Hi and thank you for your interest in our property!
This is a fully furnished first floor apartment in a large, old New Orleans home that my husband and I live in (two stories above). This is the place for you if you want a crisp, clean, and safe place you'll love to call home for your short stay. Everything is brand new from wall to ceiling. The house is safely located on S. Carrollton Ave within five minutes of Tulane Univ, Loyola Univ, and most Uptown neighborhoods and restaurants. Just minutes away from the interstate, you can get anywhere you want to be downtown in a hurry as well. It is approximately 10 minutes from Bourbon St. a...nd within walking distance to the streetcar line which will get you anywhere for $1.25, plus give you a great scenic view of Uptown New Orleans along the way.
This property has everything you need to feel as though you're living a spoiled life:
1) Accommodates up to 5 people with queen bed, double sofa/sleeper and single sofa sleeper (more details below
2) Huge Bathroom - jacuzzi tub with waterfall faucet and hand shower along with a separate shower with double shower heads, granite counter bathroom with make-up space vanity and porcelain tile floors
3) Flatscreen swivel mounted HD TV/DVD Player in bedroom
4) Granite kitchen countertops with all stainless steel appliances
5) Decked out with all the kitchen items you could need
6) Huge 42" 3D Flat-screen swivel-mounted TV with Full HD Cable with HBO and 10 pairs of 3D glasses
7) LG Washer and Dryer Combo All-In-One Unit (put clothes in, go out on the town, then take them out and they're washed and dried)
8) Top-of-the-line remote controlled central air and heat
9) Wireless internet
10) Surround sound audio throughout the home in every room with wall volume controls and iPod/ iPhone/ Bluetooth hookups
11) Off street parking
12) Within walking distance to Robert's Fresh Market, Walgreens, Ye Olde College Inn Restaurant, and Rock N Bowl Bar and Dance Hall
13) Remote-controlled security system (as an unnecessary bonus precaution) with every window and door monitored plus a motion detector
14) Fully furnished with brand new furniture and sleeping arrangements in three distinct spaces: 1) Bedroom has a queen bed (as seen in picture) 2) Living room has a couch that converts to a full sized bed (sleeps two very comfortably) 3) Office space when you walk in has a smaller sofa/sleeper that comfortably sleeps 1 but could potentially sleep two snugglers
15) Much, much, more.
You must stay here if you want to live comfortably with all the amenities you could imagine during your NOLA stay. Ideal location and space for any individual or small group who want to be close to the action but still have a quiet place to lay their heads at night. You can come and go as you please, as the apartment has a totally separate entrance. The one drawback is that it is a ground floor apartment, so it has a less than ideal ceiling height.
Because of the quality of this space, a $150 deposit is required to secure the unit. Your deposit will be refunded once your stay is complete, assuming there is no damage or theft of property. We are open to conversations about pets and shorter stays than 3 days, so feel free to email and inquire.
If you like the place, please reach out to us! We'll get back to you as soon as possible. We are listing the place in some other spots, so please know the calendar may be booked for certain dates that are not current on this calendar. Until we receive your deposit, we do not guarantee the place is yours.
The price reflects our normal weekday rate, though weekend and holiday/festival/special event time are higher but everything is negotiable depending on length of stay.
We would like to briefly note that we understand the potential for some apprehension around renting from a private citizen. We are very involved in the community, and my husband is an elementary school principal who, much as a result of his position, believes that integrity in all areas of life is paramount as he sets an example for his staff and students. We want you to be aware that there are unfortunately people in this wonderful city that have run property rental scams, so no matter what property you choose to rent, please go through a reputable site such as this. We are happy to speak with you on the phone and are open to showing the property to friends or family that may be in town prior to your visit. To talk or schedule a time for someone to come by, please call me at (425) 466-0437 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We LOVE our neighborhood. There is a lot of fun stuff within walking distance, and it is perfectly located in a safe area but close enough to all the action. Interstate 10 is approximately 3 minutes away, so you can get to the Superdome, Franch Quarter, Harrah's, and everything else downtown in no time flat. By car it takes from 5-7 minutes get to these spots. The property is also within walking to distance to the streetcar lines, so for $1.25 you can enjoy the scenic route through historic New Orleans to get where you want to go!
Location Type City
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: March 16, 2014◀▶
Left on 09/04/2013 for a stay in August 2013 | Ann & Edd
We (2 parents and 1 college freshman) stayed in this apartment the third week of august whilst dropping the freshman off at Loyola no. We all enjoyed the very comfortable, well-appointed space - especially with the kitchen, it really was like being in our own place. Generous supply of inexpensive-but-decent wine is a nice touch! We had a rental car and the off-street parking space was nice to have too. Mark and Tiffany are delightful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. We have already booked another stay in October.
Left on 07/10/2013 for a stay in February 2013 | L. Lee
The apartment was Excellent! Looks just like the pictures, even better. Close to everything. Cute and cozy. Homeowners were very nice and helpful. I would surely stay again and recommend to friends & family.
We stayed from 6/7 to 6/12 and it was great! The apartment was very nice and well maintained - like home away from home. Loved all the updated appliances, etc. The location was great too! It far away from Bourbon Street, but close enough to get to it by a scenic route on the bus/streetcar. Mark and Tiffany are awesome!!! If you want a cute, quiet place to stay and yet still close enough to everything...this is the place!It was such a hit that one of the guest that stayed with us was trying to book it for another time while she was there!
Left on 06/30/2013 for a stay in May 2013 | Williams family
This is a great little apartment in New Orleans! Our family of 5 really felt at home here during our week in Nola. Mark and Tiffany are very friendly and went out of their way to meet our needs! The apartment is all new just like in the pictures. Loved the double shower heads and the whirlpool in the bathroom! And two TVs came in handy with 3 kids. This place really is close to everything- we walked to the grocery store, Walgreen's and restaurants. Just down the street on Carrollton is our favorite restaurant- Cameillia's Grill! We went twice during our 6 day stay! Highly recommend this apartment and a trip to Nola!
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.