The Best Summer Spot Ever! Filling Up Fast
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- sleeps 14
Description from the owner
This cozy cottage with fenced lake-side lawn is located on the “Gold Coast” of Bostwick Lake. This private, all-sports, 217 acre lake is located just 5.5 miles from the picturesque town of Rockford (popu-lation 5,000) and only 20 minutes away from metro Grand Rapids.
One of Michigan’s cleanest lakes, fishermen and ladies will find a variety of fish including trout, crappie, blue gill, perch, bass and pike. Whether you’re fly fishing, spinning or bait casting your chances of getting a bite here are good.
Our cottage is a Bostwick Lake Improvement Association member so you’re welcome to bring your boat or Jet Ski and u...Read more
The Best Summer Spot Ever! Filling Up Fast
Additional Location Information
This is a well established long time lake community with lots of year round residents. Our neighborhood is safe and on the quiet side with lots of kids and grandkids showing up for weekend merriment.
After you settle in stroll across the lawn and have a seat on the seawall while you sip your morning coffee. While contemplating the clarity of Bostwick Lake water don't be surprised to see dinner swimming by! Thursday night is "FISHING NIGHT". A "Slow, No Wake Speed" goes into effect at 7pm for the entire lake.
Big fat night crawlers can be purchased at the TOPP STOP. It's a very pleasant walk from the cottage to the corner of Belding Road and Ramsdell Drive. You'll find a nice medium sized party store with convenient groceries, bait, licenses, lotto, coffee etc. Their service is friendly and they quite often have some of the lowest gas prices.
On the way there you'll pass by the OLD BOSTWICK LAKE CEMETERY on the corner of Ramsdell Drive and Goldenrod Drive behind the old Bostwick Lake Congregational Church. This is an old
pioneer cemetery dating back to the early 1800’s. It’s full of whispering pine trees on a hilly terrain. At dusk when the fireflies come out it’s the very best place to take the kids and read ghost stories by flash-light. Especially when an uncle wearing a white sheet pops up from behind a headstone!
For full scale grocery shopping check out D&W; Fresh Foods at 201 Marcell Drive NE in Rockford just 5.5 miles away.
In the mood for dinner out? Here are our personal favorites:
• BOSTWICK BAKERY & COFFEE SHOP ~ 8570 Belding Road NE (616) 874- 9065 ~ Best and biggest doughnuts in Kent County. Friendly staff.
* BOSTWICK LAKE INN ~ 8521 Belding Rd NE ~ (616) 874-7290 ~ Established in 1910, Bostwick Lake Inn has that feel of the old summer place on the lake. Whether you crave a burger or nice salmon fillet, they've got you covered! Stop by and enjoy live music in season or pull up rocking chairs on our lawn
• ARENA’S PIZZA ~ 8841 Belding Road NE at Ramsdell (616) 874-5270 ~ Best bang for your buck and so close to the cottage.
• HONEY CREEK INN ~ 8025 Cannonsburg Road NE, Cannonsburg (616) 874-7849 ~ Cozy cottage like atmosphere. Great place for some pints and grub with friends and family. Interesting beers on tap and quite a good kitchen to boot!
• CORNER BAR INC. ~ 31 N Main St, Rockford (616) 866-9866 ~ Hall of fame hot dogs, chili dogs and the tastiest onion rings.
• CUSTARD BY THE DAM ~ 25 Squire Street, Rockford (616) 863-6222 ~ If you’re a frozen custard fan, this is the place.
• SCORE RESTAURANT & SPORTS BAR ~ 5301 Northland Drive NE, Grand Rapids Charter Township (616) 301-0600 ~ Beach volleyball, lakefront dining under the palm trees. Live entertainment 7 days a week all summer long. A great place to go with little kids. There’s so much to do and they have a lot of fun.
• BLUE WATER GRILL ~ 5180 Northland Drive NE, Grand Rapids Charter Township (616) 363-5900 ~ We would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting a nice date out away from the kiddos. A little pricey but well worth it. Back in the 1950’s, when we were little kids, this was nothing but a huge quarry pit. Now with its unique Frank Lloyd Wright inspired architecture, it has one of the best water views around.
And a list of our very favorite nearby attractions;
• FISH LADDER SCULPTURE ~ 560 Front Ave. NW, Grand Rapids ~ Built along the Grand River in 1974 by artist Joseph Kinnebrew, the Fish Ladder was created to aid spawning fish in their struggle to swim upstream.
• FREDERIK MEIJER GARDENS & SCULPTURE PARK ~1000 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids (616) 975-3146 ~ This 132-acre attraction features the most comprehensive outdoor sculpture collection in the Midwest, indoor and outdoor gardens, largest tropical conservatory in the state, nature trails, guided tram and 5 acre Children’s Garden. Admission charged.
