HAVE IT ALL, WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
|Rental type||Apartment / Condominium|
|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
|Living space||1025 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
|Theme||Budget, Historic, Away from it all, Beach, Ocean|
Description from the owner
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Lovely 2 bedroom, Jack and Jill bath condo in the beautiful Madeira Beach Yacht Club right on the Boca Ciega Bay, 150 yards from endless Gulf of Mexico Beach. This gated, lanscaped club boasts two pools, fitness center, hot tub, fishing piers, billiards room and library. The park next door has basketball, soccer, tennis, ballparks and a playground. Then, of course there is THE BEACH with miles of sugar white soft sand and gentle waters where dophins and pelicans play, and oh what spectacular sunsets.........
THE CONDO is Large and well decorated. Both bedrooms have superior queen beds, walk in closets and...Read more
HAVE IT ALL, WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
Madeira Beach, Florida
Additional Location Information
Madeira Beach is in the middle of a long thin island strecthing from Clearwater to St. Peterburg. It is the ideal location beacuse it is quiet and relaxing with an old Florida feel yet minutes away from any amusement you could want. When you cross over one of the many bridges tfrom the mainland, you feel that you are really on vacation. Although there are many unique shops and fine restaurants, and night spots with entertainment, prices are moderate and you get good value. Having the municipal park next door with loads of free athletic facilities is a bonus. I love walking around the park edge, right on the Boca Ciega Bay watching fish near the sea wall and the boats coming up and down the intercaostal . Gulf Blvd is the main street running the lenght of the island. You don't even need a car since everything is within walking distance and the "Jolly Trolly" will transport you up and down the island for a nominal fee.
Location Type Away from it all, Beach, Ocean
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$90||$90||$550||$1,380 - $2,950||5 nights|
|Nov. 1 2013 - Mar. 31 2014
|All Other Dates||$90||$90||$550||$1,380||5 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Tax/Cleaning - $80 / stay - Fee - INCLUDED
Additional notes from owner
There is a $200.00 security/rental deposit refundable 14 days after departure upon condo inspection.
There are discounts for 7 or more nights from May 1 to October 31 for parties of 2 adults.
Contact 412-531-3239 or email@example.com for November through April rates.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 16, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Home away from Home
Our family had stayed in the condo in 2011 and loved everything about it so we were planning to come again in august of 2012. In May of 2012 we were scammed in the Florida Keys. While we were frantically trying to figure out what to do at 10 pm on a weekend we called Janet and she made a few calls and got everything set up for us to come back and saved our vacation! We already loved it there and were planning to return but because of how awesome she was and how much we already loved the condo it is now our home away from home. The condo is bright and clean, walking distance to the beach, restaurants and cafes, the library, fishing, etc. It is perfect for couples, friends or families. If you get the chance to stay I highly recommend it to literally everyone (so long as the dates they want to travel don't interfere with when we will be there)!
Find another place to stay
feelings aside here are the facts:
1. Condo is not clean. When we got there - there was pair of socks inside coach, pair of dirty underwear under master bed, sand in closets, etc Living room sofa pillows are just plain dirty.
2. Owner wants $200 security deposit sent as money order (very inconvenient and old age)
3. Keys not sent to you. So, if you get there when office is closed, you have to leave car by gate, get keys, walk to condo, get gate pass card, then go back to car and then you can drive in. Pretty inconvenient too.
4. There is only 1.5, not 2 full bathrooms as owner states in all her advertisements - was huge issue for us. I specifically asked her over the phone how many bathrooms in condo - she said two 2. This would've been a deal breaker for me right off the bet if she said 1.5. A big misrepresentation.
5. She ignores the # of people you indicate in Flip key or whatever side you use to request condo rate. And would tell you never told her it was more than 2. So make sure when you write e-mails to her, indicate the # of people in your group as many times as possible. So when she doesn't want to return your $200 security deposit, saying you used too many towels or too much water for 2 people, you can use your e-mails as prove.
6. As you can there is big issue of getting your security deposit back.
7. The walk to beach takes 15 minutes for young people, not 5. And you do have to cross a major road, so don't plan on letting kids go to the beach on their own.
8. Take pictures of kitchen cabinets before you start using plates, cups, etc She doesn't have pictures in her checkout but expects them to be on exact same spots.
9. Same true for closets - Take dated pictures, esp if you see sand, dirt on things in them. so you have prove.
I hope you are not reading all the way to this sentence and looking for a different spot by now. Condo complex is still is ok kept. the pools are good. But you can see it's old.
Van Wert, Ohio
Name of condo says it all!
Very nice complex for our beach vacation. Pool right next to building was also a nice plus. This condo was far enough off Gulf Blvd. to make it truly a quiet and relaxing location. The only drawback is the trek to the beach. It would be difficult to walk with chairs, coolers, etc., but if you have a vehicle, you can pack it up and park immediately upon turning onto Gulf Blvd. I would definitely consider staying here again!
We came for our son's commissioning and graduation from college. Throughly enjoyed the condo...it was relaxing, comfortable, clean, and perfect for us. Everything we needed was close-by. Really...this place perfectly suited us. Even the college kids were impressed.
My husband and I spent the month of February 2011 at the Madeira Beach Yacht Club in condo 320 G. We felt very much at home in this condo as it is nicely decorated in Floridian style. This condo is well kept up, very clean and has all the conveniences of home. The kitchen has plenty culinary items plus a well stocked pantry. The appliances are up to date. Linens are plentiful, the washer and dryer make keeping up with the laundry no task. The beds are clean and comfortable. The condo is bright with sunlight. Air conditioning and heating units are in great working condition. We would definitely recommend this condo.
A Family Friendly Stay in Paradise
We stayed at this rental in 2008. Although we only stayed for one week, the memories will last us a lifetime.
A short walk from the beautiful beaches, this turn-key rental had everything we needed. From towels and beach chairs to toys for my little boy, we didn't need to bring anything other than our clothes! The area is quiet and safe, we never worried about the environment.
The pools are beautiful and clean. Truth be told, we spent a lot of time in the heated pools.
It was wonderful to open the doors and immediately feel like we were at home. The rental is clean and well organized. I loved that we had a washer and dryer in the unit!