Cleaning fee | $175 per stay
Tax rate | 16% of rent
Additional notes from the owner
A separate $50 key registration fee is paid directly to Hotel upon check-in for this reservation.
• Payment Options: Our preferred method of payment is by VISA or MASTERCARD. An administrative processing fee is added to our quote for all reservations. Wire transfer into our Citibank account is free. International bank wire transfers are $35. Checks or money orders are acceptable if reservation is at minimum 30 days before arrival and check arrives at least 21 days before arrival date.
• Additional Charges: Our rates quoted to you include registration fee, administrative processing fee, daily resort fees, and Wi-Fi and Telephone Service for U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico (in those apartments where available). Our rates listed and/or quoted do not include 13% Sales Tax -- unless specifically stated as “all inclusive” with tax. Optional charges such as interim cleaning and parking, Travel Insurance or Property Protection Insurance, are arranged and paid for by your credit card authorization prior to your reservation being completed or after as an additional charge. Valet parking is included in “all inclusive” rates on reservations of 7 nights or more. If you require parking and reservation is less than 7 nights a $25 plus tax per day charge for valet parking is applied and will be charged separately. If you require a space for a second vehicle an additional $25 fee plus 13% sales tax applies.
• Sales Tax: Miami Beach - Dade County has a 13% Vacation Rental Sales Tax.
• Travel and Property Protection: As a licensed travel insurance agent in the State of Florida, we offer two vacation insurance plans: Trip Cancellation Insurance by CSA (which includes medical insurance, lost luggage, non-refundable trip expenses, and more) as well as a Property Damage Protection Plan by CSA (which covers accidental damage to rental property during your stay). We highly recommend considering purchasing at least one if not both of these insurance plans giving you the added peace of mind throughout your entire vacation experience. These insurance coverages provide immediate and valuable protection for you and your entire family (or group) traveling together. Details can be found further below.
• Deposit and Cancellation Fees: When booking more than 60 days prior to arrival date, a 50% deposit is required at time of booking. Total bill must be paid 30 days prior to arrival. Within 60 days of arrival full payment is required at time of reservation. If cancellation is made more than 90 days from arrival a 10% but not less than $250 cancellation fee is assessed. For cancellations between 31 and 60 days of arrival a 50% cancellation fee is assessed. Cancellations 30 days or less from reservation are non-refundable. Holidays and Special Event rentals are non-refundable reservations. Holiday dates include- Christmas, New Years, President’s Week, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Easter and Passover and Special Event date rentals include- Caribbean Festival, Boat Show, Music Festival, etc. To protect your payment we recommend you review and purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance (i.e. Travel Insurance) which may supersede our cancellation refund policy and protect your advanced payments.
• If guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent are not refunded.
• HORA, in its sole discretion has the final say in all disputes regarding refunds.
• A reservation is officially canceled when the guest notifies HORA in e-mail to email@example.com indicating reason for cancellation and has received a reply from HORA acknowledging receipt of such cancellation notice.
• Check-In/Out: Check-in after 4 p.m. Check-out by 11 a.m. UNLESS otherwise arranged in advance in writing and at time of reservation. Additional early or late check- in/out fees may apply if not pre-arranged and agreed to in advance.
Courtesy early check-in or late check-out (which courtesy is maximum 2 hours) is available based solely on whether we have guests checking out same day as your arrival or checking in same day of your departure.
Guaranteed early check-in or late check-out may be available depending upon prior occupancy and next reservation. To guarantee early check-in must be made at time of reservation and if available a ½ day rate is assessed for each early check-in and late check-out. Earlier or later check in/out times will require additional fees when we lose the ability to rent the apartment the night before or the night of check out date.
• Guest Count: When making your reservation the rate is calculated in part based on the number of both adult and children guests you register. If it is determined that you have occupied (sleeping) the apartment with additional guests, there will be an additional $25 charge per person per night added to your reservation and your credit card on file will be charged accordingly. The maximum number of guests in any apartment is listed on each respective property page on our website www.horarentals.com.
• Valet Parking: Reservations of seven or more nights include valet parking for one car, minivan or standard SUV such as an Acura MDX. Unfortunately, commercial or larger vehicles cannot be accommodated at this resort. Public parking in a municipal lot may be available, for a fee, a few blocks north of the resort. No assurances however, you may be able to arrange with building Valet for non-Covered Parking for larger vehicles. Additional cars require advance reservations and the current fee is $25 per day plus 13% sales tax, unlimited in/out. Parking is not included in reservations of less than seven nights unless specifically indicated in quote. Please contact us in order to reserve and pay for the parking option. There is no street or self-parking on beachfront properties. For all other properties please inquire.
