|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
|Living space||2200 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyNo
|Theme||Golf, Historic, Beach, Ocean, Town|
Description from the manager
This spacious 3-story home has been completely remodeled with attention to detail and is the perfect getaway for couples, families, reunions and friends vacation together. It is located in the charming seaside community of Pacific Grove -- known as "Butterfly Town" because it is a stop in the migration of the Monarch Butterfly and also called "America's last hometown" for its small-scale, old-fashioned downtown of locally owned shops and businesses.
This charming-turn-of-the-century house is only two blocks to the heart of Pacific Grove with award-winning restaurants, cafes, bakeries, coffee houses, a movie complex, art galleries, a boo...Read more
Big Beautifully Remodeled Victorian, Views, Pet ok
Pacific Grove, California
Additional Location Information
Pacific Grove is home of the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and main entrance to 17 Mile Drive. Within the city are spectacular vistas and recreational opportunities. Surfing is ideal at Asilomar State Beach. Kayaking and scuba diving allows you to visit with playful otters. Tide pooling for the nature enthusiast is available at several beaches. A walk or bike ride along the shoreline recreation trail offers breathtaking views of paradise.
Visit the Museum of Natural History, Point Pinos Light-house, tour Asilomar State Park, or enjoy the Sunset anywhere between Lovers Point Park and Asilomar Beach. Pacific Grove is known as Butterfly Town U.S.A. since every October the Monarchs migrate to the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary where they winter until February. Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course is the top rated municipal golf in the state with over 70,000 rounds played annually. It is referred to as poor man's Pebble Beach due to its proximity and resemblance of Pebble Beach courses.
Enjoy a walking tour of downtown Pacific Grove. The town had its beginning in 1875 as a summer Methodist camp where several hundreds assembled to worship amidst rough tents. Tour brochures are available at the Chamber.
Pacific Grove's Past
The town had its beginning in 1875 as a summer Methodist camp, where several hundred people assembled to worship amidst rough tents. In time, the fragrant pines and fresh sea air brought others to the Pacific Grove Retreat to rest and meditate. The first camp meeting of the Pacific Coast branch of the Chautauqua Literary and Scientific Circle was held here in June 1879. Fashioned after the Methodist Sunday school teachersâ€™ training camp established in 1874 at Lake Chautauqua, N.Y., this location became part of a nation-wide educational/cultural network.
In November 1879, after the summer campers returned home, Robert Louis Stevenson wandered into the deserted campgrounds: â€œI have never been in any place so dreamlike. Indeed, it was not so much like a deserted town as like a scene upon the stage by daylight, and with no one on the boards.â€ â€”from The Old Pacific Capitol
By 1889, the resort was incorporated, becoming the City of Pacific Grove. The last P.G. Chautauqua was held in August 1926.
Location Type Beach, Ocean, Town
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$450 - $550||$450 - $550||$2,800 - $3,500||$10,000 - $11,000||3 nights|
|Apr. 10 2013 - May. 31 2013
|Jun. 1 2013 - Aug. 31 2013
|Sep. 1 2013 - Oct. 31 2013
|Nov. 1 2013 - Feb. 28 2014
|All Other Dates||$450||$450||$2,800||$10,000||3 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
Additional notes from owner
** SPRING - 3/1-5/31 - 13-16 GUESTS - $550/NT - $3500/WK - $11,000/MO
** SUMMER - 6/1-8/31 - 13-16 GUESTS - $600/NT - $3850/WK - N/A /MO
** FALL - 9/1-10/31 - 13-16 GUESTS - $525/NT - $3325/WK - $11,000/MO
** WINTER - 11/1-2/28 - 13-16 GUESTS - $500/NT - $3150/WK - 10,000/MO
** Holidays/Special Events: Martin Luther King, AT&T; Golf, President's Day, Sea Otter Classic, Easter, Big Sur Marathon, Memorial Day, PGA Golf, 4th of July, Moto GP Laguna Seca, Concours d'Elegance, Labor Day, Monterey Jazz Festival, Big Sur Half Marathon, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years.
** Holiday Rates: $550-$600/nt., $3500-$3850/wk. (3-5 night minimum) - 8/12-8/18 $7000/week only
** Holiday Rates are based on 1-12 guests including infants & children. Add $50 per night or $200 per week for parties of 13 to 16 for all Holidays and Special Events.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
*Please Note that the Owner does not accept any rentals less than 3 nights under any circumstances.
* The owner does not discount rates or waive fees
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests. $250 1-9 guests, $300 10-14 guests and $350 for 14-16 guests.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with the owner of the rental and paying for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog ); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price. Must sign Pet Waiver and have Purchased Damage Waiver $75.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E; gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a 3 story residence so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs.
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 03, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Perfect for our family reunion!
The house is beautiful and just a few blocks from the ocean. Coffee and a variety of restaurants are very close. The rooms are spacious with a lot of natural light. There are many special details throughout and the temperature was perfect throughout. Ten of us slept in the home and it worked out well. If you have more than a few singles, it might be cramped. The upstairs was perfect for our cousins with three young girls. Three of us slept in the 2nd floor bedrooms and a fourth used the TV room. The bedroom and bath on the first floor can be shut off with the library to create an isolated space if needed. The kitchen was wonderful for our family meals and the kids enjoyed the jacuzzi on the third floor. We had a really great stay and would recommend this home to anyone--it is even more special than the pictures indicate.
We really enjoy the house and the new shower is great. Thanks, Diane Lobach and Ladies
Fit for a family
Home was lovely. We enjoyed the large kitchen, and as usual, that seemed to be where everybody gathered. We loved the solarium with the long dining table adjacent to the kitchen, but the chairs were a bit flimsy for a family whose children are 6 feet + tall. The pool table was even more popular than I had anticipated. Was grateful to bring my old dog with me. Nice Side yard to sit out and watch her as I sipped my coffee. Glad we brought the bikes; kids made frequent trips into town, and along the bike path.
Home was well appointed, from kitchen to bathrooms, making it a truly carefree vacation for me.
San Francisco, CA
Perfect for Group Getaway!
My wedding party stayed here for 3 nights during the weekend of our wedding. The house is very spacious, comfortable and well-stocked. Everything you could possibly need, they probably have it.
The kitchen in particular was very large, which was great for cooking meals together. There are also plenty of entertainment options (pool table, TV room, a closet full of games as well as walking distance to shops and the beach). It made for a great bonding experience!
The owner and their assistants are extremely helpful and accessible. I would definitely recommend this house for a large group!
Trip to Pacific Grove
Our trip was to attend our daughter's wedding. It couldn't have been better at this house. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our family (and two dogs). Nan was wonderful as a host and we were grateful to her for her accomodations. She couldn't have been better. We will be back for sure.
Ellicott City, MD
Team Fight/Ulman Cancer Fund Big Sur Marathon 2011
Altogether we had 10 people staying at the lovely home on 410 17th St. The place was beautiful, spacious, and had a ton of charm. The online pictures don't even do it justice! We would come back again in a heartbeat and loved the area so much that we seriously considered buying a place there and never going home! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!
We had our wedding party stay here for our wedding weekend. What a wonderful house. We all felt comfortable and there was so much space to be together. The master suite (where I and my now wife stayed) is absolutely amazing. Our party commented on how comfortable the beds were. Made our wedding even more special to spend with those we love.
Response from Sanctuary Vacation Rentals - 01/04/2011
Eric, Happy New Year and thanks for taking the time to send this great
review. Wishing you a long and loving marriage. Nan, Bob, and Annee