|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
|Living space||2500 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Golf, Luxury, Romantic, Beach, Ocean, Town|
Description from the manager
**Savings apply when booking within 7 days of arrival. Holidays & Special Events Excluded**
Discover the myriad delights of the Monterey Peninsula from a brand new, 2,500-square-foot owner/architect-designed Craftsman home, centrally located in the charming seaside community of Pacific Grove. Beauty, comfort and the highest quality construction prevail in this singular 4 bedroom, three bath dwelling whose owners have spared no detail - including wraparound porch, rich wood trim, hardwood floors, multiple native-stone fireplaces and a dream kitchen -- in creating an environment that is both beautiful and livable. With its amply sized roo...Read more
Beautiful New Custom Craftsman Home, Ocean Views
Pacific Grove, California
Additional Location Information
Pacific Grove is home of the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and main entrance to 17 Mile Drive. Within the city are spectacular vistas and recreational opportunities. Surfing is ideal at Asilomar State Beach. Kayaking and scuba diving allows you to visit with playful otters. Tide pooling for the nature enthusiast is available at several beaches. A walk or bike ride along the shoreline recreation trail offers breathtaking views of paradise.
Visit the Museum of Natural History, Point Pinos Light-house, tour Asilomar State Park, or enjoy the Sunset anywhere between Lovers Point Park and Asilomar Beach. Pacific Grove is known as Butterfly Town U.S.A. since every October the Monarchs migrate to the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary where they winter until February. Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course is the top rated municipal golf in the state with over 70,000 rounds played annually. It is referred to as poor man's Pebble Beach due to its proximity and resemblance of Pebble Beach courses.
Enjoy a walking tour of downtown Pacific Grove. The town had its beginning in 1875 as a summer Methodist camp where several hundreds assembled to worship amidst rough tents. Tour brochures are available at the Chamber.
Pacific Grove's Past
The town had its beginning in 1875 as a summer Methodist camp, where several hundred people assembled to worship amidst rough tents. In time, the fragrant pines and fresh sea air brought others to the Pacific Grove Retreat to rest and meditate. The first camp meeting of the Pacific Coast branch of the Chautauqua Literary and Scientific Circle was held here in June 1879. Fashioned after the Methodist Sunday school teachersâ€™ training camp established in 1874 at Lake Chautauqua, N.Y., this location became part of a nation-wide educational/cultural network.
In November 1879, after the summer campers returned home, Robert Louis Stevenson wandered into the deserted campgrounds: â€œI have never been in any place so dreamlike. Indeed, it was not so much like a deserted town as like a scene upon the stage by daylight, and with no one on the boards.â€ â€”from The Old Pacific Capitol
By 1889, the resort was incorporated, becoming the City of Pacific Grove. The last P.G. Chautauqua was held in August 1926.
Location Type Beach, Ocean, Town
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$350 - $450||$350 - $450||$2,400 - $2,750||$8,000||3 nights|
|Mar. 1 2013 - May. 31 2013
|Jun. 1 2013 - Aug. 31 2013
|Sep. 1 2013 - Oct. 31 2013
|Nov. 1 2013 - Feb. 28 2014
|All Other Dates||$350||$350||$2,400||$8,000||3 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the manager|
Additional notes from owner
* Holidays/Special Events: Martin Luther King, AT&T; Golf, President's Day, Sea Otter Classic, Easter, Big Sur Marathon, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Concours d'Elegance, Labor Day, Monterey Jazz Festival, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years.
** Holiday Rates: $450-$500/nt., $2750-$3000/wk. (3-5 night minimums)
** Concours d'Elegance - 8/12 - 8/18 - $5000 for the week only
* Not Available for Month Long Rental 6/1 thru 8/31
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Rates are based on 2-8 guests, including children and infants. Add $50 per night or $200 per week for parties of 9-10 guests.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests, including children and infants. $200 to $275.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with the owner of the rental and paying for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E; gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a 2 story residence so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs.
* If you decide to book, please advise whether you want the beds to be set-up as kings or separated into twins.
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval unless it is a Last Minute Special.
* Last-Minute Specials!! $50 to $100 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 15, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Girl's reunion adventure
Just love this house. This is the second time we used it for our girl's reunion, our 7th year of having reunions. This place has all the comforts of home, plenty of bathrooms for 6 ladies and a great place to just hang out. Thank you Nan and Robert.
Beautiful and spacious!
We had a crew of 6 staying at this beautiful craftsman and enjoyed every minute!
