Charming tropical cottage
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
|Living space||1700 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Budget, Golf, Historic, Beach, Downtown, Ocean|
Description from the owner
Our house is located in a prestigious Florida Neighborhood, surrounded by multi-million-dollar mansions, a short drive away from the tantalizing white-sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico and from the acclaimed restaurants, boutique shops, and cultural attractions of the City of St. Petersburg (including its famous Dali Museum). Whether you like to go fishing, sailing, golfing, kayaking, biking, or taking a hike up the 37-mile Pinellas Trail, or simply relaxing on the beach, there is something for everyone. Our house also comes with four bikes and a toddler seat. We also have a kayak which you can tow by hand on two disposable wheels to a laun...Read more
Charming tropical cottage
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Additional Location Information
Lots of sunshine and countless outdoor activities: Located in the heart of the “Sunshine City,” our villa enjoys an average of 361 days of clear skies per year. According to the Guinness book of world records, St. Petersburg holds the record for the most consecutive days of sunshine in the world with 768 beginning in 1967!
Immaculate unspoiled beaches on the Gulf of Mexico, a short distance from the house, including two of the top ten rated beaches in America (Fort De Soto Park and Sand Key parks). There are no buildings or man-made constructions spoiling the surroundings. Just you, the birds, dolphins, warm water, and soft powdery sand tickling your feet. Once you try it, you will never go back to other beaches on the eastern seaboard around the Miami area.
Day trips: You can plan day-trips to countless locations: Tampa and its famous zoo, aquarium and amusement park (Busch Garden) are all just half an hour away. A little farther out, DisneyWorld, Universal Studio and everything else Orlando has to offer can be reached in under an hour and a half from the house.
Culture and fine dining: World-class art museums: The Dali Museum houses the largest collection of Salvador Dali’ s works outside of his native Spain., the Chihuly and Fine Arts museum
In the evening, you can head downtown St Pete (15 minutes by bike or 5 minutes by car) where you will find a wide variety of shops, boutiques, outstanding restaurants and bars facing the marina. Far from being a lackluster retirement community, downtown St Pete is brimming with concerts, festivals, sports events (such as the Honda Grand Prix), outdoor farmers markets There is simply always something going on.
Location Type Beach, Downtown, Ocean
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$80||$80||$560 - $630||$1,960 - $2,100||7 nights|
|Jun. 29 2013 - Aug. 31 2013
|All Other Dates||$80||$80||$560||$1,960||7 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Damage deposit - $300 - Security Deposit
- Tax rate - 12% of rental - Tax
- Cleaning fee - $85 / stay - Other
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: June 05, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Great Place to Stay When in St Pete
First and foremost I would consider staying here again when vacationing in St. Pete. We spent two weeks here enjoying all the St. Pete area has to offer.
1. Location, location, location. It allows one to easily get into downtown St. Pete without having to jump on the interstate. The interstate is close which allows for easy access to go explore the many other interesting areas surrounding St. Pete. The Bay is indeed a short walk away, which is where one can put the kayak in, but we actually liked standing on the bridge a little further down the street.
2. The bonus/sun room that looks out into the backyard is fantastic. When not out and about this is where we spent most of our time when in the house.
3. Plenty of room in the house.
4. The ability to do laundry without having to go out.
5. Having access to the bicycles.
1. The neighbors dog that barked, hard, loud and long every night about 10:15 PM and every morning at about 07:30 am. The one night was really bad and I was about ready to call the police.
2. The Roku box instead of having cable can be frustrating for the sport or news fanatic.
3. The location of the refrigerator, in the sun room and not in the kitchen is awkward. Personally I would have made the opening between the house and sun room smaller to put the fridge in the kitchen area.
4. The furniture is minimalist and low to the ground, do not expect plush furniture. If you are tall like I am the foot boards on the bed can also be bothersome. The furniture being low bothered me a little due to having total knee replacement in Oct.
Response from Martine and Jacques Genicot - 06/06/2013
We are sorry to read that the neighbor's dog bothered you at some point during your stay. If we had been made aware of this,we surely would have sent an email to the neighbor who doesn't always pay attention if our house is occupied or not. Many times we told her nicely that her dog can be loud and each time she managed to keep her dog inside particularly during evenings and early morning hours.
Concerning the fridge, we are going to remodel the sun room by the end of summer for better insulation and we would take your idea of making the opening between the sun room and the kitchen smaller in order to place the fridge in the kitchen!
What a great place
We loved every moment of our stay in this charming cottage. It is so close to everything.
We walked to the water in less than 2 minutes. The restaurants in downtown St Pete are tasty and just around the corner.
The house is roomy and nicely furnished. My daughters loved to play in the backyard which is large and fully secluded from the street. I also enjoyed reading under the jasmin vines.
Relaxing vacation in great area
This lovely home is located in a quiet neighborhood, with its own backyard of lush tropical flaura and trees. Its sun room is wide and well lit by large bay windows. The 4 bedrooms are neat and comfortable.
We had at our disposal 4 bicycles that we used to explore different areas, the lakes filled with promiscuous dolphins and fishermen that were 2 mn ride, 10 mn from downtown st Pete, and to the closest beaches. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend this charming cottage.
St Petersburg is truly a hidden gem! Far form the concrete and the noise from Miami. Yet close enough from Tampa's festivals and its great Ybor area worth spending time and evenings strolling their entertaining streets. The house is perfectly located from St Petersburg town center and all the goodies this interesting city can offer to the eyes and for gourmets like us. We particularly enjoyed watching the dolphins frolicking just a few yards away and bicycling within the serenity of this upscale neighborhood . Thank you for an enchanting place! We'll definitely come back to rent your pretty house again.