• Water, water everywhere you look from this spacious, modern, year-round home, located on Santuit Pond in scenic Mashpee on Cape Cod.
• Three large bedrooms (including a huge master bedroom suite), three-and-a-half baths (one with a Jacuzzi), a fully equipped gourmet kitchen, open airy layout, and separate entertainment centers (air hockey, exercise equipment, and even a library for young and old) make this an ideal family vacation spot. One king-sized bed, 1 queen, 3 singles, a queen-sized sofa bed, and double futon easily accommodate 10-11 people.
• This vacation home is designed for comfort and wired for fun: Wireless... internet, cable, and a DVD player are all included, along with air conditioning, a washer-dryer, sheets and towels, and all the other essentials (from microwave, to lobster pot, to fireplace) that will make this feel like your home away from home.
• Go for a swim or fish off the dock, take the canoe and explore the bogs, go hiking along the trails in the preservation areas, spend the day at one of the nearby beaches, or explore some of the antique shops for which the Cape is known. All are located a short drive away.
• At the end of the day, watch the sunset from the wraparound deck, throw some fish on the outdoor grill, or enjoy one of the many near-by restaurants.
• The weekly rental ($1,800 - $2,775 depending on the dates) makes this easily the best deal on the Cape, a far cry from the cost/crowds at nearby New Seabury. In the words of one of our previous guests, “perfect house, perfect setting, …a haven for summer after summer!Read more
Point of View on Santuit Pond-Magnificent Sunsets Mashpee, Massachusetts (Property location is approximate) ?
Additional Location Information
Point of View is down a privtae road on a small peninsula protruding into Santuit Pond in Mashpee Ma. The wrap-around-deck overlooks conservation land and is the perfect location for birdwatching, sunbathing, or enjoying the sunset. Many visitors spend the week at POV canoeing, fishing, walking the nearby nature trails, relaxing on the deck, and/or creating culinary delights in the gourmet kitchen or on the outdoor gas grill. However, it is also possible to drive just a short distance for shopping (Mashpee Mall), excellent restaurants, or ocean activities.
Location Type Away from it all, Lake, Waterfront
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: March 14, 2014◀▶
Left on 07/17/2012 for a stay in July 2012 | Linda
My family and I had the pleasure of spending the past week at Point of View, as we prepared for our first son to get married in the neighboring town of Sandwich. It was wedding week and POV was the perfect place for reflecting and spending time with family. The views of the pond were gorgeous from every window of the home.
We did everything from canoeing and fishing on the pond to having delicious dinners in the spacious kitchen. The younger children enjoyed feeding the visiting swans and ducks. There was plently of room for the 10 of us especially, as we readied ourselves for the wedding. Anne was such a pleasure to work with from the very beginning. She was flexible and accommodating. Everyone agreed we will return to POV again. So nice!!!
Left on 05/24/2011 for a stay in July 2010 | Carey's
Point of View is our "dream" house on cape Cod. Spectacular home - beautiful free flowing design - spacious bedrooms w fantastic master bath - guest room (area) downstairs keeps privacy as a premium. A spectacular bass lake !!! Who knew??? Fantastic setting - have seen none better in my 30 years renting property on the Cape !And a hop/skip etc from Mashpee Commons - best mall on the Cape. This will be the first year in the last 5 that we missed renting but "we'll be baaack" !! I am still waiting for my "share" of the Tomatoes, however. lol Wonderful property and I would recommend this to anyone who thinks they deserve to treat themselves - because this "home" is a real "treat". !!!
Left on 05/24/2011 for a stay in September 2010 | Magee Family
Point of View is a great property to stay in. I have stayed there many times before. I actually have a week planned the end of June 2011! The views are great - the porch wraps around the back of the house facing Santuit Lake. We find ourselves spending the day at the beach and then returning to the lake to float and have cocktails before dinner. The house is configured for great gatherings (main floor) and privacy when needed (top floor master bedroom suite and then also the lower level bedroom / bathroom / den). We will continue to come back for a guaranteed great vacation!
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.