A long sweeping driveway takes you down to the Chateau gates and you are immediately hit by the impressive nature of this Chateau. With 10 bedrooms plus an additional 2 bedroom apartment if required, this Chateau is ideal for large groups.
The Chateau reception rooms are varied and glorious in their decoration and design. There are two kitchens, one newly fitted and well equipped with granite work surfaces, oven and hob, dishwasher, coffee machine etc, The second Kitchen has the original arched stone ceiling and has a table, additional dishwasher, fridge, coffee machine etc. From the second Kitchen you enter the Dini...ng Room with ornate wooden ceiling, large stone fireplace. The Dining Table can seat up to 20.
The Living Room is spacious and has comfortable seating including 2 large sofas and 2 armchairs as well as additional more formal chairs. The Television/Media room is known as the Rococco Room. There is UK television in this room, seating and comfy beanbags. There is a large downstairs Bathroom between the Rococco Room and the Games Room which is ideal for Wedding Parties. The Games Room has a billiards table , babyfoot, a card table
and a library with books and games. An ideal place to escape the heat of the midday sun!! The Chateau also has a large Chai which provides a great indoor space for Wedding Parties. There is also a Games Barn with table-tennis, badminton set, boules, bikes and darts.
All 10 of the bedrooms are on the first floor. To the right, at the top of the stairs is a suite containing Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2 and a shared en-suite bathroom. Off the Main landing, you will find 6 further bedrooms and an additional 4 bath or shower-rooms.
* Master Suite -
It comprises of a Bedroom 1 and Bedroom 2 which both have en-suite bathrooms. Bedroom 1 has a large four poster bed and beautiful wood panelling. The views is spectacular over the lake and gardens. Bedroom 2 is more simple and has a double bed..
* Bedroom 3 is known as the “Grooms Room” and has a large 4 poster bed and a very manly feel with animal skins and dark wood furniture. The room is flooed with light and the two large windows overlook the valley and lake.
* Bedroom 4 is known as the “Bridal Suite” with another large 4 poster bed, silk curtains, and sumptuous sofa. Similar to the “Grooms Room” there are 2 large windows overlooking the valley and gardens.
* Bedroom 4 has a beautiful en-suite bathroom with roll top bath, WC and basin.
* At the end of the landing, there is a large family Shower-room which has recently been renovated.
* Bedroom 5 is on the other side of the landing and is a Twin Room. This room can connect with Bedroom 6 which has a King-size bed. Both overlook the Chateau entrance.
* A second Family shower-room is next to these rooms.
* Bedroom 7 has a double 4 poster bed and northerly views over the Chateau’s vineyard.
* Bedroom 8 has another double 4 poster bed and again has views over the Chateau’s vineyard.
* Bedroom 9 has a bunk bed and has access to the adjoining Bedroom 10. This rooms is only suitable for children.
* Bedroom 10 has a double 4 poster bed and as mentioned connects with Bedroom 9
* There is a third Family Shower-room close to these bedrooms.
(In addition it is possible to hire the 2 bedroom apartment set within the Chateau courtyard. The apartment is more simply decorated and is ideal as overflow accommodation or for a Nanny/Au-pair or Chef. This apartment is never let separately so you can be assured of exclusive use of the Chateau and the Chateau grounds.)
Chateau is ideal for holidays throughout the year as situated in south Lot-et-Garonne and on the borders of Gascony. The area has become known as the “Tuscany of France”
with mild winters and long and hot summer. For the summer months, the Chateau is geared towards outside living with a great terrace which overlooks the Valley. Here there are Dining Tables that will seat up to 20. This is a favourite place for the resident peacocks!
From the terrace, there are steps down to the Swimming Pool, lake and gardens. The pool
is large at 20m x 6m and it has a covered terrace, pool changing and shower-room. There is also a BBQ area and fridge. Past the pool is the Lake and then the Tennis Court.
For the Winter months, there are roaring open log fires in majestic stone fireplaces and central heating.
The Chateau has one of the biggest estates in the area and there are hectares of land with plenty of variety for everyone - large terraces to enjoy the sunsets on, open lawned areas for ball games and woodland walks for the more energetic, if they can tear themselves away from the pool area. The Chateau has its own vines and makes its own wine. A tasting can be arranged by the Chateau staff.Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.