- 4 bedrooms
- 6 bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
Description from the manager
This Almendros Villa is a confortable villa that features 4 bedrooms (All of them air-conditioned), 6 bathrooms, a big living room that merges with the sky through its skylights allowing contact with nature without sacrificing privacy, 1 Big Jacuzzi separated from its great pool with Golf view for your own enjoyment.
All applicable fees are included. By paying this rental service fee you will get full open and unrestricted access to all Casa de Campo facilities (Like Altos de Chavón, Bahía Minitas Beach, Polo Field, Golf Courses, Shooting Center, Spa, Marina, National and International Exclusive Restaurants, and much more) and activit...Read more
La Romana, Dominican Casa Campo Almendros Villa II
La Romana, Dominican Republic
Additional Location Information
La Romana is located on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, this is a touristic town of having the resort of Casa de Campo; one of the most prestigious resorts in the Dominican Republic that boasts over 1,700 private villas, which range in price from US$500,000 to US$24,000,000, making it also one of the countries' most affluent communities, comparable to the Hamptons.
The nearest airport is the La Romana Airport (IATA Code: LRM / ICAO Code: MDLR), which opened in December 2000, less than 2 miles from Casa de Campo Hotel and about 68 miles (110km) from the capital, Santo Domingo.
With your rental you´ll get full access Casa de Campo. Whilst there are many sporting activities to get your teeth into whilst in Casa de Campo, in this immense resort, there are countless other things TO DO and enjoy!
Here are some of our favorites places to visit and things TO DO:
* Go To Altos de Chavon:
Completed in 1982, Altos de Chavón is a replica of a 16th century Mediterranean village, located within the Casa de Campo resort. Overlooking the Chavón river, Altos de Chavón is one of Casa de Campo’s most beautiful areas, visited by hundreds of tourists everyday from nearby resorts, hotels and cruise ships. However, for the guests of the Casa de Campo hotel, as well as residents and villa owners of Casa de Campo, Altos de Chavón is much more than a beauty spot, with several restaurants, shops, bars, an art gallery and the Altos de Chavón school of Art and Design it is also a popular place to “hang-out” (for social gatherings.)
Where: Within the Casa de Campo resort in La Romana
With it’s cobbled streets, breathtaking view and beautiful architecture, Altos de Chavón is a beautiful place for a pleasant stroll – but it also has a number of attractions you may be interested to visit:
- The St Stanislaus Church
- The Altos de Chavón Art Gallery
- The Altos de Chavón Amphitheater
- The Dye Fore and Dye Fore Lakes Golf Course
- The Archeological Museum
- The Altos de Chavón School of Art and Design
- The Jenny Polanco Project fashion, arts and crafts store
- Luna Taina souvenir store
- The Art Studios by Emilio Robba – ceramic and textile designs created by artesians in Altos de Chavón
- The Casamontecristo Cigar Lounge – cigars and accessories
- Everett Designs – jewelry
- The Dye Fore Pro Shop – golf accessories and golfing on the Dye Fore and Dye Fore Lakes
- The Tienda Batey – handcrafted linens
- The Mercadito supermarket
Restaurants and Bars:
- Gino in Trastevere restaurant – authentic Italian
- La Piazzetta restaurant - Italian and Mediterranean
- La Cantina restaurant/bar – Caribbean
- Onno’s Bar - popular nightspot/club, serves bar food
- Papa Jacks - popular nightspot/club, serves bar food
Get relaxed and fall inlove again while the kids discover some of our dominican culture playing Traditional Dominican Games.
* Relax right after the trip within The Casa de Campo Spa:
Located in the main Casa de Campo hotel area, the Casa de Campo spa is a haven of tranquility, where each client enjoys their massage or treatment in the privacy of their own cabaña.
Some signature treatments include:
- The “Casa de Campo Spa Signature Facial“, a customized facial using collagen 360°, which gives the face back its volume, improves skin elasticity and softness for a healthier complexion.
- The “Coffee-Mint Rub“, exfoliate and hydrate the skin with a cool wake-up mix that combines Dominican grown coffee with a touch of peppermint to improve circulation and reduce the appearance of cellulite
- The “Classic Massage“, with long, flowing strokes to release full body tension
- “In-focus” massages; “Warming Back” with warm towels to release back tension, “Best Foot Forward” for achy feet, sore knees and restless legs or “Head, Neck and Shoulder” a three dimensional massage with warm oils and hot stones.
Open daily: 9am – 8pm
* Get some more of our culture Visiting Altos de Chavon Regional Archaeological Museum:
With more than 3,000 Pre- Columbian and Taino artifacts, here you will learn about the Dominican Republic’s rich ancestral heritage.
