Between Poggibonsi and San Gimignano, this holiday accommodation in Tuscany provides the benefits of a large Tuscan estate without the necessity of having to travel with a large group. This Tuscany holiday accommodation is an apartment within a villa, with plenty of space for outdoor relaxation, walks, and swimming. In addition to having your own rental accommodation near San Gimignano, which is where the movie "Tea with Mussolini" starring Maggie Smith, Cher, and Judi Dench was filmed, you'll find yourself in the perfect location for winery-hopping and day trips to Florence, Siena, and more.
This estate on a hillside, right on what was... once the old country road leading to the town of San Gimignano, and boasts a stupendous view of the town’s famous towers. Set magnificently within the splendid Tuscan countryside, the property is surrounded by olive groves and vines that produce oil of superb quality and the excellent white wine, Vernaccia. There’s also a large park with cypress trees and flowers. The property was recently renovated, but dates back to the Middle Ages. The villa has been divided into independent apartments. Guests can make use of the pergola for al fresco meals, or enjoy the shared pool (8m x 16m, open Apr 24 - Oct 30). There’s parking on the property.
Ground Floor: living room with fireplace and single sofa bed and adjacent dining area, small kitchen with freezer, microwave oven/grill and dishwasher, 1 double bedroom, 1 bedroom with twin-beds, 2 bathrooms with shower. Small fully-equipped terrace.
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
* Cooking Class (every Thursday morning upon request - minimum of 4 pax): €85 per person.
* There is a high chair available and it must be requested at time of booking
* There are hair dryers available upon request from the reception office
* There is a shared laundry room with one washing machine and one dryer to be shared with all guests of the estate: €5 per token
* Breakfast basket delivered to room on request. Usually includes coffee, tea, marmalade, honey, Nutella, biscuits, milk, and sugar: €7 per person
* Dinner on request: €28 per person (without wine)
* Mid-week bed linen change or extra housekeeping upon request
* Pool towel: €6 per week
* Baby bed available on request: €30 per week
* The internet is wireless and can be found outdoors near reception office. It cannot be received in the units as the walls are too thick.
* People beyond the maximum number of sleeping spaces, including children up to the age of 2, are not allowed.
* Children are welcome guests but, given the structure of the house, the antique furniture, the absence of equipped areas suitable for playing in, parents must pay special attention to the children present; this is to guarantee a peaceful and serene holiday for the guests.
* Finally, the guests must read the regulations of the house and respect them during their stay. Any group bookings must be agreed upon beforehand.
Additional amenities include: clothes dryer - shared, air conditioning - whole house, outside area - shared, high chair, hair dryer, cook service available - extra cost, housekeeping available - extra cost, balcony/terrace, free parking on premises, washing machine - shared, portable baby crib/play pen - upon request.
Rayna's review of Apartment Rental in Tuscany, San Gimignano - I
Left on 08/25/2012 for a stay in August 2012 | Rayna
Amazing! We felt like we were part of a family on the property - Sandra, Nicolo, and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. The whole experience made us feel special and peaceful. The food was amazing -
The villa itself, the pool, the scenery and the outdoor meals Tuesday, Friday, Saturday. Part of whole experience, and worth the added cost.
The wine and olive oil tastings; we went very locally to a farm where we tasted honey and olive oils.
Carl's review of Apartment Rental in Tuscany, San Gimignano - Il
Left on 11/12/2011 for a stay in October 2011 | Carl
The setting and the quality of the facility.
Vineyards all around with miles of walking trails. Very convenient to Poggibonsi, where there was a modern supermarket with excellent quality foods and wines.
David's review of Apartment Rental in Tuscany, San Gimignano - I
Left on 07/07/2007 for a stay in June 2007 | David
Everything was fabulous. One thing to note, there are no screens on the windows, so mosquitoes and bugs can enter freely. I guess this is the Tuscan way, of just opening the windows, and enjoying the outside.
Plan to eat at least 1 meal at the property. We ate there on Saturday night, after we arrived, and also on Friday night our last night there.
Everything was perfect. Better than I expected. Just like a dream. The villa was very spacious and fully equipped. Furnished beautifully. Terracotta tile on the floor, high ceilings, with wide curved archways upon entering rooms.
The beautiful country side, with the rolling hills filled with vineyards and olive trees. It is so quiet and peaceful. Totally picturesque.
Kristin's review of Apartment Rental in Tuscany, San Gimignano -
Left on 06/23/2007 for a stay in June 2007 | Kristin
We would love to return some day.
The views were amazing and it was just a beautiful property. Also, the location between San Gimignano and Poggibonsi was perfect.
We enjoyed exploring San Gimignano and Poggibonsi and the property was very close to the the Autostrada, which made day trips convenient.
Rose's review of Apartment Rental in Tuscany, San Gimignano - Il
Left on 06/02/2007 for a stay in May 2007 | Rose
I would definitely book again.
We had a beautiful view from our bed of the sun rising each morning. Very nice pool. Also, the owners were wonderful hosts. Their mother prepared dinner 3 nights a week for the guests. They cooked true Tuscan dishes that were delicious and a bargain compared to the restaurants. A great way to meet other guests and trade experiences.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.