Fantasyland holiday villa near the beach.
From $430 / night
- 4 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
Description from the owner
Welcome to the Villa Hibiscus, a one-of-a-kind, romantically rustic, three-bedroom treasure chest of a holiday residence offering the authenticity and charm of Balinese design and hospitality with all the mod cons one would expect in a modern villa: and it’s just a five-minute stroll from the calm waters of Merta Sari Beach in Sanur on Bali’s southeast shore.
Characterized by thatched roofs, antique furnishings and vast, semi-open-air living areas and a private 18 meter swimming pool, the villa is blessed with heavenly landscaped gardens filled with fishponds and fountains, tall trees and tropical flowers that attract butterflies,...Read more
Fantasyland holiday villa near the beach.
Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
Additional Location Information
Villa Hibiscus is located down a quiet residential back-road in the historical village of Sanur on Bali’s southeastern coast. Sanur was Bali’s original tourist enclave and is characterized by shady lanes, vine-draped coral walls, sedate leafy compounds, majestic trees and a five-kilometre shoreline within a gentle reef-sheltered lagoon, making it safe for swimming, and is home to many consulates, and large garden estates of wealthy locals and expats
The island’s first simple guest rooms were constructed here in the late 1940s, heralding the age of modern tourism. Today Sanur is the domain of well-heeled tourists, who like its mellow, restful and cosmopolitan ambience. Foreign visitors rub shoulders with the locals, chic fashion shops are bordered by traditional markets, and a plethora of hidden temples can be found in between of art galleries and nice restaurants.
Sailing boats dot the horizon, and old men in conical hats linger on the stone jetties with their fishing rods while contemplating the aquatic aerobatics of the kite surfers.
Almost the entire coastline is built up by a luxurious private residences and hotels with exceptional gardens and a paved esplanade runs the length of the sandy beach, recently saved from erosion by an impressive landscaping and conservation project that has also safeguarded the coral reef. Cycling and walking along this pathway is a great way to explore the local community and watch the sun rise. Along this path are a wide selection of small restaurants and cafes where it is possible to rent a sun lounger for a small fee and spend a most pleasant afternoon on the sand.
Located just five minutes’ walk from the villa is Merta Sari Beach, normally a very quiet and peaceful beach and popular with tourists, which on Sundays comes alive with the sights and sounds of the local villagers who converge on the sand to run huge kites, swim, buy and sell food, and have a good time.
Strolling up the beach walk from Merta Sari are a variety of cafes, restaurants, coffee shops and sports bars that offer a good choice of where to spend your time. A short taxi ride away in the centre of town are wide selection of restaurants offering everything from Chinese, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Spanish cuisine, Australian steaks and fresh seafood.
From Sanur is very convenient to explore the central and northern part of the island:
- Ubud, the cultural capital of Bali: 40 minutes,
- Bali Bird and Reptile Park: 30 minutes,
- White water rafting and quad biking trips: 45 minutes,
- Bali Elephant Park: 45 minutes,
- Bali Safari and Marine Park: 30 minutes,
- Kintamani village on the caldera of the Mt Batur volcano: about 1,5 hours.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation
Car is not necessary
Last updated on July 29, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 157 other Sanur rentalsCheck Availability for Sanur
Rates shown in $ USD
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Tax rate | 15.5% of rent
- Damage deposit | $500
- Additional guests | $35 per person per night | Fee applies to parties of more than 6 guest(s)
Additional notes from the manager
- Accommodation for a maximum of 6 adults plus two children under 6 years of age may stay free using existing beds (or one baby cot provided free of charge).
- Private transfers to and from the airport - for direct bookings.
- Welcome drinks, cold towels, snacks and fruits upon arrival.
- The first day’s American breakfast is complimentary for all guests at the villa.
- Unlimited drinking water, tea and coffee.
- A cook: guests pay cost price for groceries plus a service charge of 25 % for purchase and delivery. Dinners, BBQ, Balinese dining, candlelit dinners at guest request. Maximum number of the guests for dinner (include those staying in the property and invited guests) is 8 adults plus 2 children. For bookings of 10 nights or more, please note that the cook will have 1 day off per week.
- Daily room cleaning and guest services during the day.
- Pool and garden cleaning and maintenance.
- Staff working hours (including the cook) are 7am until 8pm / or 8am until 9pm, with two one-hour breaks during the day. Late service will be charged at IDR 200,000 per hour.
- Regular changes of linen.
- TV channels (in English) - in the main bedroom and the Mezzanine lounge.
- Complimentary WiFi Internet access.
- Accommodation for additional person (if more than 6 adults, or adults and kids above 6 years) or extra bed is USD 35 per night (inclusive of taxes). Maximum number of guests to stay overnight is 8 people, including children.
- Food groceries (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and beverages charged at cost from supermarket plus a service charge of 25%. Purchases are made in advance daily.
- Outsourcing laundry and dry cleaning.
- Massage and spa services in the villa.
- Babysitting services.
- Private yoga lessons at the villa.
- Bicycle or scooter rental.
- Brand-new 7-seater chauffeured car use: IDR 350,000 plus petrol for 4 hours, or IDR 550,000 plus petrol for 8 hours.
- Traditional Balinese dances during dinner, folk and live music, as well as children's parties and birthday parties at the villa - on request and by prior arrangement.
- Sightseeing tours, entrance tickets, outside spa visits, diving, surfing lessons, visits to attractions, shopping – all at guest request.
- Recommended tips for the staff are IDR 150,000 per week per staff member (or about USD 70 per week for team of 5 people working in the property).
-Any parties or events in Villa Hibiscus must be previously approved by the management. Stipulated local council (banjar) fees and event fees are applicable.
-Maximum number of the guests for dinner with no extra fee is 8 adults
plus 2 kids.
-Small parties and gatherings with a maximum of 15 participants (including organizers) are considered as a ‘Small Event’ and chargeable at USD 500 per day.
-Bigger parties and gatherings with more than 15 participants are considerable as an ‘Event’ and chargeable at USD 1,000 per day, include local council (banjar) fee.
-For ‘Small Events’ and ‘Events’ guests must contract outside professional catering.
-All kinds of fireworks or fire shows are strictly prohibited.
-Music must be turned down after 22:00. Complete curfew is 23:00.
- A/C or climate control
- Linens Provided
- Alarm Clock
- Housekeeping Optional
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Ceiling Fans
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Paper Towels Provided
- Stove or Oven
- Stereo or CD player
- Satellite or cable TV
- DVD Player
- Balcony or terrace
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - yes
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - ask
- 2300 square meters