• Wi-Fi Internet, Cable TV and Telephone Service: Most, but not all, HORA units have Wi-Fi and VOIP Phone Service available and are included free of charge in the base rate. Certain units that do not have HORA Wi-Fi installed (apartments under Hotel Management) require that you purchase Wi-Fi directly online from a service provider at approximate rates of $10 per day or $50 per week. We are not responsible if any of these services is interrupted but will try our best to have any technical issues repaired as soon as possible.
• Damage and Security Deposit: Depending on the number of guests and their ages and which unit you are renting, we require either a $500 or $1,000 Refundable Damage Security Deposit. HORA automatically releases this deposit if we do not hear from our caretaker within 48 hours of your departure date. We would object to a refund due to violations of House Rules as by example if smoking occurred, a pet was brought into the unit, excess debris and/or apartment left in “trashed” condition, unauthorized late check-out, missing items or damage to property, or additional guests were found to sleep in the unit than what was agreed to. To avoid charges for unintentional accidental damage that may occur, we recommend you purchase a Damage Protection Insurance Policy for $69 plus sales tax (see more detailed information below).
• Trip Cancellation & Travel Insurance Protection: You are an extremely valued guest and we want to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and worry free beginning right now. Because the unexpected can occur before you leave or when you’re away from home, we recommend the purchase through HORA a Vacation Rental Insurance Plan by CSA. This plan reimburses for pre-paid non-refundable expenses (i.e. full payments, deposits etc.) due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may cause you to cancel, interrupt or delay your trip. It also provides emergency assistance and certain emergency medical and hospitalization coverage, as well as delayed or cancelled flights, lost luggage, and more. We can provide this coverage for you for a fee of 6.95% ($69.50 per $1,000 of expenses). So by example if your total trip expense is $2,000 then your insurance premium would be $139 to cover all of your expenses plus you receive all other benefits including up to $1,000,000 in emergency medical assistance. This insurance must be requested and paid for within 72 hours of time of reservation and minimum 7 days prior to arrival date. Terms and conditions apply and are subject to the Insurance Carriers Rules and Regulations. For further information please inquire with us.
• Property Damage Protection Insurance: For your added protection we recommend you purchase through HORA, a CSA Property Damage Insurance Policy which insures you for unintentional damage or theft of our property in an amount up to $3,000. Please note that a violation of house rules such as smoking, pets, excess debris, are not an insurable act. You can purchase this policy at a cost of $69 plus 13% sales tax. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly to HORA Management Program any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection.
• Personal Valuables: This is a safe and secure resort and as in any resort proper precaution should be taken to protect your property. Do not tempt anyone by leaving valuables unattended. Building and management personnel have access to each unit for cleaning and maintenance or emergency purposes. Owner, Hotel, and Property Manager are not responsible for any items lost or stolen. It is your responsibility to secure any personal valuables. Most apartments have a safe (usually in master bedroom closet) available for safekeeping your valuables; however we take no responsibility for any of your or your guest’s valuables. Building security and local police should be notified immediately in the event of any loss or security issue.
House Rules and General Information:
• Missing or Damaged Items: You will be charged for any missing or damaged items from or in the apartment. Be sure to leave all remote controls and other electronic items such as DVD remotes, computer mouse and keyboard, portable telephones and fan/light remotes all in their respective places.
Towels- the Alexander Resort provides free towels at the pool so please NEVER bring towels or blankets from our apartment to the pool or beach. Do not use wash cloths, hand towels or bath towels for cleaning purposes, makeup or cosmetic removal or for other uses which will stain or damage the towels or blankets.
• Noise Ordinance: Miami Beach and our properties maintain an ordinance for disturbances in multi dwelling buildings. No excess noise, construction or banging on weekdays before 9am and after 10pm, and Weekends, Friday, Saturday & Sunday before 10am and after 11pm.
• Non-Smoking: All HORA properties in all locations are non-smoking including the entire Alexander Miami Beach building. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside the building. Smoking in an apartment or balcony can result in a fine and there will be a $250-$500 charge against your Damage Security payment to be used to deodorize and clean the apartment.
• No Pets: Service pets are permitted with prior approval. A $250 charge is required for “deep cleaning” for any pets. Please disclose this requirement at time of your reservation. Failure to do so will result in $250 penalty charge as well as the $250 “Deep Cleaning” charge.
• Check-out Times: You are required to check out of apartment at agreed upon check-out time in reservation. If you are found to have stayed in apartment in excess of that time, a half-day or full-day rate will be applied to your credit card on file.
• PLEASE REMEMBER TO NEVER LEAVE A CHILD UNATTENDED ON BALCONY. THANK YOU.
• Excess Debris: Additional fees of $100-$250 will be applied to credit card on file for excess cleaning charge if apartment is left excessively littered with debris and/or trash after you have checked out. Please leave apartment in a reasonably clean condition and treat our property as you would your own. We especially recommend that longer stays (7 nights or more) have interim cleanings. Interim cleanings can be arranged through HORA or directly with our caretaker. Our caretaker can provide personal laundry service as well as grocery shopping and babysitting service.