Bradley Harbour cottage (#243)
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
Description from the manager
Cottage Profile Private, three bedroom, 900 square foot, waterfront cottage located on sheltered Bradley Harbour, Lake Huron. This wood clad cottage is nestled in the trees on a point of land that juts out into the lake. Inside the cottage is a large living room /dining area, with couch, two chairs, television, sky light and large windows facing the lake. Adjacent to the living room/dining area is the kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave oven. A nice feature of this cottage is the screened in sun room with table and chairs. This is a nice place to enjoy the outdoors without the bugs. The cottage has three bedrooms, with a queen, double and a...Read more
Bradley Harbour cottage (#243)
Lions Head, Ontario, Canada
Additional Location Information
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in CAD) (change)
|Rate Summary||$0||$1,021 - $1,215||$0||7 nights|
|Jun. 29 2013 - Jul. 13 2013
|Jul. 14 2013 - Aug. 23 2013
|Aug. 24 2013 - Aug. 31 2013
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 10, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Not quite worth the price
Procedure was not too clearly pointed out about non-refundable deposit. Cottage was o.k. but lots of little details were not. Toilet was loose from it's fitting so it moved when you sat down on it. I like being out of the way but for this kind of money, I thought there should have been some uncracked plates and cutlery that had not seen better days. I don't think I would recommend this spot to any friends that I know.
mom of 3
The cottage was overall nice except the bathroom which needs some big help.
Beautiful location, well-maintained home
The house is a little old-fashioned, but provides enough space for two families and nice outdoor area with deck and firepit. Great community beach within 5 minutes walking distance. No problems with check-in/check out. Water quality was an issue for some of us, so we had to buy drinking water. With some minor improvements, such as repairing the faucets and more thorough cleaning (a lot of dust on shelves, TV stand etc) this would be really nice place.
It was love at the first sight, and this is our third visit
We visited this cottage few years ago when the kids were small. It is quiet, perfect for a family retreat. We found out that there ia "actually" a working TV during a third visit. We knew it was there, but there were no reason to turn it on.
Very beautiful nature and a great experience.
It was all perfect, the lake was right beside our cottage and it was very fun to be able to have so much nature at a time. We loved how at night our bonfire lit up the night sky. The cottage was very beautiful inside and out and there were all our basic needs and it was good how there were places that were wonderful not far from our cottage. It was one of the best vacations that me and my family had and we hope we can come soon to see the beautiful surroundings!
Although the location and setting are quite nice,the cottage is in serios need of updating, including mattresses & covers. It seems the only thing updated in about 30 years would be the flooring.
M & R
The interior was reasonably clean, but issues:
- once we pulled back the shades over the front windows, all kinds of dead bugs and dirt came down on the floor so that required cleaning
- cookware and cutlery was clearly not freshly clean and we had to wash all prior to use
- the screened in porch was really dirty
- all stuffed furniture was just really dusty and not clean feeling
4. Are there any improvements that would make your stay more enjoyable??
- the window shades on the screened in porch really don't work well at all
- the barbecue was not only very dirty but it was left in the porch and we had to move it out ourselves. The coals were covered in old food remains and we had to turn them all over and remove that debris, not really our job (and see below about its functioning)
- outdoor table and chairs also had to be hauled out by us, and cleaned. As well, the Muskoka chairs and table on the porch were covered with bird droppings - indicating to us that they had not been recently cleaned
- the smaller bedrooms, especially the one with the large bed really needs airing out as it is simply very damp and moldy and not pleasant
- a number of lamps had non-working bulbs or the lamps are not working
- there should be a dishwashing basin for the kitchen sink
- potholders should be replaced with fresh ones
5. Are there any appliances or equipment in the cottage that does not operate properly?
- the bottom grill of the barbecue, holding the coals, has collapsed in; this makes the whole system flair up and flame, not only not so safe nor good for cooking but a waste of propane
- the grills have lots of rust and should be replaced
- the cover is really difficult to put on and off and doesn't seem to be an appropriate fit
From our previous experience, we anticipated a rustic but clean cottage. We felt that while the floors were clean, there was more that should have been done to make a renter's experience the best it could be.
Rent cottage User
Good cottage, especially the area of the Bruce Peninsula.
Overall we were quite happy with this cottage. It was clean and fully equiped for a familly of 6 like we were. The location is great, and we really appreciated having a canoe available.
On the down side, the sitting area was not really comfortable, but the beds were.
Overall we were quite happy with this rental, it was good for the price and location, we would go back!
Everything I anticipated and more!
I had a great time at this cottage. I rented it for one week in September. The cottage was exactly as had been depicted in the photos on the website. The cottage was well-equipped and had everything that I needed. I loved the privacy of the cottage, but also took comfort in knowing that I was not the only cottage on the road. The campfire space was great and the little dock was perfect to enjoy your morning coffee or get lost in a book. Overall the cottage was well-maintained and the only negative thing I can say is that the bathtub/shower could have used a new shower curtain. It was a short drive to Tobermory and access to the Bruce Peninsula Trails was also great. I am planning on returning again next year!
The whole family had a very enjoyable time at the cottage. Boating and canoeing was a blast! The cottage was well equipped and had everything we needed. We also liked its central location roughly half way between Tobermory and Lion's Head.
Tranquil & inspiring
The cottage was clean and had all that I needed.I recorded my latest C.D there and it fitted the bill.The service in booking and a conversation with the owner was very welcoming and accomidating.
Southend on Sea, UK
Private home - Fishing, Canoeing
We loved every minute of our time at Bradley Harbour cottage (#243),Lions Head, Ontario. It had a nice big front wooded and lawned yard, a big back yard. A very long driveway.
Very private, homely. Well stocked cupboards, not food/ drink...
We were very impressed, we were visited by all manner of wild animals, which was an education.
Brilliant getaway, enjoy your stay!!!
Port Dover, Ont
Great for Family
Lots of space and nice to have the paddle boat. Couldn't find the sandy beach first day. If you rent, you are on a peninsula with Lake Huron dock in front of cottage and sandy private beach behind you across the road. No trafic and easy to walk to. We had a wonderful family holiday with bonfire singing and games. I would go back.