The Shallowbag Bay Club is located on the Outer Banks, North Carolina in Manteo. This premier marinafront community offers spectacular views of the Roanoke Sound. An on-site restaurant (Stripers Bar and Grille) offers an eclectic menu and waterfront dining at its best. A fitness center and waterfront pool completes the package. Manteo's charming Old Town shopping district is a short stroll away. Spend the day antiquing or have lunch or dinner in one of Manteo's fine restaurants.Vacation My Way. Soundfront. Non smoking, pet free home. , 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath. Saturday. Accommodates 4. 2Q. Property 1-A in the Point Building, ground level at e...nd of building, waterfront covered deck with furniture and views of Roanoke Sound and sunset views of old town Manteo. 25' dock space behind building in G4. Access to club house, pool hot tub, and fitness center included. Master suite with queen bed, jetted tub and walk in shower, second bedroom with queen bed, wireless internet connection, 3TVs (2 flat screen), DVD players. Public parking is found thru out development. To view the amenities for Shallowbag Bay Club.AMENITIESRead more
Left on 11/16/2011 for a stay in November 2011 | Aleks
We stayed in Shallowbag Bay Club #1105 for the weekend of the Outer Banks Marathon (11/11/11-11/13/11). Overall the condo was fantastic - very clean, spacious, and comfortable, and great location for the marathon. In fact, because the building was about a half mile from the finish line, we walked from the finish line celebration in downtown Manteo to the condo after the run. Overall, main positives were as follows:
1) Condo was very spacious, with a great master suite. Also loved the layout of the condo with an open kitchen and plenty of seating. Overall the condo was beautiful, particularly for the price. We were impressed when we walked in.
2) Excellent location for the race. Shallowbag Bay Club was about a half mile from the finish line for the full and half marathons.
3) Convenient location to the few sites we saw - probably less than 10 minutes from the Wright Brothers memorial and the sand dunes.
Couple of downsides:
1) This was a downstairs unit in the same building as a well-attended sports bar, so we did occasionally hear some late-night traffic back and forth. Not particularly disruptive.
2) TV sets were a little older - not ideal for watching college football.
3) Late night check-in was unnecessarily confusing. Shallowbag Bay Club is separate and about a mile away from the main "Pirate's Cove" property, but the keys are in the "Pirate's Cove" office. We did not receive clear instructions regarding receiving our key and we flew in pretty late Friday night due to some delays, so it was a little frustrating to be scrambling at midnight to try to figure out how to get into our condo. Issue was exacerbated because when we did find Pirate's Cove, the security guard directed us to Shallowbag Bay Club instead of to the late check-in box about 100 feet away.
Left on 11/12/2009 for a stay in November 2009 | Chris Gladdue
From the moment we pulled into this newly developed higher end community we felt secure and quite confident with our selection. We were pleased that we were able to park directly in front of our unit unlike hotel parking. Upon entering the unit it felt like we were welcomed guests within the comforts of a close friend’s home. The condo was decorated nicely, had ample room, every appliance and utensil needed along with furniture that made you want to stay a while. Unlike most places, the condo actually looked better in person than in the photos. So if you want a comfortable, spacious condo with beautiful views and close proximity to town, this is for you. I highly recommend Shallowbag Bay Club and hope you share the same experience as we did. Just a few words of advice though, stop at Harris Teeter first to stock up the fridge and while you're there pick up some extra paper products for the kitchen and bathroom just in case since we had only one of everything on the roll.
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.