Additional Location Information
Manly is only 17km from the central business district of Sydney and is in the Northern Beaches Region. The average temperature in summer is 18-27°C (65-80°F) and in winter, it is a very pleasant 8-17°C (48-62°F).
From Sydney Airport Domestic or Sydney Airport International Train Station, it takes 18 minutes to arrive at Circular Quay. From there, ferries to Manly depart from Wharf No.3 every 30 minutes.
Alternatively, a taxi will take approx 35-45 minutes or there is a reliable and cost effective shuttle service provided by Manly Express ((website: hidden))
Manly is famous for its amazing beaches which stretch from Queenscliff Beach to its north, to South Steyne and the world-renowned Manly Beach itself. The prominent icon that symbolizes the beaches and the ocean of Manly is the Norfolk Island Pine. There are also many rock pools on the 10 minute walk to Shelley Beach and Fairy Bower.
You are a few hundred metres to the ferry terminal for a fun trip across Sydney Harbour to Circular Quay and Sydney's CBD, reaching Sydney attractions such as a vast array of restaurants at Circular Quay, the historic "Rocks" area, the Harbour Bridge or the Opera House in only 15 minutes.
Why do so many people visit Manly?
- 100 metres from the sand ... enjoy the sunrise over the ocean, a morning run or a surf
- Go for a bushwalk ... there are a number of popular scenic walking routes that link the beaches with the national parks
- Learn to surf with Manly Surf School
- Swim with the sharks at Manly Sea Life Sanctuary (formerly Oceanworld Manly)
- Get up close and personal to the migrating whale population
- Take a ferry and visit famous Taronga Park Zoo
- Kayak scenic waterways to secluded beaches
- Rent a bike and ride the dedicated bike track to Fairy Bower, or explore hidden trails on a bike tour with Manly Bike Tours
- Snorkel or scuba the Manly Marine Reserve
- Sail the harbour on a skippered cruise
- Learn to dig, spike and dive with Sydney Beach Volleyball School
- Have a swing at one of the golf courses in the Manly area
- Visit Q station for the spectacular views or book a history, ghost or paranormal tour
- Find local treasure at the weekend markets
- Stroll to the pedestrian mall, the Corso, and shop for gifts for friends at home
Manly also boasts an annual Calendar of Events, which provides a diversified programme of entertainment for the enjoyment of all residents and visitors.