• Accessed separately through a traditional “cancello”, or gate, this charming apartment sits atop a traditional family villa
• 12 steps descend from the cancello to a large private terrace perched over the Mediterranean coastline with 180 degree unobstructed views of the Amalfi coastline.
• Approx. 40 m2 composed of 3 adjoining areas, combining living, sleeping and kitchen on one floor, with 2 sets of French doors opening on to a spacious terrace of approx. 50 m2.
• Queen size bed + sofa bed
• From the sleeping area a narrow archway leads to a full bathroom with bidet and bathtub.
• Well-equipped kitchen containing basic cooking supplies, fridge with freezer, gas cooktop, electric oven, double sink. Adjoining dining area.
• The terrace, with its commanding views of the Mediterranean, has outdoor seating, hammock, and is suitable for outdoor dining.
From a parking area/ bus stop outside the entrance to the village of Nocelle, the property is reached approximately 250 meters through the village via steps and walkways leading to the gate of the property on the eastern edge of the village.
Parking along the road to the entrance to Nocelle is free, but limited.
NOTE: Nocelle is an authentic mountain village. All movement in and around the village is by foot, using walkways, staircases and footpaths. Time itself seems to slow down in this small part of the world free of cars.
• The apartment is situated in the village of Nocelle, on a terraced hillside, 450 meters directly above the famous San Pietro Hotel, with an awe-inspiring 180 degree unobstructed view of the sea, from Li Galli (the enfabled islands of the Sirens) on the north, to the village of Praiano below and the coastal mountains of a vast regional park to the south as far as Salerno.
• Perched on a rocky ledge at the end of a winding road of incredible vistas, Nocelle is a centuries-old village, with two restaurants, one of which is a pizzeria, and a small grocery store. The village is surrounded by a natural park reserve, the Regional Park of the Monti Lattari, encompassing the entire Sorrento-Amalfi peninsula. Laced with enchanting pathways through small villages, the park extends from Nocelle 19 km, as far as Amalfi. It is the starting point of the world famous Sentiero degli Dei (Walk of the Gods). This apartment is situated just at the starting point of the Sentiero.
• Between Nocelle and Positano(5km) below, is the village of Montepertuso (2km), with 2 grocery stores, 1 cafe and 5 outstanding restaurants.
Nocelle is centrally located on the Amalfi Coast, enabling easy day trips to Sorrento(18.5 km), Ravello(28 km) , Pompei(36km), Capri(30 min. by ferry from Positano), Amalfi(22 km) and Paestum(90 km).
Taxi service, as well as the regular Sita bus service, is available for day trips.
5 km from Positano, via Montepertuso @ 2km.
(Regular bus service from Nocelle-stopping at Montepertuso-to Positano: 20 minutes).Read more
Village Hideaway Overlooking Amalfi Coast Positano, Campania, Italy
Additional Location Information
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: February 08, 2014◀▶
Rates shown in
(Rental listed originally in EUR)(change)
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.