Stockwell Hall Cottage has been lovingly converted from a former barn retaining many original features, now a luxurious cumbrian holiday cottage ideal for families or couples who will not only appreciate the peaceful ambience but also the high quality furnishings and attention to detail.
A warm welcome awaits you!!
Stockwell Hall Cottage is ideally located close to Caldbeck in the northern Lake District on the edge of the cumbrian fells and near to the quaint villages of Caldbeck and Hesket Newmarket. The area is renowned for its outstanding natural beauty and is ideal for adventure and walking holidays at any time of the year. Th...e Cumbrian Way and River Caldew are close by and not too far away are the mountain peaks of Blencathra and Skiddaw from which the views are outstandingly magnificent. Bassenthwaite, Ullswater and Derwentwater are all only a short drive away. The cottage is also within easy reach of Keswick and the great border city of Carlisle.
The cottage has been sympathetically converted to the highest standard from an 18th century Grade II listed barn and now combines original character and charm with luxurious fixtures and fittings. The cottage has been furnished to 5 star gold standards with special care and attention to detail and set in a peaceful rural location, it is spacious and well equipped with many of the furnishings from Laura Ashley. Set in pleasant surroundings of a small holding you have the opportunity to see the animals and wildlife close up yet you still have space to relax, unwind and enjoy the beautiful Cumbrian countryside.
The cottage is immaculately presented with co-ordinated fabric and linens throughout, has oil fired central heating and comprises:
* Breakfast / kitchen with electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and doors opening up onto the patio with views to the garden.
* Double bedroom furnished with Laura Ashley bedding and fabrics.
* Twin bedroom furnished with Laura Ashley bedding and fabrics.
* Bathroom with roll top bath, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
* First floor: Galleried landing leading to lounge with exposed cruick beams, electric log effect wood burning stove, digital TV, video, DVD player, CD radio with i-Pod dock and views over open countryside.
* Double bedroom with exposed beams and brass bed.
* Shower room with hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
* All oil, electric, bed linen, fluffy towels and Wi-Fi provided.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Private parking for 3 cars.
* Outside patio overlooking a large garden with garden furniture and BBQ.
* Fresh flowers and a welcome tea tray on arrival.
* This property is only suitable for couples or families.
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.