- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- sleeps 4
Description from the owner
Pond Cottage is a farm building in the manor of Horringford, once the home of Oliver Cromwell’s grandson. Converted in the spring of 2009, it is finished to a very high standard with modern comfortable furnishings and all mod cons including TVs, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge freezer, electric cooker, microwave and central heating. It sleeps four in two bedrooms (one en suite). There is a second bathroom and an open plan kitchen dining area and lounge. It has its own lawn and outside seating area with furniture and barbecue equipment.
Cotton sheets, towels and other linen are provided but guests are asked to bring their own beac...Read more
Newport, South of England, England
Additional Location Information
Situated on the edge of one of the Isle of Wight's Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Pond Cottage Horringford is set in secluded gardens with views of neighbouring Newchurch and the Downs. Centrally located the cottage makes an ideal base from which to explore the Island and enjoy its many amenities, it is within easy reach of all the Island's best resorts. Newport, the Island's 'capital', with its shops, multiplex cinema, restaurants and pubs is a ten-minute drive away. The yachting centre of Cowes is only twenty minutes away and ample storage for sails, dinghies, etc., can be provided if required. With direct access to the A23 cross Island cycle track, Horringford lies at the heart of the Island's extensive network of bridleways, cycle and footpaths, giving access to some of the most beautiful and remote parts of the Island. None of the Island's beaches is more than a short drive away.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 27, 2013 ◀▶
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP) (change)
|Dates||Nightly||Weekly||Monthly||Min Night Stay|
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
Additional notes from owner
reduced to £65 for three or more nights
The following conditions form the basis for the provision of your holiday accommodation. Please read these carefully together with our letter or email confirming your booking.
1. General The existence of these booking conditions is communicated to customers before payment for any part of the holiday is accepted to enable you to read them or have them read, faxed, e-mailed or posted to you before you commit to booking your accommodation. The conditions apply whether or not you elect to see them before you pay for your holiday. Once payment for the holiday, or of the deposit has been accepted, you have effected a contract for your accommodation. These terms and conditions are specific to Pond Cottage but are based on those applied by Isle of Wight Tourism from whom you may have received provisional details.
2. Payments If your holiday is booked less than six weeks before arrival, the full price is payable at the time of booking. If the holiday is booked more than six weeks in advance, you pay a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total price at the time of booking. Should the total value of the booking be less than the required deposit you pay the full amount at the time of booking. The balance is payable no less than six weeks prior to your holiday arrival date. If the balance has not been paid by this time the booking will be deemed cancelled (see 4, Cancellation by you).
3. Confirmation of booking We will post confirmation of your booking upon receipt of payment for the holiday or payment of the deposit, whichever appropriate. Please will you read the confirmation letter upon receipt and notify us by telephone or e-mail immediately if you do not agree with these conditions or the letter. We cannot accept such notification more than one week after the letter is posted.
4. Cancellation by you If you wish to cancel your holiday after confirmation of your booking you should notify us in writing as soon as possible. Please note that if we do not receive full payment at least six weeks before the arrival date, this constitutes cancellation by you and the cottage may be re-let without reference to you.
A cancellation fee is charged on the following scale...
Date notification received by us:
More than 42 days before arrival date
more than 15 before arrival date
14 days or less before arrival date
The amount of the deposit
70% of the full cost of the booking or, if greater, the full deposit
100% of the full cost of the booking or, if greater, the full deposit
5. Cancellations by us We reserve the right to cancel your holiday on the basis of the terms set out below:
a) Your holiday will not be cancelled by us except in the case of exceptional circumstances beyond our control.
b) Notification will be given to you of the cancellation as soon as possible. We will endeavour to find suitable alternative accommodation for you and/or to assist you in this respect and we will promptly refund to you all payments made for your holiday.
c) Our liability for cancellation will be limited to b) above. No other compensation will be paid.
6. Damage to the property We have taken great care to ensure that the property is spotless and that all equipment is in working order prior to your arrival. We ask that you leave it in the same condition upon your departure. Should the property and/or any item associated with it be damaged or broken by you the cost of repairs and/or replacement will be for your account. Payment for damaged items, etc. is to be made immediately upon presentation by us of a receipted invoice or invoices for the items concerned.
7. Insurance - We recommend that you effect travellers' protection insurance to guard against unforeseen circumstances.
8. Availability - Pond Cottage will be available to you from 15:00 on the day of arrival until 10:00 on the day of departure.
9. Sundries - Pond Cottage is a strictly no-smoking establishment. Beach towels are not provided, please bring your own.
- Central Heating
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Cable TV
- Pet friendly - Yes
- Smoking allowed - No
- Suitable for children - Yes
- Suitable for the elderly - Yes
- Wheelchair accessible - Ask