Inquire for rates
- 17 bedrooms
- 17 bathrooms
- Sleeps 34
Description from the manager
This wonderful Marquesa's mansion dates from 1492 - the year Columbus reached America. 500 years later it was immaculately restored along with its outbuildings. The splendid Moorish gardens have also been rescusitated - with tall palms, sculpted hedges and exotic lilies, and a pool and tennis court for good measure. Paths lead to a belvedere, perched above lush chirimoya groves and dwarfed by the rugged peaks of the Sierra de Chaparral: as stunning and romantic a spot as you could wish for. The interiors do not disappoint: there's a splendid, vaulted drawing-room on the ground floor, and a dining room and games room too; upstairs are 11 stat...Read more
Otivar, Andalusia, Spain
Additional Location Information
The Palacete is a convenient base from which to explore the area or undertake organized sporting or cultural activities.
For sightseeing there is Granada with its dramatic Alhambra Palace (1 hour), the ski resort of Sol y Nieve in the Sierra Nevada (1 ½ hours) or the Alpujarra mountains. These are just a few of the numerous attractions that lie within an easy drive from the property.
Those interested in more active pursuits will find a huge choice of local sports, from deep sea diving on the coast to hangliding in the mountains
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Rural retreats
Last updated on November 17, 2012
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 3 other Otivar rentalsCheck Availability for Otivar
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Cleaning fee | $336 per stay
Additional notes from the manager
The rates given above are for 1-16 persons. Contact us for the rates for up to 22 and up to 34 persons.
Final day cleaning charge: €250 for the main house and €50 per cottage.
Laundry charge: €250 for the main house and €50 per cottage.
Winter fuel charge (Nov-Mar): €250 per week.
Swimming pool heating (optional):€300 per week.
- Catering (by arrangement)
- Staff available (by arrangement)
- Tennis Court
- 30 ft Spring-fed Swimming Pool (heating optional for winter use)
- Games room with pool table,
- Private Chapel
- Elegant and historic buildings with superb Moorish gardens
- High-speed internet, telephone and fax
- Magnificent unspoilt views of the hillside and valley
- Less than 2 hours' drive from Malaga, which has excellent air co
- Spacious country style kitchen with twin ovens, fridges, freezer
- Magnificent vaulted drawing room with large stone fireplace
- Olive Mill seating 100 for larger indoor functions
- Electronically controlled entrance - guaranteeing privacy at all
- Exclusive, tranquil position at the head of the Valle Tropical a
- TV room with satellite TV, DVD system and VHS
- Timber panelled dining room with seating for up to 24 persons
- Weekly linen change during long stays
- Cot available on request
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - ask
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - ask