Makai Nalu Cottage
|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
|Living space||800 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
Description from the manager
Makai Nalu Cottage is an extremely private, healing retreat-style residence, located at the foothills of the West Maui Mountain range. Ideal for a honeymoon vacation, or a romantic escape on Maui, this cottage is peerless when it comes to innovation, design and comfort. A scrupulous amount of energy has been employed to insure that a vacation experience at Makai Nalu will supersede all expectations. The interior has been delicately furnished in a streamlined fashion, with hints of Hawaiiana and Balinese refinement. Enjoy awaking daily to 180-degree views of the Pacific Ocean and the outer islands of Molokaâ€™i, Lanaâ€™i and Kahoâ€™olawe as yo...Read more
Rental Property is located in Lahaina, Hawaii, but cannot be displayed on a map. Contact the manager for more details
We do not have the specific location for this property. Contact the manager for more details
Makai Nalu Cottage
located in Lahaina, Hawaii, but cannot be displayed on a map. Contact the manager for more details
Additional Location Information
Stimulate your senses at Makai Nalu. Bask in breathtaking sunsets, relax as you watch palm trees sway in the warm Maui breeze from the Balinese day bed, or take a dip in the pool while enjoying endless ocean views and perfect weather at this unique Bali inspired open air cottage. Create culinary delights while enjoying the tropical Hawaiian breeze and spectacular ocean views. This 1 bedroom cottage blends open air living with comfort and style while providing guests with never ending ocean views, whale watching, and luxurious amenities.
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$595||$595||$0||$0||5 nights|
|May. 1 2013 - May. 31 2013
|Jun. 1 2013 - Aug. 31 2013
|Sep. 1 2013 - Nov. 21 2013
|Nov. 22 2013 - Nov. 30 2013
Thanksgiving Holiday Rate
|Dec. 1 2013 - Dec. 18 2013
Early Winter Rate
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
- TAT - 9.25% of rental - Tax - Transient Accommodations Tax.
- GET - 4.17% of rental - Tax - General Excise Tax.
- Propane Fee - $0 / stay - Fee - The propane fee will be included with reservation. Guest will be required to sign off on amount of propane when you check in and check out. Anything over the propane fee will be paid by guest.
- Cleaning Fee - $180 / stay - Fee - The fee for cleaning the property after a stay. The rental shall be in the same condition upon departure as at check-in, normal wear and tear expected. Excessive cleaning will result in an extra fee.
- Deposit - $1,000 / stay - Security Deposit - A security deposit is required on your reservation in addition to the taxes and fees. Your security deposit, less Applicable Charges, if any, will be returned to you via, check no later than forty five (45) days after your departure. Applicable Charges include the cost of repairing or replacing any of the Property or its Contents that may be damaged and/or loss of items from the rental, long distance telephone calls not billed to your credit cards/third party, and excessive cleaning costs beyond the amount of the Cleaning Fee charged (as determined by housekeeping upon your departure, i.e. excessive trash disposal, excessive laundering, upholstery or rug shampooing, etc.) A detailed invoice setting forth the Applicable Charges, if any, will be included with the balance of the Security Deposit being returned. Unless, you dispute any these Charges within five (05) days of your receipt of the itemized list, the Charges are deemed to be accepted.
- Processing Fee - 4% of rental - Fee - Credit card processing fee percentage.
- Event Addendum and Fee - $0 / stay - Fee - Although not every property allows events, if you are staying at a property that does allow events please be aware that there will be an additional event addendum and event fee. Please ask your reservation specialist for details. If you are planning to have an event and you do not let your reservation specialist know ahead of time your event may be shut down and you may be ask to leave immediately or charged double the event fee.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: April 11, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Perfection in Paradise
You know how you look at the images from online brochures only to be disappointed but the actual results. This property was everything that was pictured and more. Overlooking the Pacific with with Lanai'i in the distance we were daily amazed at the level of peacefulness and solitude Makai Nalu provided. Everything needed to make our stay wonderful was provided. I love to cook and took full advantage of the well-equipped kitchen, easily adjusting to the grill and burners for preparation. I have never had a kitchen with such an amazing view! We rose early to watch the sunrise over the mountains and daily enjoyed watching the whales in the pacific with the provided binoculars.
