Chalet au Bord du Lac
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
|Theme||Golf, Luxury, Ski, Lake, Waterfront|
Description from the owner
Tranquility near the action! 4 star accomodations (CITQ certification)
2 units fully equipped with all modern facilities, including 2 wood fireplaces.
â€¢5 bedroom suite, upper unit (Sleeps Up To 10 People)
â€¢2 bedroom lower unit (Sleeps Up To 6 People)
Chalet au Bord du Lac, a one of a kind place due to its two different units.
Main & Upper Floor with 5 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. Enjoy a spectacular view of the lake from this open concept kitchen, dining room and living room.
Lower level with 2 bedrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 full bathroom.
Great for a big family. Each unit has it's own wood firepl...Read more
Chalet au Bord du Lac
Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
Additional Location Information
Executive luxury waterfront chalet on Lac Ouimet, a quiet non-motorized lake, with garden, stone terrace, quay and paddle boat.
Centrally located, at less then 3km (5 min. drive) from all Mont- Tremblant golf courses and ski hills (pedestrian village). Close to bike paths, the spa Scandinave and 1 km from Saint-Bernard (cross country skiing and snow shoeing).
Location Type Lake, Waterfront
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in CAD) (change)
|Rate Summary||$671||$671||$0||$0||2 nights|
|All Dates||$671||$671||-||-||2 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 14, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
The perfect place!!
Fully equiped, very clean, real welcoming and cosy house.
Had a wonderful family time!!
Many things missed during our stay - it's all in the details
The list of problems:
1) Asked for check in earlier than the prescribed 4PM. 3PM was agreed to. Actually arrived at 4:45, only to find access to the property blocked by a large snow plough drift, and the whole property had not been cleared after a storm 2 days before. Had to park across a busy street while waiting to have the access cleared. In the meantime, I humped some of our goods across the busy street, over the large snow drift, through the deep snow, up the slippery steps and into the chalet. I was travelling with a 3 year old, and with an injured leg, so this was even more troublesome. Access to parking and property finally cleared about 1.5 hours later.
2) The rest of our group starts arriving through the evening, but lights that should have been lighting the address sign and entry way are blown out - apparently, the owner and managers have not visited the site at night to know that these lights, plus the light for the back deck and BBQ are blown out.
3) WIFI not working
4) No soap in any bathroom - and no soap holders for the soap we purchased
5) 11 adults and 2 children - about 8 towels for the whole group. And not much to speak of either - small, thin.
6) Great fireplaces - no wood
7) TV downstairs broken, DVD not connected - guess it didn't matter cuz the TV was broken
8) TV upstairs works, but DVD not working
9) telephones not working
10) Garbage bins totally full upon arrival - so where are we supposed to put our garbage - by the way, not cleared during our 3 day stay either.
11) dishwasher dispenser not dispensing soap - so you have to run the thing without closing the dispenser lid
12) Kitchen basics lacking - vegetable peeler can't peel, no colander, microwaves quite poor, downstairs kitchen not equipped at all - even the stove had a sign saying don't use!
13) BBQ was very poor quality - couldn't sear meat to save your life.
So - what did they do about all these things?
-When I reached the property manager I was told they lived 45 minutes away and could not come that night, but would come by the next day. Our group travelled for up to 7 hours to reach this place in a poor state, and the property manager can't get out to fix it right away. The property manager comes by around noon the next day and tries to address the problems.
-She hands my wife a large bottle of soap and leaves it for my wife to re-fill the containers.
-The property manager leaves the towels we should have had in the first place, and my wife has to distribute them to the appropriate rooms.
-The property manager tells me the telephones aren't working because the plug is a bit tricky - she fixed it...for the time being. Get a new telephone or fix the jack so this can't happen!
-They bring firewood,
-They exchange the broken television later that day, but neither DVD player is working properly. The 1 downstairs flickers like a circa 1960's television and the 1 upstairs was playing only in black & white - we had to fix this.
- They had no idea how to fix the WIFI. Later the 2nd day, one of our own people called the WIFI provider and spent 30 minutes working it out and getting the thing up and running.
When we asked to have our departure time extended from 11AM to noon, we were told no. So...we lose more than an hour at the front end of our mere 3 day vacation, and spend a good deal of time trying to get everything else right in this place, and they can't extend our leave by an hour. Not impressed, but I wasn't surprised. These people have no sense of customer service, and certainly are a long way away from 4 star rating.