The owners, Nan and Robert, were incredibly accommodating to our large numbers - they supplied us with single beds and a seemingly never-ending supply of towels and linens. They were also very attentive (in a good way!) to any minor hiccups. When the stove unexpectedly stopped working, Robert was on-site in a matter of minutes to investigate and resolve the issue.
The home is situated in a nice central location - close to downtown Monterey, 17-mile drive, and some beautiful scenic lookouts. I can't wait to return with family and friends and stay at this cozy Pacific Grove home once again!
Beautiful house in a perfect location
The house is beautiful and was the perfect size to accommodate all 8 adults and 1 baby. The location was wonderful as we were able to walk to many restaurants and are attractions. The only two drawbacks were no door on the master bathroom ( I know that is supposed to be trendy but I like a little privacy) and sheer curtains which made it very difficult to put a baby to sleep at a reasonable hour and also hard to sleep in.
Response from Sanctuary Vacation Rentals - 07/31/2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I've sent your comments to the owners so that they can enjoy your complements and take a look at addressing the two issues that you mentioned. Sounds like good recommendations for improving everyone's next visit. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with Sanctuary Vacation Rentals. Sincerely, Carole Johnson for Annee Martin (owner) www.sanctuaryvacationrentals.com
Pleasant, refined, beautiful and very cozy, but spacious.
This home is a craftsman's masterpiece with many areas for entertaining multiple groups or family members. The kitchen has everything my wife (the chef) needed to make us many gourmet meals. The kids played in the front room with the TV when we weren't walking down to the ocean or to trying out the many restaurants nearby. The ladies thoroughly enjoyed the two large claw foot soaking baths. This home is a must see and you'll love it. -Guests from Sacramento
Incredible experience, beautiful home
We stayed at this beautiful house over Veteran's Day weekend when our other plans fell through and they were incredibly welcoming and helpful. Within an hour of our first contact with them we had a (fantastic) place to stay, friendly hosts and just a great experience.
The house itself is magnificent. It has a well stocked modern kitchen and delightful fireplaces as well as the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. It is located within walking distance of downtown Pacific Grove in a quite, safe area and you can see the ocean from the balcony of the master bedroom (highly recommend sitting out there with a glass of local wine). It is about 5 minutes drive from the aquarium, 10 from Fisherman's Wharf and very close to DLI.
Overall we just feel like we cannot say enough good things about this house. We will definitely be back!
This property will exceed your expectations!
We planned an extended family vacation with small children to Pacific Grove. The house is absolutely beautiful and comfortable at the same time. The architectural detail is beautiful. Everything you need is at the house - beach towels, games, blankets for the cool nights. The kitchen is well stocked. Our beds were very comfortable. The location is convenient, but quiet.
We also found the owners to be personally vested in this property and were gracious and very accommodating.
We are very particular about hotels and rental properties and this home far exceeded our expectations. If we return to Pacific Grove for vacation, we will definitely rent this home again.
Beautiful, Comfortable Home!
We loved this house - beautiful and very comfortable! We had a group of 7 adults and 2 children under 2 and we all fit very comfortably! The kitchen is very spacious and well-stokcked, the bedrooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Very clean, lovely home! Great location too! We would highly recommend this house and hope to stay here again sometime!
Response from Sanctuary Vacation Rentals - 06/06/2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Salmon Creek, Calif.
A wonderful experience in the sweet town of Pacific Grove
My family and I(12 of us total) came to Pacific Grove for a family memorial. We had a baby and two children as well as adults and there was plenty of room for us all. The house was so well built with attention to detail. Very beautiful and close to all we needed. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner and he was welcoming to us all. The house was perfect for us. We were close to all we needed for the week end, enjoyed the upstairs deck and view of the town and ocean.
Perfect for a wedding party!
Taos, New Mexico
Date of Stay June 10-14, 2010
I was looking for somewhere to stay with my family from England who had come over for my daughter's wedding in Monterey. This house was the perfect venue, spacious, inviting, cozy and extremely comfortable. Weather was fantastic. The seals and otters only added to this wonderful vacation/celebration. We shall certainly recommend it!
This home is truly a masterpiece!
The amazing quality, detail, and craftsmanship are impressive throughout. We really felt at home in this house. Everything we needed was here except for some groceries and more bottles of wine. Thanks for the 1st bottle! The beds were so comfortable, and the location was perfect. This home gave us many ideas for the home we plan on building. Thanks