From $1,626 / night
- 8 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
Description from the manager
This luxurious famous chateau sleeps 12/18 in 6 or 8 bedrooms. Within it's own grounds, walled/gated security, heated pool, with chef and maid service included in the rental fee. Close to a sandy beach, shops, restaurants and golf course. Ideal for large families or private house parties wanting to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or wedding.
This would be a perfect venue for two/three or four families as mums and dads can be accommodated in rooms opposite or next to their children. A vacation rental with a child friendly staff and house.
Chateau L'etoile is a gated and walled secure property, as is the pool, and has a dreamy qua...Read more
Saint-Martin-de-Ribérac, Aquitaine, France
Additional Location Information
There are numerous childrens activities in and around the surrounding areas that are not age restricted. Canoeing is 5 minutes away but restricts the age of participants to a minimum of 3; this is the case with all canoeing in the Dordogne.
Within a 5 to 20 minute drive:
- The town of Riberac has a very well organized water activity centre for days out on the river. 5 minutes away from the house.
- There is an equestrian centre close by and hacks are organized on a daily basis.
- There are bicycles at the house but in the case of larger numbers or bicycles with children’s trailers, there is a local hire shop with a large selection and at a reasonable price.
- The town of Riberac has six municipal tennis courts that are maintained to immaculate standards.
- Lake Jamaye is less than 15 minutes away from the house and has a beautifully maintained sandy beach with free boating activities, a floating raft, two play areas with swings and climbing apparatus, sand pits and slides. There are quite nice restaurants/bistros at the site if you haven’t arranged a picnic. There is also a volleyball area and beautiful walks around the lake.
- The beautiful town of Aubterre is very close and makes for a splendid excursion. There is a leisure complex at the river’s edge and a controlled swimming area with diving boards, boating activities, restaurants and even a monolithic cathedral carved secretly into the mountainside in the centre of the town. You could always visit the glass blowing factory afterwards. The town is lovely and boasts superb restaurants and snack bars making it a perfect venue for a day out.
- The town of Brantome, called the Venice of the Dordogne, boasts a wonderful church cut into the mountain side, numerous water activities, glass blowing factory, riverside walks and some of the best restaurants in the Dordogne. Just 10 minutes away there is the wonderful cave at Villars with its historic cave drawings, stalactites and stalagmites.
- Less than 20 minutes away is a lovely water park with slides, go-carts, boating, trampolines, swings, swimming areas and a children’s adventure playground.
- There are numerous world famous prehistoric caves and the Dordogne is at the very centre of these, at less than 40 minutes away.
- For the more adventurous there is a harnessed tree climbing activity site.
- Although markets are, traditionally, the love of adults, the market at Riberac (every Friday) has terrific children’s activities within it. There are usually roaming knights enacting the crusade paths that passed through the Dordogne on their way to Arabia and all sorts of hurdy gurdies, jugglers and balloon artists - a lovely family day out.
- Adults may wish to take in a concert, a myriad of which occur to all tastes throughout the summer. There are baroque evenings, jazz nights and many other things to do - antique street markets, night markets and organized town street parties, for example.
- There are several pizza houses and restaurants which all accept children.
National carriers all fly to Bordeaux, which is just over an hour away, but there are numerous alternatives which are much closer. Easyjet, Flybe and Ryanair fly into Bergerac, which is just 35 minutes from the house. There is a free shuttle service available into Riberac, alternatively a taxi service can be arranged though our concierge service.
Last updated on September 17, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 3 other Saint-Martin-de-Ribérac rentalsCheck Availability for Saint-Martin-de-Ribérac
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in GBP)
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Security Deposit | $1,626
- Linen & Towels | per stay
- Energy Costs | per stay
- End of Stay Cleaning | per stay
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- DVD Player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - ask