• GERALD R. FORD PRESIDENTIAL MUSEUM ~ 303 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids (616) 254-0400 ~ Experience America's most entertaining presidential museum. Attend a White House State Dinner, step inside the Oval Office and see the original Watergate burglar tools. Also, Smithsonian-caliber changing exhibitions.
• GRAND RAPIDS PUBLIC MUSEUM ~ 272 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids (616) 456-3977 ~ This museum offers world-class exhibits on history, nature, cultural heritage and more. Ride a 1928 carousel, catch a show in the planetarium or eat in the cafe overlooking the Grand River. General Admission charged.
• JOHN BALL ZOOLOGICAL GARDEN ~ 1300 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids (616) 336-4301 ~ Over 2,000 animals and more animal touching exhibits than any other zoo in Michigan; stingrays & sharks, 2 petting corrals, wallabies, camels and budgies. Chimpanzees, lions, grizzly bear, otters, snow leopards, Komodo dragon and many large and small primates. Indoor and outdoor viewing. Full concessions and gift shop. Featuring 300-foot ZIPline, 4-story Ropes Adventure Course, Swan Boats.
• LA GRANDE VITESSE ~ Calder Plaza, Ottawa Ave. between Michigan and Lyon NW, Grand Rapids ~ La Grande Vitesse means the great swiftness, or the grand rapids. Internationally known sculptor, Alexander Calder, designed this piece specifically for this site. It was installed in 1969.
• SANDY BOTTOM BERRIES ~ 11555 Sandy Bottom Road NE, Rockford (616) 225-9376 ~ This is a small, family run, you pick berry farm. Every aspect of their farm is managed, maintained and created with you in mind. They welcome families with children of all ages (there is no age limit to pick, but they ask that children be supervised at all times for everyone’s safety). They have picnic tables available if you’d like to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the country atmosphere.
Location Type Lake, Village, Waterfront
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: February 24, 2014 ◀▶
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Dates||Nightly||Weekly||Monthly||Min Night Stay|
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $600
Additional notes from owner
Pets are welcome for an additional charge of $150.00. ~ We supply a discreet kitty litter box and plenty of litter.
A deposit of 50% of the total rental fee is due at the time your reservation is made. The remaining 50% plus cleaning fee and damage deposit is due two full weeks prior to the first day of the reservation. There will be no proration of the fee should you arrive later or leave earlier than the times listed below. Payments for our cottage rental are nonrefundable. You can easily pay online using a credit card or eCheck to secure your dates immediately. Payment may also be made by personal check or cashiers check.
At the time the reservation is placed, you will be required to provide the following information: current address and phone number(s), current driver’s license number or legal identification card number. Prior to occupancy of the cottage, you will be required to present your driver’s license or identification card.
Check in on SUNDAY 4:00pm ~ Check out on SUNDAY 11:00am ~ Please note ~ our summer rental week runs from SUNDAY TO SUNDAY ~ NO EXCEPTIONS PLEASE ~ Thank you for your understanding.
OTHER RATES AVAILABLE:
Still In Season, only during the month of September:
Weekend Getaway Rate ~ Friday check in at 4:00pm to Sunday check out at 11:00am Sunday ~ $525.00
Long Weekend Getaway Rate ~ Thursday check in at 4:00pm to Sunday check out at 11:00am ~ $690.00
Off Season Weekly Rate ~ September 29th to May 11th, 2014 ~ $750.00
Off Season Weekend Getaway ~ Friday check in at 4:00pm and Sunday check out at 11:00am ~ $325.00
Off Season Long Weekend Getaway ~ Thursday check in at 4:00pm and Sunday check out at 11:00am ~ $430.00
Off Season Monthly ~ from September 29th to May 11, 2014 ~ $1,500.00
Our cottage is a beautiful, quiet place to rent monthly during the autumn/winter/spring season. The Off Season Monthly Rental Rate INCLUDES: Gas, Electric, Water Treatment, Sewer, Garbage, Satellite TV, Internet and Lawn Service when appropriate. Being completely furnished you can store your things in our garage while enjoying skiing, ice fishing, hot chocolate and quiet meditation on the lake. Cleaning and Damage/Security Deposits listed above will apply.
- High Speed Internet
- Wireless Internet
- Internet Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Charcoal Grill
- Electric Stove
- Pet friendly - Yes
- Smoking allowed - Yes
- Suitable for children - Yes
- Suitable for the elderly - Yes
- Wheelchair accessible - Ask
- 1100 square feet
About the owner
Response rate 100%
Response time Within a day
Calendar updated 2 weeks ago
Rating 4.6 / 5.0 Based on 2 propertiesMore about this owner »