requires a 100% deposit.
- Long term rentals allowed (over 1 month)
- Alarm Clock
- Towels Provided
- Bachelor or bachelorette parties allowed
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Ceiling Fans
- Corporate bookings allowed
- Linens Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Shared outdoor pool (unheated)
- Mountain Views
- Ocean or water views
- Secure parking space
- Stove or Oven
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- 8 Dining chairs
- 2 Lounge chairs
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - yes
- Suitable for children - ask
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no