This traditional Catalan villa with swimming pool overlooking magnificent views is located in the perfect location for nature lovers, hikers and biking (situated on the edge of the stunning Sant Llorenc del Munt Natural Park), mountain climbing, horse riding enthusiasts (there are numerous stables and horse riding excursions in the area and golf (boasting one of the best and most prestigious golf courses in Catalonia).
The villa also happens to lie in Catalonia's most prestigious neighbourhood. The villa boasts a large living/dining room, 5 bedrooms, kitchen and a massive pool and garden area (3500 m). All of the benefits of a peaceful... and tranquil Catalonia mountain getaway, yet only a short drive to the bustle and culture of Barcelona and world famous Montserrat Monastary. Ideally situated halfway between Barcelona and Girona, meaning that beaches of Costa Brava are only a short drive away as well.
Services: Services available upon request for guided mountain tours, day excursions, private catering, babysitting and personal driver. Other activity requests can be accommodated via prior arrangement.
Matadepera is a small village located 25 km from Barcelona. It is located at the foot of the National Park of Sant Llorenc del Munt where the famous mountain La Mola sits with a monastery converted to restaurant at the top. The park offers everything from caves to rock climbing to the small museum located inside the monastery and the rare breed of 'Catalan Ass' which lives as a transport animal on the mountain.
The village of Matadepera gives the nice ambiance of an old, read more time gone by with small cafes and streets centred around a church. It's easy to spend an afternoon wandering the streets of the centre visiting the local shops and enjoying lunch in one of many traditional Catalan restaurants.
Boasting a local golf course in the village and situated close to the most prestigious golf course in Catalonia, Real Club de Golf El Prat.
Golf: Real Club de Golf El Prat is the most prestigious and well known course in Catalonia and is 4 km away. With 45 holes it is one of the more challenging Greg Norman designs that you can play: lots of bunkers, rolling fairways in the middle of a mature forest and very fast greens. It is open year round, has a putting and pitching green, restaurant, dressing room, ball, club and buggy rentals.
Camp de Golf de Matadepera is also close (0.5 km) for the more casual golfer. The Club has all the services as Golf El Prat and provides classes/lessons for all levels and is surrounded by stunning scenery of the Sant Llorenc de Munt National Park.
Ski: Masella ski resort is located in La Cerdanya, a tourist area in the middle of the Pyrenees. In Masella, skiers will be surprised by fantastic and impressive landscapes. Masella has up to 54 main trails and 19 variations that represent 65 skiable km, with well over 800 m of vertical. 80% of the ski slopes are in the middle of the forest, which guarantees the quality and quantity of snow and trees are also a perfect protection against storms. The other 20% of the trails are located at the top of the mountain, with splendid views of the wonderful valley of La Cerdanya.
La Molina is well-situated, surrounded by mountains of more than 2500 m. La Molina is the nearest ski resort to the main cities of Catalunya and large parts of Spain. It is readily accessible by car, bus, or train. After nearly one hundred years of operation, La Molina has the experience to maintain its position as one of the premier ski resorts of Spain offering the newest technology and services.
Department of tourism registration number: 2014 license in process.
Additional amenities include: games, dining and livingroom, tennis, mountain biking excursions, barcelona interior, double bed, shuttle, fans, 6 single beds, pantry items, beach, stove/oven, on call emergency maintenance service, 35 km to barcelona, culinary tourism, 35 km to the beach, high chair, airport transfer, nice furniture, wide 6 m x large 12 m, catering, wine tours, departure cleaning, mountain climbing, bike rental, babysitting, cultural tourism, kettle, thermal baths, taxi service, hair dryer, car rental, costa del maresme, historical sites, daily housekeeping, parasol, biking, massage, no smoking inside, iron/board, suitable for children, golf, car necessary, hiking, natural parks, baby cot, sunbeds, cooking utensils, toys, swimming pool cleaning, bed linens & towels set, coffeemaker.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.