Hacienda El Yunque, in the El Yunque Rainforest
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
|Living space||2100 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyNo
|Theme||Adventure, Golf, Away from it all, Mountain|
Description from the owner
Come and enjoy an unforgettable experience of staying in the natural wonders of a rain forest. Hacienda El Yunque is a private property that offers a family atmosphere surrounded by natural beauty. Two vacation homes are fully furnished and equipped. You will just need your clothes and some groceries. When you stay in our hacienda you have quick access to a host of amenities for the enjoyment of all. On the first level of Hacienda El Yunque I you will find an open kitchen, a dining room for nine, and a spacious living area; all with a view of El Toro peak. Also located on the first level is a laundry area with washer and dryer, an open shower...Read more
Hacienda El Yunque, in the El Yunque Rainforest
Rio Grande, El Yunque National Forest, Puerto Rico
Additional Location Information
Location Type Away from it all, Mountain
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
Stay 5 nights, get nights free See Details »
|Rate Summary||$239 - $259||$239 - $259||$0||$0||3 nights|
|Mar. 21 2013 - Mar. 30 2013
|May. 26 2013 - Jun. 1 2013
|Jun. 30 2013 - Jul. 7 2013
|Sep. 1 2013 - Sep. 7 2013
|Nov. 24 2013 - Nov. 30 2013
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
|Dec. 22 2013 - Jan. 4 2014
|All Other Dates||$239||$239||-||-||3 nights|
|View all 7 Rate Periods|
- Tax - 7% of rental - Tax
- Down Payment - $239 / stay - Other - Regular Season
- Down Payment - $259 / stay - Other - Holiday Season
Additional notes from owner
A non refundable down payment equal to one night's stay and a security deposit are required to hold reservations.
Regular Season Rates Do Not Include Any Holiday Weeks. See Holiday Season Schedules and Rates
For information on Hacienda El Yunque II visit us at www.haciendaelyunque.com
For more information on Rates and to Book your Reservation visit us at http://www.haciendaelyunque.com/RatesandAvailability
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 16, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Vacationers from Oklahoma
"In the Jungle Mighty Jungle..."
We, a family of 3, spent a week in June 2012 in the wonderful setting away from major big hotel in a peaceful, quiet and very safe environment.
Well, besides of the sounds of the El Yunque Rainforest at night, but this was the charming part of the location.
We picked this location because of this.
If you love nature... this is the place to be in Puerto Rico.
As described in the webpage and other ads in various websites the description matches what you get and we were pleased finding the place as described.
The owners were helpful and responsive to all of our questions we had prior to arrival.
"A great stay!"
We really enjoyed our stay at this property. We found everything as expected and Joey was there to show us around and answer any questions. The owners even called after the first day to make sure we were happy. The bedrooms were clean and with the fans and air conditioners we were very comfortable sleeping. The baths were also clean and the closets were well stocked with towels and supplies. We enjoyed the outdoor shower and the view (although I recommmend that if you want to shower at night you check for frogs first!). The views were awesome and we really enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings listening to the night sounds. You will need a car to get to the store and the road is a bit of a challenge but the local grocery store has everything you will need during your stay and the drive to the El Yunque was fairly short. We would recommend this property to others and I would not hesistate to return to this property for another visit in the future!
We stayed three days and four nights and throughly enjoyed our stay. The views from the deck are wonderful and the grounds are beautiful. There were 5 adults and we had plenty of room in this spacious house. Cecil is a wonderful host and made us feel right at home. It was great to come home to after hiking in the rain forest. We would definitely stay here again.
Lovely home at the edge of the rainforest
We stayed in the Hacienda El Yunque vacation home for five nights in mid-March. We loved it. The home has a lot of character, plenty of space, with three bedrooms (a nice master bedroom with a king-size bed and two smaller bedrooms) and ample room to hang out on the two floors. There's an awesome outdoor shower with a nice view down the slopes (if you open the curtain). The home is at the edge of the rainforest, quite far away from other houses and behind two security gates, and we enjoyed wonderfully soothing night sounds with gentle rain, bird calls, and the coqui frogs calling with their distinctive call.
Some things to note:
- it may be sunny and warm/hot down at the coast but once you're up in the rainforest mountains, it can be a bit cooler and it will definitely rain (at the visitor center, they said that there are something like 1650 rain showers per year);
- the home is a good 15 minute drive up a twisting and narrow mountain road, a drive we quickly got used to;
- the beach in Luqillo is about 30 minutes away;
- with no traffic, San Juan is about 45 minutes away;
- at various times of the day and on the weekends, there is a lot of traffic on the main road;
- the touristy way into the rainforest, with visitor center and forest trails, is not on the road to the home, one has to go down the mountain to the main highway and then back up another road;
- there is an OK supermarket (Ralph's) at the bottom of the mountain and another one (Amigo's) on the way to Luqillo;
- there is a fruit stand some 10 minutes on the main road east towards Luqillo, buy fruit there rather than at the supermarket;
- the owners, Barbara and Cecil (and their caretaker Joey), are available (not in the same home) if help is needed, but you get complete privacy;
- internet access at the home is a bit iffy, no wireless, we used wifi tethering via my iPhone instead;
- it is damp in the rainforest and some of that seeps into the house (including damp smells in various places); I suppose that's inevitable;
- there are plenty of towels, including bath towels, but no beach towels or beach blankets;
- some things one should definitely do:
- night-time kayak tour through the biobay off Fajardo
- daytime tour of
- a visit to Old San Juan
- a daytrip to Culebra (famous Playa Flamenco beach and awesome snorkeling)
All in all, we had a fabulous time during our visit to Puerto Rico and will definitely choose Hacienda El Yunque again when we return to the island.
Stay 5 nights, get nights free
Stay 5 Nights & Get 2 Additional Nights Free
Mention the Special Offer listed on FlipKey or TripAdvisor to get two additional nights free when you reserve 5 nights at Hacienda El Yunque. Can make reservation for anytime this year. Book your reservations today!