South Carolina Vacation Rentals, Condos, & More (5,746 rentals)
Popular South Carolina Destinations
Browse all regions in South Carolina
Recent reviews in South Carolina
About South Carolina
South Carolina is a true Southern belle, with colonial mansions, sweeping oaks and breezy beaches that all stretch out gracefully under the sun. Vacationers love this state mostly for the coast, which is a sparkling jewel of silver sands and turquoise ocean, but further inland there is plenty to behold as well.
Its alluring cities combine history, culture and a buzzing nightlife in addition to activities geared toward travelers of all ages.
Some of the places you will want to explore include:
- Charleston: With its quaint, classic charm, this lovely city has been named the most well mannered in the U.S. It is also full of historical buildings, fine arts, dining and shopping.
- Blue Ridge Mountains: West of Charleston are these breathtaking natural gems, which are brimming with beautiful scenery, hilly hiking and a sense of freedom.
- Myrtle Beach: Defining the American-style summer vacation, this area offers amazing beaches as well as the Grand Stand. For some good old-fashioned fun, the latter features amusement parks, concerts, a boardwalk and tons of food stands.
- Hilton Head: Known for its sustainable development and ecotourism, this island has an impressive amount of untouched forests and beaches making for great hiking, diving and discovering. Be sure to spend some time under the shady limbs of the Liberty Oak, a symbol of the island, or grab your clubs and hit some golf balls at the Heritage Golf Classic, a stop on the PGA Tour.
- Columbia: As South Carolina's capital city, this area includes a historic entertainment district located downtown, several museums, zoos and Lake Murray, a great place for water sports of all kinds.
- Greenville: If mountain exploration is what you are after, this town is where it is at. There are also a variety of cultural attractions here and a revitalized downtown area that includes an impressive 20-acre park.
There are plenty of activities for visitors to enjoy in South Carolina. For those who want to hit the high seas, cruises from South Carolina are a popular pick. If tee time is your finest hour, golf packages in South Carolina hit a hole in one. Families often find adventure within the theme parks in South Carolina or in the natural surroundings of South Carolina national parks.
Once your day draws to a close, there are several options for where to stay. A vacation rental could include a condo in downtown Charleston or a beach rental on its outskirts. Visitors can easily locate a number of properties to suit their needs depending upon what they desire.