- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
Situated in a beautiful quiet, unspoilt valley off the road between Martina Franca and Ostuni, this 3 bedroom detached villa is an ideal away from it all place to relax, situated within its own olive grove in the hills. It is only a 15 min drive to the coast where you can choose a range of sandy beaches and rocky coves. This villa has a large fenced 10 x 5m oval pool with depth of 1.5m situated in front of the property with a paved walkway down to it and offers free wi-fi. It is especially suited for families with children as the pool is fully fenced and a cot is available. The villa is also surrounded by 2,575sq metres of private land.
Villa Rosa - 3 bedroom villa with large pool
Ostuni, Puglia, Italy
(Property location is approximate)
Additional Location Information
The property is situated in a valley on the road between Ostuni and Martina Franca and is 6km from Ostuni in the countryside.
There are lots of things to do in this part of Apulia as follows:
- beautiful town perched on a hill 5km away with an old historic centre with very old cathedral and central plaza.
- lovely little old town with a pretty central square and a safari zoo for children (see leaflet in red file) The shops are closed on Mondays in this town.
- a beautiful historic city with an old historic centre and beautiful churches and little curiosity shops and great delicatessen. ( an hour drive) This has a market on Friday mornings. See the red folder in the house for a map showing all the attractions.
- another lovely town with a historic centre about 12km away (15-20 mins) with lots of little boutiques. This has a very famous music festival in July and early August.
- a coastal town with a beautiful harbour (just over an hour drive away)
- this is quite a touristy seaside town but has a lovely old centre and great walk along the harbour walls with lots of sea view restaurants.
- this is an unspoilt little walled, historic town right on the coast with a lovely little sandy beach, high castle walls and a reasonably priced fish restaurant overlooking the coast just south of the town. Just head up the A379 in direction of Bari and you will come to it.
Polignano a Mare
- another lovely little unspoilt walled town right on the coast.
Other Places of Interest
Castel del Monte
This is a Swabian castle listed by UNESCO and built in 13th century with good views and is situated near Bari. It has been restored and you can visit the inside.
These are the ancient roman ruins of the town dating back to the 6th century which are situated on the coast, south of Monopoli.
Trulli villages of Alberobello & Locorotondo
These villages are a bit touristy but you will be able to see over a thousand trullo, cone shaped houses and a trullo church, all in one place. Head west from Ostuni and they are about a 20-25 min drive away.
Parco Nazionale dei Gargano
If you feel like a long drive and some beautiful scenery then I would recommend this area which is about a 2-3 hr drive north from Ostuni. It is full of pine covered slopes and sandy coves. It is directly north of Bari and the best beach area is the little fishing port of Peschici on its north coast.
This town was the setting for the film called The Passion. It is in the province of Basilicata and has dramatic scenery and spectacular homes called sassi built into the sides of the ravine and is recommended for a visit. It is directly inland from Bari and takes about 1.5 - 2 hours to drive there via Alberobello or via Martina Franca and Massafra.
Caves of Castellana Grotte
These caves are meant to be spectacular and worth a visit.
Cassano d. Murge
This is little town directly inland from Bari which has a festa for the first 3 days of August each year which has been recommended. You can see the parade of the saints and it is meant to be a lot of fun.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Rural retreats
Last updated on June 02, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 38 other Ostuni rentalsCheck Availability for Ostuni
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Cleaning fee | $99 per stay
- Refundable security deposit payable in sterling | $412 per stay | This can also be paid in euros (300)
- Damage deposit | $412
Additional notes from the owner
Please note that all villa rental payments can be made in euros aswell as sterling and the exchange rate will be calculated at the time of your booking.
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Local Guides/Maps
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Stove or Oven
- Satellite or cable TV
- Stereo or CD player
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - yes
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 85 square meters