- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
Description from the owner
HELIOS Cave house is located in the heart of old Oia, one of the most beautiful and desirable spots on the island. Most importantly, its location is perfectly situated for guests to have unobstructed view of the famous sunsets in Oia from your private terrace! An additional advantage, HELIOS is ideally located just bellow the Castle, the famous sunset point of Oia, on the main pedestrian walkway leading to Ammoudi bay.
That is why 'SISTERHOOD of the traveling pants' was filmed THERE! Most of the film, especially the first part, was filmed in front of HELIOS Cave house. At the last scene you can see the facade of HELIOS as Lena ride...Read more
HELIOS or SISTERHOOD of the traveling pants!
Oia, Aegean Islands, Greece
Additional Location Information
Oia, the village of the fascinating sunsets
Oia, the traditional, most charming and well preserved of all of the Santorini villages, is located on the northern top of the island, high on a cliff-top (caldera edge) 12 km from the main town of Fira.
It is famous as the place with the most magnificent view of Santorini with a picturesque road, cliffs on one side and the sea on the other. The old ruined castle overlooking the Caldera attracts most of the visitors to enjoy the unique and idyllic sunsets.
The main square overlooks the sea and visitors are tempted with another truly fascinating viewpoint. Below is the beach of Ammoudi and across the bay are the Burnt Islands. Ammoudi, accessible by car as well, is 214 steps below, and Armeni beach is 286 steps below.
The architecture of Oia is typical Cycladic with houses dug deep into the volcanic soil and whitewashed churches with blue domes sparkling in the sunlight. Oia today also hosts a cultural center, a central art gallery and many other Greek art galleries.
Many shops sell handicrafts, souvenirs and jewelery.
It is also home to artists and writers from all around the world, who are drawn to its aura of serenity and beauty you will therefore find countless art galleries offering the creations of its inspired inhabitants.
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Warm winter getaways, Waterfront
Water sports nearby, Fishing nearby, Horse riding nearby
Car is not necessary
Last updated on May 01, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 63 other Oia rentalsCheck Availability for Oia
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
|See all dates
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
Additional notes from the owner
The rates apply to NON REFUNDABLE bookings.The rentals paid the day of booking receive the above discounted rates. In any other case the rates increase 10%-20%
cleaning included. Price exclude exchange & bank fees
suppl person: 60 e/day Apr-Oct & 50 e/day Nov-Mar
Cancellation when refundable: 21 days before arrival no charge.
0-20 days prior to arrival =100% cost of stay
Balance:21 days before arrival
Please note that the use of hot tub is at extra charge from November 1 to March 30. Guests who wish to use the hot tub must let Santorini Paradise know in advance.
The above rate includes
1) Bottled mineral and sparkling water, wine, juice, homemade sweet and homemade liqueur upon arrival.
2) Breakfast provisions:honey, butter, marmalade, wheat rusks, cereals, 3 kinds of coffee and tea, cocktail of herbs.
3) Maid service: daily (April-October), Maid service: twice a week (Nov-Mar), change sheet, bath and beach towels every three days.
4) Satellite TV, Wi-Fi and Air Conditioning.
5) You will be offered 15% discount at the Lounge Cafe Pool Bar called “Lyogerma” where you can swim for free (May – October). It is open all day long and it has the best view to the Sunset! The Cave House is 5 minutes walking distance from “Lyogerma”.
6) By showing our card, you have discounts or free deserts to many restaurants in Oia and other towns in Santorini! For exemple: You will be offered a bottle of Santorini wine or free desert with your meal at the most picturesque and tasty restaurant of Santorini "AMMOUDI restaurant" in the port of Ammoudi! Please learn more: www.ammoudi-santorini.gr
- Linens Provided
- A/C or climate control
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Towels Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
- Hair dryer
- Long term rentals allowed (over 1 month)
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Ocean or water views
- Paper Towels Provided
- Stove or Oven
- Stereo or CD player
- DVD Player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- 4 Dining chairs
- 4 Lounge chairs
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 50 square meters