Where: Altos de Chavon (Right behind the St. Stanislaus church)
Open: Daily, 9am – 9pm
* The Marina Casa de Campo
La marina Casa de Campo, Generally considered as one of Casa de Campo’s most “chic” areas, the Marina Casa de Campo is a great place for shopping, dining and of course boating!
Completed in 2001, the Marina Casa de Campo was designed by architect Gianfranco Fini, who took his inspiration from old seaside villages of the Mediterranean and especially the famous “Plaza Portofino” in Italy. Today, the gorgeous Marina Casa de Campo boasts more than 100 villas and apartments, more than 20 shops, numerous restaurants, bars and cafés and a bustling night life.
The Marina Casa de Campo – Basic Facts
Where: Latitude 18 degrees 23.9 North and Longitude 68 degrees, 54.2 West
Docking and Sailing Facilities:
Mooring with water, electricity and cable TV
6 direct fueling points for gasoline and diesel
In the Marina Casa de Campo you will find more than 20 boutique stores selling clothing, gifts, swimwear, fashion-wear, sunglasses, cigars, jewelry, furniture and art as well as a supermarket for essentials and a hardware store.
Eating and drinking:
The Marina Casa de Campo offers a diverse range of eating and drinking options; restaurants, bars, ice-cream shops and cafés The main night-life area is the “Plaza Portofino” which is home to 6 restaurants and bars, which throughout the year is also a staging event for various events. Just outside of this area is Mistral, a laid-back “budget” option and up the “Paseo del Mar” (the pier) you will find the Azimut Café, La Casita and the Victory Club (seasonal opening).
Or you may be am Sports fan...
* Casa de Campo Golf
The Casa de Campo resort boasts 90 holes designed by Pete Dye; the Teeth of the Dog, the Dye Fore (with 27 holes), Links, as well as 27 holes at the members-only La Romana Country Club.
* The Casa de Campo Shooting Center
Casa de Campo’s impressive and extensive shooting facilities include the onsite 245 acre Shooting Centre, with over 200 stations for trap, skeet and sporting clays and pigeon rings as well as “Rancho Peligro”, a wild bird reserve outside of Casa de Campo where “Driven Shoots” take place.
* The La Terraza Tennis Club
The La Terraza Tennis Club in Casa de Campo boasts 13 courts, 10 with lighting, as well as a bar, swimming pool and terrace and an experienced team of tennis professionals and ball boys.
Opening Times: 7am – 9pm
- Court rental - Raquet rental - Ball boy
- Player - Tennis lesson with a professional or with an assistant
* The Casa de Campo Equestrian Center (Dude Ranch)
The Casa de Campo Equestrian Center cares for the ponies and horses of Casa de Campo residents, but also offers trail rides and horseback riding lessons including jumping.
Open Times: 8am – 6pm
With Trail rides within the resort and Trail Rides outside the resort available.
A 2 hour exploration of the Dominican countryside at Rancho Peligro.
Available: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 4 person minimum.
Horseback riding lessons and pony rides (for children under 7 years of age) available :
- 30 min - 1 hr
* The Casa de Campo Polo Club
Throughout polo season the Casa de Campo Polo Club hosts numerous national and international polo tournaments, and also offers polo lessons all year round.
Opening Times: 8am – 5pm
- Donkey Polo - Polo classes with assistant or professional
* Kayaking on the Chavón river (Río Chavón)
1 hour tours available every Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and depart from the Casa de Campo hotel at 9:45am
- Kayak - Double Kayak
* Casa de Campo’s private beach – Minitas Beach
sailing minitas beach
With waiter service to your chaise longue from the Beach Club by Le Cirque restaurant or the Coco Mar Bar, as well as fun games, activities and water sports to amuse the kids – Minitas Beach, Casa de Campo’s private beach is the ultimate place to relax!
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, City vacations, Lake nearby, Warm winter getaways
Tennis courts nearby, Water sports nearby, Golf course on-site or within 15 minute walk, Golf course within 30 minute drive, Horse riding nearby
Nearest shops, -1 miles
Nearest beach: Minitas, Casa de Campo Private Beach, -1 miles
Nearest airport: La Romana Airport (IATA Code: LRM / ICAO Code: MDLR), -4 miles
Nearest train station: No Passangers Train Station Available in La Romana
Nearest ferry port: La Romana Tourist Port, -2 miles
Car is recommended
Last updated on July 12, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 57 other La Romana rentalsCheck Availability for La Romana
Rates shown in $ USD
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage insurance | $50
- Corporate bookings allowed
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- A/C or climate control
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Long term rentals allowed (over 1 month)
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Central heating
- Bachelor or bachelorette parties allowed
- Housekeeping Optional
- Short breaks allowed (1-4 days)
- Hair dryer
- Towels Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
Pool / Spa
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Children's pool
- Stove or Oven
- DVD Player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Balcony or terrace
- Boat available
- Pet friendly - yes
- Smoking allowed - yes
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - ask