Enjoy luxurious living year-round in this beautiful new custom designed home. Located near the center of town and the Mountain Road overlooking Stowe Country Club -- and minutes away from skiing and the village of Stowe. Enjoy world-class alpine and cross country skiing at Stowe Mountain Resort. Experience fine dining and nightlife in the Stowe village, hike Mt. Mansfield and Smuggler's Notch or enjoy fly fishing and swimming during the summer months. Enjoy horseback riding or just relax and enjoy the majestic mountain views from the expansive outdoor deck with hot tub.
Special touches include an outdoor hot tub, just under cover and lo...oking out at the mountain views, a large 3-car garage which makes coming and going in the winter a dream, a beautifully appointed kitchen with granite counter tops and top of the line appliances, a large mud room, and a new pool table! Cathedral ceilings and a dramatic stone fireplace accentuate the lush living room and the dining room offers formal seating for 8. One of the 5 bedrooms is on the main level with its own bathroom. The master suite is upstairs with a king bed, wide screen TV and gas fireplace. Most bedrooms come with ceiling fans. Easy access to Stowe's premiere golf course and minutes from skiing and the village, this home is an exceptional choice for a large family or group in search of a luxurious vacation stay in Stowe during any season.
Custom designed kitchen includes double Bosch ovens, Asko dishwasher, 6 burner gas range, warming oven, wine refrigerator, low profile refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, and more! Great room includes fir finished cathedral ceilings and a massive custom stone wood burning fireplace. Lower level media room includes flat panel HDTV, 7.1 channel surround sound, Satellite TV, and Blu-Ray/DVD/CD player. Home includes whole house music system that covers the main level, pool/rec room, and hot tub and deck areas Dining room includes cherry table with formal seating for 8 with additional chairs available.
Outdoor Sports & Year-round Activities in Stowe Vermont
At 4,395 feet, Stowe's Mt. Mansfield is- literally- the high point of Vermont. This spectacular mountain forms the centerpiece of a region that is legitimately world famous for its outdoor activities and adventures.
While Stowe is well-known as the winter sports capital of the East, summer is our most popular time to visit! Activities abound: perhaps you'd like to go dog-carting or try your hand at zip lining. Summer in Stowe is a time to enjoy all that Vermont has to offer, from fabulous Green Mountain views along the world-famous Recreation Path to great shopping and dining.
Fall in Stowe brings the explosions of autumn color for which Vermont is internationally famed. The brilliance of Stowe's fall foliage adds an extra dimension of enjoyment to every outdoor pursuit, from serene strolls on the world famous recreation path to nerve-jangling rock climbs on the faces of Smugglers Notch and everything in between.
In winter, skiers and snowboarders come from around the world to experience Mt. Mansfield's storied terrain. Stowe also offers sleigh and dogsledding, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and ice skating. Stowe is especially famous as one of North America's premier cross country skiing destinations, with hundreds of kilometers of groomed and backcountry trails.
Additional amenities include: bedrm2: king, barbecue grill: gas, dist. to mtn.: 4, style: house, baths: 4.5, sleep cap: 10, mtn views: worcester range, 1/2 bath: 1, full bath: 4, bedrm1: queen, price type: 5+, near bike path, rental type: short term, flipkey code: 132236, seasonal: short term only, bedrm3: queen, hot tub outdoor, game: private, area: mountain road, washer/dryer, fireplace_o, dist. to town: 3, ilink: ilink booking, premier, bedrm5: 2 twin, bedrooms: 5, bedrm4: queen.
Left on 04/09/2014 for a stay in March 2014 | cChrisM
This is a great home and fit our needs perfectly. Each person required their own bedroom and each of the 5 rooms are very nice and comfortable.
The house is wired with sound through out including the outdoor hottub. Careful this house may be nicer than your own and you will want to stay longer. Wifi made it easy to do some work when we weren't on the slopes.
The 3 car garage will keep you out of the cold and you won't worry about scraping the new snowfall off the car.
No complaints with this very high end home.
Looking forward to coming back next year.
Great house, lots of room and views
Left on 09/07/2011 for a stay in March 2011 | CM
Very nice house in good location. No issues and look to rent again. Easily entertains a large party. Outside hot tub on the deck was great.
All the comforts of home.
Know what you are getting into...
Left on 07/20/2010 for a stay in June 2010 | Spiffdeb
The home was clean and well maintained and spacious. There were some issues with the property that potential renters may want to be aware of before making a rental decision.
1. The home was listed as a/C but was not. I believe that SCH has corrected this in the listing but we paid for a house with a/C and didn't get it.
2. There is an stinky odor (smells sour and a bit like a dirty diaper pail) especially in the master bedroom and at times it is noticeable in the kitchen and around the front door and the downstairs bedroom. This may just be a summertime issue or perhaps something going on during the period of time we were there. There were multiple air fresheners placed in the master by the owner or SCH but it did not take the smell away.
3. The house has a home monitoring system that the owner can control remotely (so I was told by SCH). This includes at least one video camera (not sure if there was more than one). I'm sure it is there for security purposes but it was a little disconcerting and it was not disclosed to us prior to renting.
4. If it rains water collects on the deck at the area near the grill and the patio table. It rained quite a bit during our trip rendering that portion of the deck unuseable with 1/4" of standing water that did not dissipate after the rainfall.
5. The TV/home audio system is difficult to use despite the detailed instructions the owner provided. The instructions did not work as stated, not sure why.
The owner was responsive in trying to help with the connectivity issues.
I would not rent this house again, especially at this price point given the issues we encountered. Hopefully these issues will be addressed so others don't have our experience. Read more
Thank you for the feedback and candid remarks. We have resolved these issues since your stay in 2010 as follows:
1) A/C - our home does not have air-conditioning and the listing has been changed on the SCH website. Please note, we do have a whole-house fan installed that provides eco-friendly natural cooling for the entire house.
2) Smell in MBR: This has been resolved -- after a year of investigation by our home builder, it was found that we had an issue with the gas fireplace in the MBR that was causing the smell.
3) Smart Home system: our home does have a smart home system that allow us to control the lights, thermostats, and security remotely -- which is never used when we have guests. In addition, the cameras are all on "privacy mode" when guests are present.
4) Rainwater on deck: our builder made some repairs to resolve the drainage issue on the deck.
5) TV/Home audio system: the remote controls for all TVs have been updated and provide a simple experience for our guests -- and we've only had positive feedback since the upgrade!
Left on 03/03/2010 for a stay in February 2010 | montreal2010
We were a group of 9 from Montreal, QC. The Par Excellence residence is very new, has a great view and an awesome fireplace! We spend a lot of time in the hot tub after a good day of skiing (about 15 min from the slopes).
Amenities we appreciated:
- wireless internet
- hot tub
- huge fridge
- many bathrooms
To consider: we were not able to figure out how the central sound system worked. I suggest you ask when booking.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.