Well Cottage is a luxury Cornish holiday cottage for 2 to 4 people located in the tiny hamlet of Coombe Farm, close to the bluebell woods around Herodsfoot and the West Looe Valley.
It is the perfect base from which to explore the fishing villages of Looe and Polperro only 6 miles distant, the wilds of Bodmin Moor and all the places which make Cornwall such an evocative and beloved holiday destination, whatever the season.
If space and comfort, peace and quiet are what you are looking for then Well Cottage is the answer - it has it all.
The finish and furnishings throughout are to the highest order of style and comfort -... no detail has been overlooked in ensuring your stay will be truly memorable.
'Probably the best self-catering accommodation we have stayed in over the last 20 years. Thank you!'
Christmas and New Year at Well Cottage
Cosy up in front of the log burner in Well Cottage and enjoy a perfect Christmas break in the Cornish countryside. A real Christmas tree, home made mince pies and mulled apple juice await your arrival - together with miles of moorland and coastal walking, pretty fishing villages, and traditional pubs. What could be better? And if you're worried about cooking, we can help - whether it's booking Christmas lunch at a local restaurant, or organising a meal via our delivered meal service, or sorting a grocery delivery for you, we'll do everything we can to make sure your Christmas is stress-free.
Christmas Eve - join us for a traditional candle lit carol service in our tiny local church - magical, the perfect start to Christmas
Boxing Day - the brave go for a swim in the sea - the rest of us watch!
New Year's Eve - Looe is THE place to be: fancy dress and fireworks and lots of fun.Read more
Well Cottage - luxury holiday cottage in Cornwall Looe, West Country, England
Additional Location Information
Well Cottage is in a peaceful rural location in the tiny hamlet of Coombe Farm, close to the bluebell woods around Herodsfoot in the West Looe Valley and close to the south Cornish Fishing Villages of Looe and Polperro, to the wonderful yachting port of Fowey and to the wilds of Bodmin Moor.
The cottage faces south and beyond the garden patio and BBQ area there is a field normally populated by sheep or lambs plus of course our pet pigmy goat Blossom.
Well cottage has ample off-road parking, and boat/bike storage can be arranged (please contact us to arrange).
Our favourite things...
There are lots of guide books and maps and general information at Well Cottage - and we're always at hand to help. Here are some our favourite things to do:
1. Walk out from the doorstep - through the woods around Herodsfoot and the West Looe Valley. We have produced a guide to the circular walks from Well Cottage, or you can walk all the way down the West Looe Valley into Looe and we'll pick you up at the other end!
2. Picnic on the beach - our favourite beaches, Lantic Bay and Lantivet Bay near Polruan, are quiet even in the height of summer, mainly because both require a bit of a climb. But it's worth it! This stretch of the coastline is glorious.
3. Explore Bodmin Moor - the moorland village of Minions is a good place to start, just a very short drive from Well Cottage. Here you'll find The Hurlers standing stones, the rocky outcrop of the Cheesewring and decayed mine workings, all set in a rugged and wildly evocative landscape. And there's a pub too!
4. Visit Looe and Polperro - our nearest coastal villages. Looe is home to Cornwall's second largest fishing fleet and has arguably the finest 'dayboat' fish in the country. When Heston Blumenthal of The Fat Duck (3 Michelin stars) wanted perfect fish for his TV programme, he came to Looe. Enough said! Polperro is a picture-postcard Cornish fishing village, complete with its fair share of smugglers' tales! The walk along the Coastal Path between Looe and Polperro is spectacular - challenging in parts but very worthwhile.
5. Take the ferry from Polruan to Fowey - leave the car 'our side' of the Fowey estuary and take the ferry across to the quaint shops and galleries of Fowey. There's great walking round the Fowey estuary, a beach at Readymoney Cove and a great range of pubs and restaurants. Something for everyone, in fact!
6. Visit a garden or two - Cornwall is renowned for its gardens, particularly in spring. Our favourites in the local area - Cotehele House (National Trust) in a wonderful setting overlooking the River Tamar, Antony, which has 100 acres of woodland gardens filled with rhododendrons, camellias and magnolias and the stunning Lost Gardens of Heligan.
7. And last but certainly not least - The Eden Project. A must-see - just 30 minutes away.
More About This Location
Last updated on September 15, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 19 other Looe rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.