- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
Description from the owner
Ocean View is an idyllic 17th Century retreat in the heart of the old village, just seconds from the beach, with stunning sea views.
Ideal for couples looking for a romantic break in the heart of Robin Hood's Bay at any time of the year. A perfect setting for walks on the beach, visits to the local hostelries - or staying in and cooking a meal to eat by the open fire...
N.B. Some people have left reviews on here relating to The Locker, which is NOT this property but another I let. Please see the reviews that don't mention 'The Locker', Thanks.
The whole of this 'yellow house', Ocean View, is currently FOR SALE (see Rightmo...Read more
Ocean View - near beach with stunning sea views!
Robin Hood's Bay, North Yorkshire, England
Additional Location Information
• Ocean View is ideal for couples. If you want an extra en-suite double bedroom, then you can also book the adjacent 'Locker'!
• Free BT wifi - as a 'country service' it is best suited for emails, Facebook and web searches
• Ocean View was our family home for 22 years until 2006 and has been beautifully and tastefully restored to be warm and welcoming, with double glazing and full gas central heating
• Coal fire - coal provided
• All bed linen is provided. Just bring towels
• Small charcoal barbecue on the terrace - there is usually a supply of charcoal to get you started, which we ask you to replace for the next visitor
• Available all year
• Short breaks and long weekends
• For parking - see 'Contact & Directions'
• Gift vouchers available
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Rural retreats, Waterfront
Fishing nearby, Horse riding nearby, Golf course within 30 minute drive
Car is recommended
Last updated on September 12, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 20 other Robin Hood's Bay rentalsCheck Availability for Robin Hood's Bay
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP)
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
Additional notes from the owner
The rates listed are just some examples. Email me or see my website (website: hidden) for full information.
1. Ocean View payments - A deposit of approximately 33% will be taken to confirm your booking. The balance to be paid no later than 6 weeks before the first day of your booking. Bookings taken within 6 weeks of the start of the holiday must be paid for in full at the time of the booking. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the deposit will be forfeited.
2. The Locker payments – A deposit of up to 50% will be taken to confirm your booking. The balance to be paid on arrival at The Locker.
3. Holding a Booking – Telephone and email bookings will be held for up to 7 days. If the deposit has not been received after 7 days, then the booking will be released.
4. Cancellation by you - You are strongly advised to take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance. If you have to cancel your booking you must telephone or email the Owner immediately. If we are able to re-let the property, the balance will be refunded to you but you will forfeit your deposit. If we are unable to re-let, you will lose all monies paid by you at the time of cancellation.
5. Cancellation by the Owner - Very occasionally, extenuating circumstances or forces beyond our control will render the property unfit or unavailable for letting at the time of your booking. If this occurs, the Owner has the right to cancel your booking, however they will endeavour to find alternative accommodation for you where possible. If alternative accommodation cannot be found, or if you refuse it on reasonable grounds, the Owner will refund all your payment. No further liability will be accepted.
6. Care of the Property and contents - Please kindly leave the property, furniture and equipment in the same condition as you found it.
You are liable to the Owner for any damage incurred to the property and / or its contents by you or any member of your party during your stay. Please report any damage or breakages to the Owner as soon as they occur.
7. Faults – Faults do occur from time to time. Please report them immediately. We reserve the right to admit tradespeople into the property (with notice) for any necessary repairs and maintenance or for emergencies (without notice).
8. Key - Please contact the Owner during the week before the booking to get the key information.
9. Access and Leaving Times – The properties are available from 1500 hrs and guests requested to vacate by 1000 hrs prompt on the departure day.
10. What’s included – All electricity, gas and bed linen. Coal is included at Ocean View. Towels are included in The Locker. Please bring towels at Ocean View.
11. Smoking - is not permitted in the property.
12. Pets - are not permitted in the property.
13. Personal Injury etc – The Owner cannot accept liability for loss or damage to Guests’ property brought onto the premises (i.e. property and garden/terrace) or for any personal injury sustained by any Guest or member of their party whilst on the premises.
14. Termination of Booking - The Owner has the right to terminate the booking if these Terms and Conditions are ignored to the detriment of the property, the Owner, their employees or to neighbours of the property.
15. Accuracy - All information and statements are made in good faith and we cannot guarantee or be held responsible for its accuracy. All information is correct at the time of going to press.
16. If you are unhappy with anything during your stay, please ring the number you will be given before your booking. We cannot put things right for you unless we know about them, Thank you.
- Short breaks allowed (1-4 days)
- Hair dryer
- Central heating
- Linens Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Ocean or water views
- Stove or Oven
- DVD Player
- Stereo or CD player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- 4 Dining chairs
- 4 Lounge chairs
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - no
- Suitable for the elderly - no
- Wheelchair accessible - no