Villa Mirador: Specials Available!
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
|Theme||Adventure, Budget, Wilderness, Away from it all, Mountain, Tropical|
Description from the owner
We are the EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY MANAGERS of this home and as such, are the best people to talk to in terms of special rates, last minute discounts and guest services.
Villa Mirador is an inviting vacation villa with an amazingly uninterrupted view of the protected greenery extending south from the Manuel Antonio National Park, towards the southern zone of Costa Rica. The ideal location offers spectacular panoramic views and is a short drive from the beaches, shops, restaurants and adventure activities.
The house sits on three levels with bedrooms on each floor. The pool is on two levels and features a water slide and swim-up bar....Read more
Villa Mirador: Specials Available!
Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Additional Location Information
On the way to Villa Mirador, you pass through downtown Quepos and head up the hill towards the Manuel Antonio National Park and beaches. Just before the soccer field in Manuel Antonio, you turn off to the left at the Hotel Villas Lirios, and follow the road a short way to reach the house. Take the first right past Villa Mango and Villa Mirador is located down a short drive. Should you walk or drive from Villa Mirador back to the main road, you will pass two little neighbourhood supermarkets. Once you get back onto the main road, you will see that opposite the soccer field there is a pizza place, a typical Costa Rican restaurant, and upstairs, a great cafe. There is also a bus stop which would take you to the beach. Also, next to the soccer field, there is a bakery and a sushi restaurant. There is also a bus stop on this side of the road, which would take you to downtown Quepos.
Location Type Away from it all, Mountain, Tropical
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$1,071||$1,071||$4,500 - $9,500||$0||3 nights|
|Feb. 5 2013 - Mar. 22 2013
High Season 2013
|Mar. 23 2013 - Mar. 30 2013
Easter Week 2013
|Mar. 31 2013 - Apr. 30 2013
High Season 2013
|May. 1 2013 - May. 31 2013
Green Season 2013
|Jun. 1 2013 - Jun. 28 2013
Mid Season 2013
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
|Jun. 29 2013 - Jul. 6 2013
4th July Week 2013
|Jul. 7 2013 - Aug. 31 2013
Mid Season 2013
|Sep. 1 2013 - Nov. 22 2013
Green Season 2013
|Nov. 23 2013 - Nov. 30 2013
Thanksgiving Week 2013
|Dec. 1 2013 - Dec. 20 2013
High Season 2013
|Dec. 21 2013 - Dec. 28 2013
Christmas Week 2013
|Dec. 28 2013 - Jan. 4 2014
New Years Week 2013
|All Other Dates||$1,071||$1,071||$7,500||-||3 nights|
|View all 13 Rate Periods|
- Damage deposit - $500 / stay - Security Deposit
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: April 03, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Home away From Home
Villa Mirador is a perfect home away from home in Costa Rica! We were so impressed with the quality and comfort of Mirador. The home had perfect amenities for our family with a beautiful fully furnished kitchen, wonderful pool, and great outdoor living space. The housekeeping and concierge staff were impeccable! The location is just minutes from great restaurants and the beach. We would definitely return to Mirador again!
Nice home, but has some issues.............
I rented this property from Feb 13 - Feb 18, 2013 and overall we enjoyed the location and the home. The booking process was difficult but once we arrived the check-in process was very easy. The leasing agent did not check the home before we arrived and the bottom bedroom sheets were full of bugs and the refrigerator temp was turned up to 50 degrees and all our pre-stocked food was ruined. The home had no extra linens and towels. What is on the bed and on the towel racks is all they have to offer. The home did not have an oven which was very weird. The air conditioner in the master bedroom did not properly work the last two days of our stay. The exterior patio doors do not have a track system or weather stripping so bugs come into the home from under the gap at the bottom of the door. The internet router was very old and only worked two days during our stay. The rental agent blamed the cable company but we could tap into the next door neighbors wi-fi if we were standing outside. With all that being said, this is a nice home and a cool design. The pool was fabulous and it has a very new gas grill to cook at home. The maid was Marcella and she was perfect and helped us with everything. I have stayed in Costa Rica many times and this was the first time we have had any issues with a property. Most of the negative things I wrote about here were minor and could have been addressed by a proactive rental company or on site agent. We had a great time on our trip and didn't let anything get us down. When you spend $600 per night it is only logical that you expect everything to work in the house. Sadly this did not happen for us. Contact me if you have any questions about this review or this property.