The very large bedroom was comfortable with a large king canopy bed with the height of the bed allowing for an amazing view of the gardens. We were never uncomfortable as the provided air conditioning, when needed was available. We liked the outdoor shower for rinsing off after the beach or pool. Indoor-outdoor music created a soundtrack for our entire day and we kept in on the Hawaiian station for the entire time.
The cottage and grounds were furnished in Balinese treatments, which further enhanced the peaceful experience. Wendell and Lisa did an amazing job of design and implementation of this vision. The entire experience is designed for a couple as we spent hours in the pool, watched the sunrise over the mountains with our morning coffee, enjoyed amazing sunsets and comfortable nights with the soft lighting and tiki-torches.
Yes, this was a splurge however the seclusion, view and grounds and overall comfort level is well worth it. We are already planning our return.
Blissful Setting for our Hawaiian Honeymoon!
We splurged quite a bit to stay in a private cottage for our Maui honeymoon - and it was worth every penny! I was so impressed with this cottage - the decor, the location, the view! I loved everything about it down to the detail scrollwork on the doors! Everything was incredibly clean and the owners really seemed to think of everything a guest would need -there was even a nice selection of movies to watch and a great sound system for listening to music throughout the house! The kitchen was stocked with anything we could need and the grill was very nice. They even provided binoculars for whale watching - I had forgotten our set and was pleasantly surprised to find them in the house. Another nice touch was the guest book where previous guests had written some of their favorite things about the stay - including the best local restaurants, excursions, etc. The weather was not perfect the week we visited - rainy and cloudy almost every day but it didn't matter at all - if it was going to rain, I'd rather be outside in a covered cottage watching for rainbows than sitting in a hotel room. We had originally planned day trips around Maui for other excursions and we ended up canceling everything just so we could stay at the cottage and enjoy the view (we never even made it to the beach we loved the pool so much!) Even though the owners are nearby, they gave us our privacy but were sweet enough to offer reassurance should we need anything when bad storms were rolling in. We spent our days laying poolside or whale watching from the kitchen and evenings in town for shopping. The only slightly negative thing about this cottage are the bugs at night. We fully expected there to be bugs since it is only partially enclosed. I really can't stand bugs but this was such a minor issue and didn't detract one bit from the amazing experience we had at Makai Nalu! Since we had decided to save a bit of money by eating in -we just adjusted our schedule so that all food was cooked before it got dark. We had such a great experience with the owners of the property as well as the staff from Exotic Estates (thanks Patti, Anna and aaron!). We miss Hawaii and would go back to Makai Nalu in a heartbeat! Thanks to everyone for such an amazing experience!
We stayed for 8 days and it was wonderful. The view was unbelievable. We enjoyed the privacy the cottage offers and the privacy the owners gave us. The interior and exterior design of the house was beautiful and well done. The outside kitchen was great but as one reviewer wrote...there are bugs that you have to watch for (mostly ants in the evening). We loved having our own private pool but took advantage of all that Maui offers with dining and the ocean. It was nice to have the choice of staying in or adventuring out. We watched plenty of whales from our cottage. The bed was very comfortable and all the amenities were there. We'd go again in a heartbeat.
Response from Exotic Estates International - 05/07/2011
Mahalo for your review of our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Makai Nalu Cottage so well. We are always looking to provide our guests with unique experiences and memories that they may cherish for a lifetime.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Peacefull, relaxing, private
It is exactly as the pictures show, you have a private yard, private pool and a great view of the ocean. It is located to the side of the main residence on the property which makes you feel secure but has a brick wall with a large solid wooden gate that provides privacy.
Easy distance to Lahaina and far enough away from the high traffic tourist areas. We spent many hours just laying in the sun by the pool relaxing. Remember that the kitchen is outdoors so if you are a person who can not put up with a few bugs, make supper before the sun goes down or go to Lahaina and eat at one of the many restaraunts. We were there from Feb 14 to 20, a great time for whale watching.
An absolutely wonderfull place for a couple to stay!
Response from Exotic Estates International - 05/07/2011
Mahalo for your feed back on Makai Nalu Cottage. We have been spraying for bugs before a guests check in to mitigate the bug situation. We appreciate your your business and look forward to having you stay with Exotic Estates in the future.