|Rental type||Apartment / Condominium|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
|Living space||450 square feet|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyYes
Description from the owner
Named by CondÃ© Nast Traveler as one of the top tropical resorts in the world. This is truly the Hawaii of your dreams.
Our fabulous ground floor studio in Banana Building provides guests truly unobstructed views plus the luxury of a large grassy yard surrounded by lush tropical foliage for extra privacy. When gazing out at shimmering Hanalei Bay from your room you won't have to gaze through bannisters but rather you will have a truly unobstructed view that allows you to sit inside the condo and be mesmerized by the beauty of Kauai. Plus there are no stairs to climb! As an added convenience our studio is situated close to the...Read more
Unobstructed Hanalei Bay Ocean View studio
(Property location is approximate)
Additional Location Information
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$145 - $1,435||$145 - $1,435||$1,015||$3,045||3 nights|
|May. 1 2013 - Dec. 14 2013
|All Other Dates||$1,435||$1,435||$1,015||$3,045||3 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Outcleaning - $110 / stay - Other - pre and post clean
Additional notes from owner
Out cleaning fee is $110
Stay 14 nights/ Pay for 12
Stay 4 weeks/ Pay 3 weeks
Discounts given for arrivals within 30 days
Resort charges $5 a day resort fee and a one time $25 check in fee
Beginning April 1st resort fee is $12 p/day
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: April 28, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Loved it!! The location of this place is awesome. Waking up in the morning in room is a beautiful experience. We just love this place!
Bainbridge Island, WA
7105 Hanalei Bay Resort in april
Here are the "good" and the "not so good" highlights of our visit:
1. The view from our private lanai could not be beat. Exceptionally gorgeous and the patio furniture was very comfortable!
2. The beds were super comfy- felt like home and we all slept like babies.
3. The lower pool was right next to our room, which was great and the grills underneath the cabana supplied many our of our dinners. In addition to the grills, grilling utensils were provided and there is also an oven, stove top and sink where you can wash dishes/your hands!
4. A golf cart and driver was available 24/7 to take you anywhere in the resort and to the beach.
5. The main pool was very nice and clean.
6. Fresh towels were provided by the resort everyday...one for each family member.
Not So Good:
1. I don't remember the renter informing us about this one, as I am positive I would have remembered, but the restaurant was shut down, and not only shut down for the time we stayed at the resort, but it had been closed for over a year due to a fire.
2. The shower ran out of hot water fairly quickly.
3. Wifi was listed as an available option, but not a hint of wifi existed in our room. Our friends staying in the 7200s had to pay $10/day for wifi.
4. The room was tiny, but we expected this. What was a complete bummer was the few spaces in the room that I considered waster space, such as the empty hall with a mirror on one side, or the bathtub with two feet of unused surface, which was covered by a fake bonsai tree.
5. The channel listing on the room "cable reference sheet" was outdated.
6. Washing towels and linens are the occupant's responsibility- the resort will not do this for you, so if you're staying for a long time, just plan on washing your own stuff. Also, there were a few garbage bags for us to use, but if you need anymore, you'll have to buy your own- again, the resort isn't responsible for this.
Response from Joyce Craddock Incredible Journey Travel - 04/10/2013
I am so happy that this family of four enjoyed their stay at my hotel style room, especially great to hear are that the beds were comfy as this is important when traveling!
Internet in the rooms is available for a fee via cable connection in the main living room. As these guests were staying in the lock off unit they still could access the internet via our WIFI, if I had known that they were having trouble connecting to the internet I would have sent maintenance down to help with the problem but did not hear about it 'til now.
As for the restaurant/lounge it has been closed for four years and never was this info kept hidden from anyone as it is posted all over the internet!
The hot water heaters in ALL two bedroom condos at the Hanalei Bay Resort are a mere 50 gallons, if everyone is taking a hot shower at the same time it will only last so long...
As for the layout of the condo, the wasted space between the armoire and the wall closest to the lanai is a hallway that leads to the full one bedroom condo, when these doors are open it is a hallway, but when closed can be a perfect place to store luggage!
Being a privately owned condo ALL cleaning/washing of linens is up to each guest. Below our condo and to the right is an ice machine and right next door are coin operated laundry facilities - which I think is amazingly convenient!
Considering this hotel style room with a FANTASTIC view, as ALL guests have stated, is just $135 p/night the value cannot be beat.
If you go to the St. Regis to get an ocean view room with NO lanai expect to pay closer to $500 p/night!
Thanks so much for your comments!
James and Annie
We had an awesome time in Kauai and plan to come back to the island again. This unit was clean, quiet and had a great view. Everything you need is in the unit like a microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, a small table and chairs to eat on, ceiling fan (don't even need the a/C), dishes, utensils. Lcd TV, DVD player and a beautiful lanai with patio furniture. The wireless internet worked perfectly around the pool and grounds are constantly taken care of by the Hanalei Bay staff. I would recommend this unit to anyone. Thanks again.
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
A Perfect Place For a Vacation
John and I stayed in this Hanalei Bay Ocean View studio and had a magnificent time. The studio is about the size of a hotel room. We had a microwave and small refrigerator for our use plus iron, ironing board,,,everything we needed to eat in the room or leave looking good for an adventurous day! We fell in love with the porch right outside the glass doors you see in the picture. You step right onto the lush grass and can see an amazing view from each chair. We actually sat there every morning...sometimes until noon...for it was unbelievably peaceful and beautiful! I would recommend this as an amazing therapy for life for everyone. Thank you, Joyce, for sharing this with us! Susanne Blake
The unit was much smaller than expected. There was no place to make our coffee except the bathroom. The overhead fan/light did not work. The fan did but the light didn't. We called on 3 occasions to have the bulb replaced but to no avail. Bedding was clean but dated. I didn't like having to move the toilitries left behind by past guests to have a place to put my personal cleansers/face creams, etc. The views, on the other hand, were exceptional.
Response from Joyce Craddock Incredible Journey Travel - 06/12/2012
Regarding the fan/light not working. All guests of Hanalei Bay Resort have access to a maintenance staff via the front desk which is open from 8AM - 8PM. I would highly recommend a guest to call the owner/management company should the front desk fail to send out someone from maintenance within a timely manner. I have owned for 15 years and typically maintenance will show up within 30 minutes.
I am not sure of toiletries left behind as my house cleaner typically throws out all paraphernalia.
Linens all are within 2 years young...
This is a hotel room, so yes it is just about 400 square feet in size.
If this guest would have contacted me directly the light/fan and toiletry issue could have been resolved immediately. If only...
With Joyce's help this trip just clicked beautifully into place!
Plain and simple, Joyce did us right. The first condo we stayed at on the south end of the Island was wonderfull. Even my 18 year old son was impressed!
Then on to the magical Hanalei Bay Resort. The room was clean and cozy with nice beds! From the accomodations, car rental and thorough tips on great places to go on Kauai, we had a fantastic time.
I plan to call Joyce as soon as I decide where I am going next. She is an asset to the travel industry and I have already recomended her to many of my friends.