Response from Costa Rica First Class Villas - 03/28/2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We are sorry to hear about any difficulties you encountered while staying with us. We always provide an open-ear to guests and on-call assistance to amend any issues should they arise. Villa Mirador is one of our most enjoyed homes and extensive renovations and refurbishment had just been completed in the villa prior to your arrival. Please allow us to address your comments:
- Booking process was difficult? Unfortunately, you booked through a third party who does NOT represent us as the DIRECT property managers and rental agents for Villa Mirador. The third party you booked through incorrectly quoted you, as our rates were correctly advertised on our appropriate websites. Through this error of the third party, we agreed to offer you a significant discount so that you would not be inconvenienced.
- The bottom bedroom sheets were full of bugs? Unfortunately, this was never reported to us or we would have remedied the issue IMMEDIATELY. Villa Mirador has full-time housekeeping staff, maintenance staff, and ALL of our Villas are on a regular fumigation schedule.
- The refrigerator temperature was too high and ruined your food? There was a city-wide power cut that was out of our control and while we are very sorry for this, it was not such that food was ruined, although we did offer to replace any items that you were concerned about due to temperature.
- The home had no extra linens and towels? Villa Mirador is a 5-bedroom home with 6 beds and a capacity for 12 people. The home has an inventory based on a maximum capacity of 12 people. The housekeeping service of the home also includes laundry service (6 days a week) to ensure that pool towels and bathroom towels are kept clean and fresh. We have extra linens as back-up when needed, although with daily housekeeping service, your laundering of items should be efficient and you should not note any shortage of anything in the home.
- The home did not have an oven? We do not advertise otherwise. Many vacation rental homes do not have ovens but have stovetops instead. At the time of your stay, Villa Mirador had a full-size toaster-oven, large enough for a small turkey. We have since quoted an oven to be installed, so this issue should no longer be a problem.
- The A/C unit did not work in the Master Bedroom for the last 2 days of your stay? Villa Mirador has a full-time caretaker and our management company also has a range of on-call technicians. If this situation had of been reported, it would have been amended very easily. Often the solutions are very simple.
- Bugs came in the house? Bugs will come in the house when doors are opened and closed. Bugs are also drawn to lights at night time. This is Costa Rica.
- The internet was down? As was explained to you by your concierge, who made many attempts to resolve the internet issue and came around to trouble shoot. At the time, our internet provider´s system was down in various areas throughout Manuel Antonio. Internet issues can usually be resolved here by calling the provider, who troubleshoots, and can often fix problems remotely. If this is not the case, technicians will come to fix the system. Unfortunately, the provider was not taking ANY calls and had put out the general notice that there was cable damage throughout the area. Whether your neighbor could connect or not has nothing to do with Villa Mirador as he most likely uses a different provider. We did not “blame” the cable company we communicated to you an issue that the internet provider was in the process of resolving, which had nothing to do with the router.
Gary, we greatly appreciate your compliments in regard to the location and design of the home. You are right, Villa Mirador is cool. The pool is fabulous. Not only is the gas grill new, but the lounge sofas are brand new, the TVs are new, the pool towels are new, the bedspreads are new, pillowcases are new, security safes are new...
The maid does an AMAZING job, we agree. She takes a huge amount of pride in her work and we are lucky to have her.
You are right, the issues you mentioned were MINOR and should you have reported some of the details you were displeased with, you would have seen a very pro-active response. Just like when your daughters were locked out of the home the concierge IMMEDIATELY went straight to the home and let them in. Just like when you reported the internet down, the concierge came as soon as she could to trouble-shoot.
We take our guest experiences very seriously. You say "contact me if you have any questions about this review or this property" ... we are simply surprised you did not come to us first, so that we could have assisted you in real time.
We do hope that you had a nice family vacation and that your stay in Costa Rica was pleasant in spite of your post-departure communication.
Villa Mirador Management