Apartamentos Rurales La Escanda
From $78 / night
- 8 bedrooms
- 7 bathrooms
- Sleeps 20
Description from the owner
Located in the heart of Asturias, the Cantabrian Mountains opens up to give access to the Trubia valley, where are the councils of Santo Adriano, Proaza, Quirós and Teverga, that host our La Escanda Appartments. Distributed between Proaza and Villanueva, they have been equipped to provide the most comfortable stay to the visitor who looks for enjoying the asturian history, tradition and nature. We’ve only dealt with the inside because the nature has been doing a great job over time, modeling a natural environment able to satisfy all our visitors’ needs.
In both places, we’ve tried to give them the possibility to know part of th...Read more
Apartamentos Rurales La Escanda
Proaza, Asturias, Spain
Additional Location Information
The Trubia Valley keeps nature values that grants this zone an impressive potential: landscapes, mountains, forests, rivers, flora, fauna and traditional culture representative of Cantabric Cordillera, one of the best conserved and wildest areas of Europe.
- Bear Path The Bear Path was built on the site of a former mining railway platform which crossed the Bear Valleys, that discontinued in the middle of 20th century, and later reconverted in the middle 90’s in a route for biking and walking. One of the most important points of interest is found in the Council of Santo Adriano, at Km. 5.5 where one can admire three extraordinary hosts such as the female bears Paca and Tola, and the new member of this family, Furacu.
- Las Xanas Canyon Our Villanueva appartments are the prologue of this beautiful route, a wonderful path which is one of the best choices as an initiation route for both adults and children given its great natural, landscape and learning interests. This path was carved out on the rock, in an ancient project for connecting several villages, where a number tunnels drilled into the stone were made through the mountains. The name of the canyon remembers the astur mitology fairies, called “Xanas”, who live among the rivers and fountains of this beautiful region.
- Bandujo Medieval Path This nice route runs over the ancient medieval road that connects the village of Bandujo with the road to Proaza and it was the one used by the villagers before the current road was build. In this route we can enjoy numerous waterfalls, some of them with fallings of up to 10 meters high.
Somiedo Natural Park: this is one of the last bastions where the nature deploys with absolute pureness in the whole region of Asturias. Its impressive lakes, mountains and forests were the reason why it was designed as natural Park and Reserve of the Biosphere.
The Trubia Valley is an incomparable place to practice adventure activities and sports. There are many friend business for renting bikes, and for speleology, climbing and canyning; If you want to experience an incredible days enjoying the asturian nature, take a look at this proposals offered in the following links:
- Our appartments are placed at just 35 minutes from the coast. Let yourself fascinate by the cristal clear water of Cantabric Sea and the clean sands that surround it in the beaches of Gijón, Avilés, Cudillero and Cabo Peñas.
Oviedo: at only 20 minutes by car, the majestic capital of the Principado is a must visit if you want to inmerse yourself into the beauty of its Prerromanic art and its historic quarter.
“House of the Bear”: this is the Nature Interpretation Centre where resides the Bear Foundation. This Centre intends to be the meeting and information point for all those who are interested in knowing the brown bear situation in the Cantabric Mountains. It includes a permanent collection about the Cantabric Brown Bear.
Prerromanic Church of Tuñón: this temple is located at a unique, wild and beautiful place, only at just 10 minutes distance by car. This is a building of the first medieval stage and was declared National Monument in 1931.
Medieval Tower of Proaza: this defensive tower, which was build between the Xii and XV centuries, has been declared Good of Cultural Interest as well. Its impressive militar architecture carry us to ancient ages of kings, sieges and conquests.
Teverga Collegiate: romanic church of XI century that keeps inside its walls an architecture of great beauty and centenary inhabitants: the so-called Mummies of Taverga, which belong to Abad Pedro Analso de Miranda and his parent, the Marqués of Valdecarzana..
Huerta Cave: run into the asturian mountains through the second greater cave of Asturias, of 14.5 kms. length, which opens at only a few minutes of distance from our appartments.
Teverga Prehistoric Park: this park keeps the broader sample of Paleolitic age in Spain and Europe. It was inaugurated in 2007 to bring the prehistoric art closer to the general public and with a mission of conservation. Inside it you’ll travel to another age.
Quirós Etnographic Museum: dedicated to represent the lifestyle of the asturian mountains peoples. In this Museum you can see typical buildings such as stables, drinking trough and a “madreñeiro” workshop, as well as exhibitions of agricultural and livestock tools.
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Rural retreats
Last updated on October 28, 2013
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 3 other Proaza rentalsCheck Availability for Proaza
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Local Guides/Maps
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Central heating
- Towels Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- Satellite or cable TV
- DVD Player
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - yes
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - yes