Come and experience panoramic views of the San Diego bay and downtown San Diego from this 2,800-square-foot 4 bedroom 2.5 bath Craftsman-style home; centrally located in the upscale seaside community of Point Loma and enjoy waking up in the Master Bedroom suite to the sunrise over the city and after sunset watch the city lights glisten off of the water. Our reviews say it all!
Beauty, comfort and the highest quality construction prevail in this wonderful vacation rental home. No detail was spared – including wraparound view decks, rich wood trim, open beam ceilings, and a chef's dream kitchen - all creating an environment that is... both beautiful and livable.
This home is the best of classic Craftsman design with features such as custom cherry mission style hardwood cabinetry, two authentic stone fireplaces, wine storage, and beautiful hardwood and slate floors in the living areas. There is a garage, washer and dryer, BBQ, roof top deck and more.
With its ample sized rooms, open floor plan and outdoor living areas, it is an ideal setting for a family or couples to gather for movie watching, conversation and game playing while offering plenty of space for quiet time alone.
The gourmet chef's kitchen opens to the living room and dining room and is a great place to sit and chat with the cook and/or lay out the hors d'ouvres for happy hour. This professional grade kitchen features granite counter tops with top of the line Thermador range and stainless steel appliances, offset by beautiful cherry wood cabinets and floors. The kitchen is a cook’s and entertainer’s delight, stocked with all the cookware and utensils necessary to prepare your favorite meals.
From the kitchen, you can walk out on the deck and barbeque on the gas grill, dine outdoors or just sit outside and soak in the spectacular views.
The master suite is located on the main floor second level with plenty of windows to let in the San Diego sunshine. This is a wonderful room with well-appointed furnishings and a comfortable ambiance perfect for rest and relaxation. The master bathroom features stone flooring and accents, a deep soaking Jacuzzi bathtub fit for two, and an oversize shower and double vanity with granite counters complete the experience.
The home is located close to the beach, yacht club, fishery, coffee houses, shopping, restaurants, pubs, grocery stores and a wine-bar. This area has so much to do that you could spend a month and still not see or experience everything. The beauty of the area is best seen from the breathtaking Cabrillo National Monument; not far away. Downtown San Diego, the zoo, Sea World and many of San Diego’s famous attractions are just 10 – 20 minutes away. Call now and reserve your dates today!
PLEASE NOTE: This home is located in a quiet family neighborhood and is only suitable for quieter groups. Our rental agreement includes a no tolerance policy regarding excessive noise and/or parties. Deposit forfeitures and/or evictions are strictly enforced. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before renting with Bluewater.
Please see “NOTES” section for additional information.
Point Loma (Driving distance - Times are approximate)
Seaworld: 10 minutes
Legoland: 30-40 minutes
Belmont Park: 10-15 minutes
Mission Beach: 10-15 minutes
Pacific Beach: 15 minutes
La Jolla Cove: 20-25 minutes
La Jolla Shores: 15-20 minutes
Torrey Pines: 20-25 minutes
Downtown/Gaslamp: 10 minutes
San Diego Zoo: 15-20 minutes
Safari Park: 30-35 minutes
Balboa Park: 15-20 minutes
Old Town: 10-15 minutes
Coronado: 15-20 minutes
Mt. Soledad: 10-15 minutes
Keywords: Point Loma, Downtown San Diego Private Home, Single family home
Left on 08/30/2012 for a stay in August 2012 | First Time in San Diego
This was our first trip to visit San Diego and we did hours and hours of research on places to stay. We finally ended up with Harbor View and it truly exceeded our expectations. I would recommend it to anyone. Here's the reasons why:
1. The view: The pictures really don't do justice to how beautiful the downtown skyline and harbor is from the huge outdoor deck. It truly blew us away and we spent many hours taking it in on the deck. We watched the planes take off and land, could see the fireworks from Sea World, ate some of our meals out there, and in the mornings... watched the hummingbirds (wish we would have brought a hummingbird feeder) as the sun rose over the downtown skyline. If we owned the place we'd spend as much time on the deck as in the beautiful home.
2. The location: Not having visited San Diego before, we were somewhat at a loss on what area of town to stay. Staying here saved us tons of driving time. It kept us off the major highways to get to downtown and the beaches. This may have been the greatest benefit in staying here.
3. The kitchen: We cooked many of our meals and the bar (the biggest bar/island I've ever seen in a home), kitchen, fridge, sink(s)...etc. were really spectacular.
4. The master bedroom/bath: Great bed, bath, jacuzzi tub, closets. The other bedrooms were simple and had beds to sleep in, but the master bed and bath was really nice.
5. The space: we didn't really use about half of the home. There was an entire living area we only went to when we first arrived.
6. The service: I work in customer service and I'm very particular. I can tell you the friendly feel I received in scheduling this was the best of every company I talked with in trying to schedule this trip.
It was really warm for San Diego when we arrived and they went out of their way to bring us a fan to make it more comfortable. There isn't an aC unit, as I'm sure it is really needed, but they were kind to help.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.