|Rental type||Apartment / Condominium|
|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
Description from the manager
FOR LATEST AVAILABILITY, MORE REVIEWS, AND AN INSTANT QUOTE, please visit IVY LETTINGS WEBSITE and enter "Elvaston Place" into the search box.
Â£15 ONLINE BOOKING DISCOUNT: enter promotion code â€˜flipkeyâ€™ when booking on Ivy Lettings website
ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
Chic, immaculate and light serviced apartment with charming private courtyard, plenty of living space and ideally located between Hyde Park and Gloucester Road tube station.
Master bedroom with king-size (5ft) bed, access to private courtyard and en-suite bathroom with toilet, basin and stand-up shower unit. Second bedroom with dou...Read more
Elvaston Place, Kensington, Sleeps 4.
Additional Location Information
Knightsbridgeâ€™s main draw is the shopping â€“ it is the site of Londonâ€™s most famous store and rich manâ€™s playground, Harrods, which most visitors sensibly enjoy more as an attraction than a retailer. Any committed shopper will enjoy browsing the stores (or perhaps just store windows) of the area's international fashion houses or London-based designers. These shops prey on Knightsbridgeâ€™s wealthy and fashionable sets, and reflect the fact that it is one of Londonâ€™s most desirable locales. Architecturally, the same residential features unite Knightsbridge and Belgravia â€“ broad leafy streets, stucco squares, cobbled pastel mews, and an aristocratic feel exuded by large townhouses flanked by wide-set columns. In the same vein, centrally located but infinitely more affordable, sits Pimlico. The area is perfectly situated to reach central London, enjoying beautiful views across the river to Battersea and almost personal access to Buckingham Palace and Westminster.
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP) (change)
|Rate Summary||$287||$287||$2,012||$0||5 nights|
|Dec. 21 2012 - Jan. 4 2013
|Jan. 5 2013 - May. 31 2013
Jan - May
|Jun. 1 2013 - Sep. 15 2013
|Sep. 16 2013 - Dec. 31 2013
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
Additional notes from owner
This property rents from Â£190 per night, plus a one-off fee of Â£199 for cleaning and taxes.
Subject to a 5 night minimum, rentals can be for any number of nights.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 21, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Damp, musty basement with hard beds and inadequate heating/hot w
We should have turned away as soon as we saw a blob of gum on the living room carpet, but it was midnight on a rainy night so we stayed. We were deeply disappointed with this rental because the heat was inadequate and we shivered all night. In the morning, we hoped to warm up in the shower, but the trickle of water that came out was tepid at best.
Another sign of the "fantastic" management was that the previous tenant's feedback form was left for us to see. They had complained of the same issues. Imagine that the management not only didn't care to fix the problems, but didn't care enough to collect the form!
The beds were rock-hard, and although the property was large, it had an unwelcoming layout: for example, the dining table was wedged in a windowless corridor. Another very basic layout problem: the "master bedroom" had no radiator or pipe or way for heat to get in. The management had set up a rattling toaster-sized heater, but it could not keep up with the basement's cold and damp.
We told the management first thing in the morning that they needed to relocate us to a different property with functioning heat and hot water. We also felt misled that their website hadn't mentioned it was a basement. The management was unsympathetic and impolite and said "there is nothing we can do." By 5pm the next day they hadn't offered us an alternative, so we had to move to more expensive new lodgings. We have had many successful stays in vacation rentals in the past, and have never had a situation like this before.
Avoid at all costs
Response from Ivy Lettings - 04/04/2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to say this is the worst review we have received in our trading history! Taking each point in turn:
- yes the previous tenants had left a chewing gum mark and we'd arranged for the carpet to be chemically cleaned afterwards but this was not enough so we're rescheduled a return visit after your stay. I apologise though that it was there for your arrival.
- re the heating and hot water, as we'd advised, this was working, it just hadn't been turned up enough! We'd ourselves arranged to have a new boiler installed in the property in the past two months. I'm sorry that perhaps we ought to have had the heating turned up even more before your arrival, though we did leave comprehensive heating instructions in the apartment...
- as to our management, I'm afraid I wholeheartedly disagree with your comments here. We were extremely sympathetic and are always very polite. To suggest that we brushed off your complaints is simply untrue and very unfair. We were unable to relocate you since we had no suitable alternative available over such a busy period. Notwithstanding the heating working perfectly well already, we provided an additional heater right away as a gesture of our commitment to ensuring (or attempting to ensure!) you were happy.
- regarding the situation of the apartment, this is basement flat but "lower ground floor" is not inaccurate. The flat is very light and even has its own small garden. In the years it has listed with us, nobody else has complained about this so I don't feel further clarification is required but thanks for your feedback.
- as for the beds, we're arranging to have the mattresses replaced to ensure a more comfortable stay for our guests in future. I'm sorry you found these inadequate.
I'm very sorry you left us prematurely. This is a very popular unit which we (together with many happy clients over the past years) feel represents excellent value for money in an amazing location. I haven't before experienced such a mismatch between our clients' expectations and our service, and we will strive to do better!
Thank you nonetheless for using us and I hope the remainder of your stay here in London went better.
Guy van der Westhuizen
MD, Ivy Lettings London
Jack & Carolyn
Table Rock Lake, Missouri, USA
Best two bedroom
Great location, short walk to the V&A; Museums, good transportation in all four directions, close to Imperial College if you have any 'study in London students. The apartment was very comfortable, fully equipped bright and with good ventilation. Perfect for two couples or a family.
Especially liked being greeted and showed all the workings of the apartment as there are differences between the us and the UK.
A great stay.
Response from Ivy Lettings - 12/03/2012
Many thanks for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back in future.
Guy van der Westhuizen (MD Ivy Lettings)
Flavia & Stefano
Great location, we will come back!
We stayed in the apartment for two weeks this summer and we found everything just perfect.
The apartment has all you need during your stay in London: fully equipped, nice back garden were you can even have breakfast, two comfortable bedrooms, a modern and design kitchen and a nice living room where there is plenty of place for the kids to play.
Moreover, the area nearby is well serviced by transports and there are a lot of shops and restaurants.
We would recommend the stay to families and we will try to stay here again in our future visits to London.
Response from Ivy Lettings - 10/09/2012
Dear Flavia, Many thanks for your kind review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in future. Sincerely, Guy van der Westhuizen (MD, Ivy Lettings)