Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
Description from the manager
The Sant' Antimo Valley, the river Orcia and Monte Amiata surround Vill Antimo. These lush acres produce high quality olive oil and some of Tuscany's finest red wine, the incomparable Brunello di Montalcino. Tours of the cantina and wine tastings are available upon request exclusively for the guests of Villa Antimo. Located on an epic private property that comprises over 4.000 square meters of grounds, Villa Antimo provides its guests with the same peace and tranquility as the adjacent Abbey of Sant'Antimo. Bask in the splendors of the surrounding valley and stroll through the woods, olive groves, vineyards and fruit trees that the estate cul...Read more
Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR) (change)
|Dec. 17 2011 - Jan. 7 2012||-||$3,778||-||-|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: June 05, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Truly a Tuscan get-away-from-it-all...
Here it is in a nutshell...
- the road in can be a little intimating, but you'll get used to it over time.
- the villa could use brighter lighting throughout (reading can be a bit challenging and we found the kitchen not bright enough), but you'll just light more candles.
- if you have issues with stairs, you'll need to be mindful. (No main floor bedroom, and the stairs a little steep, especially to the third floor rooms.)
- the bed mattresses are firm, but very much like all the beds I slept in throughout Italy.
- there isn't a sharp knife in the place. We had a household full of foodies that love to cook, it proved challenging. ;)
- no wifi access, and cell coverage is very limited. (During our visit the land line phone wasn't working either.)
- Privacy. (You've got plenty of it as the villa is tucked into a valley a short drive in from behind the abbey, not on a hill top as we thought from the pictures on a few websites.)
- Montalcino is close by for grocery shopping (closed Sunday), and the Co-op's food prices are exceptional.
- the location is perfect for day trips to surrounding areas.
- the pool to die for on a hot day. Loved it.
- the hostess is wonderful, friendly and we recommend the winery tour to all.
- the abbey is a short 10 min walk from the villa, making it easy to visit often.
- the villa is spacious, and well appointed.
I'd recommend the property friends and family without hesitation.
The villa was up-to-date and comfortably furnished. The kitchen was very modern and a pleasure to use. Beds very comfortable. Setting was beautiful and perfect for outside dining. We didn't use the pool as it was too cold that week, but it was well cared for with plenty of chairs for everyone.
There was only one con - which was the condition of the road in and out. Our son was able to manage, but would be a problem for me. If anyone had any sort of handicap, it was difficult to get from the villa to where you park your car and back again. As I say, this was the only problem. Otherwise, the experience was wonderful.
The owner cooked a meal for us that was as good as (or better) than any we had at the restaurants. Magnificent!
We have very pleasant memories of a wonderful week with our family.
Response from Travel As You Feel - 11/29/2010
many thanks for your words, extremely useful. Hope to assist you again in the future!