Chevron Renaissance - Private 2Brm Apartment
|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Beach, Downtown, Resort|
Description from the owner
Fantastic views including Ocean Views of the Surfers Paradise Beach.
We have our Private Apartment available for your next Holiday on the Gold Coast
The Chevron Renaissance is one of the best resorts located in Central Surfers Paradise - Gold Coast
The Towers of Chevron Renaissance takes leisure and lifestyle enjoyment to a new level. Elevated 5 storeys above Surfers Paradise, on a vast tropical garden podium is your very own 'Beach in the Sky'
This is a private relaxation and recreation sanctuary in a world of its own. Beginning with a wide, shallow lagoon fringed in white sandy beaches perfect for children. It is li...Read more
Chevron Renaissance - Private 2Brm Apartment
Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia
Additional Location Information
Location Type Beach, Downtown, Resort
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in AUD) (change)
|Rate Summary||$146 - $156||$146 - $156||$1,024 - $1,093||$0||5 nights|
|Mar. 10 2012 - Dec. 23 2012||$156||$156||$1,093||-||5 nights|
|Feb. 19 2013 - Dec. 24 2014||$146||$146||$1,024||-||5 nights|
|All Other Dates||$146||$146||$1,024||-||5 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
Additional notes from owner
Minimum of 5 nights stay
Please make an enquiry for our rental rate per night for special events, school, public Holidays and Christmas/New Year periods
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: April 23, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Pro's and Con's - you decide!
Ok. Here it goes.
We stayed at this apartment for 7 nights in aug 2012. There were 4.5 of us, ie 2 couples and a toddler. There are pro's and con's. You decide if this one is a thumbs up or down.
- Excellent views of the ocean and the mountains
- Functional kitchen with oven, hotplate, robinhood, dishawasher, full sized fridge
- Nice leather-like couches in the living area
- walk in robe in the master
- extra goodies for a toddler or small child available like a portacot, highchair, stroller, bucket/spade for beach etc
- airconditioning / heating
- good sized table on the main balcony facing the ocean and the lagoon pool.
- Scenery at the establishment was beautiful.
- Massive indoor pool and outdoor spa.
- Excellent BBQ facilities
- Good laundry within the bathroom
- Owners of the property responded immediately when emailed prior to travel. They were very helpful overall, even helping with suggestions of cot hire places when we asked.
- no fan in the toilet/bathroom
- the handle to the shower/bathtub kept falling off
- the curtains in the living area were sea through which does not help in the mornings when the sun is streaming in through these windows and there is no block out for sun or heat
- pillows were really really bad. If you can bring your own, do so.
- opening the a window/door on both ends of the apartment creates a vacuume and slams doors shut. Not good when you have a toddler walking around.
- Surprisingly small two bedroom apartment. Was disappointed about the size when we got there.
- There was contruction that commenced between 6.30am - 7am every morning outside the window to the main bedroom every moring. Loud drilling and banging to build tram lines. This is new construction that has been set up in aug 2012. Not sure when it is due for completion.
- The remotes for the plasma did not work half the time.
- When putting a DVD on (it was The Wiggles all the way for us unfortunately!!) the sound would go loud and soft all the time and subtitles would come up. We couldn't fix this.
- It is really hard and confusing to get out to the main shopiing precinct, having to catch two elevators and walk a distance in between.
- Because this is an owner direct apartment, the front desk will not help you. They wont hold your bags if you have an early flight on arrival or late flight after checkout.
I think that is the main stuff. Like I said, there are good things and bad at this place. It really depends on what you value in a holiday. Personally I didn't like this place that much. The Con's got in the way of us enjoying our holiday to to fullest, but we made the best of it anyway.
Response from Jude Mackie - 09/24/2012
Hello Maria, Thank-you for your review and for staying in our apartment on the Gold Coast.
I am sorry you didn't have the pleasurable experience you expected. I do appreciate your comments so that we can address these accordingly. I have already contacted my property manager about the Austar TV remote and bath bath handle so he will address these.
Since this is a privately owned apartment you were able to contact our property manager Kevin during your stay. Kevin would have helped you with the remotes and bath handle immediately. The DVD/CD/Stereo is only 2 months old so I am sure Kevin could have also worked this out for you.
In regards to the wind issue while both the balcony doors were open. I am sorry you had this experience however we do have door stops/snaps connected to each door in the apartment. The doors can be pushed and once ‘clicked in’ they will not move again until the doors are pulled quite hard.
I do apologise for the construction noise outside. The Gold Coast is currently implementing a light rail system from Southport to Broadbeach. This started in January 2012. In August, it was Surfers turn for the construction. Of course this is short term as it moves along down the line towards Broadbeach.
In regards to your disappointment that you found our apartment was too small for your party of 4 adults and 1 child. Except for penthouses, most apartments on the Gold Coast are around the same size. I do find this interesting as other guests who have stayed in the past have mentioned the apartment was spacious and definately sufficient for their holiday.
The Towers of Chevron Renaissance has such a reputation where many people will not stay anywhere else while on the Gold Coast. This is because of the facilities available within the resort and the location in particular to the Chevron shopping precinct downstairs (a short 5 minute walk to the 2nd lift to take you there] and directly outside the resort being the Surfers Paradise township. As it is quite a large resort, our property manager shows all new guests around the resort upon check-in.
Since apartment is privately owned, the reception/front desk staff will not provide the same level as service as you would expect if you booked directly through the resort. However our property manager Kevin was a phone call away for any support or questions you had. All resort facilities can be used when renting our apartment.
Thank-you again for your comments, Kind Regards Jude
Great location, great views, great apartment!!
We had a wonderful stay in this well located, tidy, modern apartment.
What we loved:
* the convenience - it's right in the middle of Surfers, with a great array of shops & cafes (recommend Bar Italia downstairs for great coffee & brekky) literally at the bottom of the resort. The main beach is an easy, short 5 minute stroll.
* the resort facilities - numerous swimming pools (including a great indoor pool), spa, sauna & a gym.
* the balconies - one looking over the resort garden & towards the sea, the other overlooking the canals.
* the great communication & ease of booking, also the warm welcome on arrival.
* the apartment itself - while not huge, it had everything we needed & was very comfortable.
What we didn't love (but wouldn't stop us from re-booking):
* some traffic noise.
All in all, a big thumbs up - we hope to re-visit sooner rather than later!
Fabulous apartment, Recommended!
We had a wonderful holiday and this apartment offered everything we could have needed and more! Perfect location, walk to the beach and malls, restaurants and supermarket right under the Resort. Private car park was handy and everything needed for children/toddlers. Very well kept, clean and modern. Owners very helpful and friendly. Look forward to going back!
Beautifully appointed & centrally located apartment
Cannot fault a thing about this apartment! Tastefully decorated with 2 comfy leather couches & large plasma tv. Apartment is spacious, very clean and well looked after. Magnificent views to beach, pool and river. Central location with a Coles supermarket and other specialty shops and restaurants directly underneath in the complex. Walk to the beach and to Caville avenue. Bus stop outside complex takes you to all the theme parks. No need to hire a car! Pool is highlight of the property. Perfect for little kids to play in the sand and shallow water and for parents to relax and keep watch. Owners are lovely people to deal with. Great communication and obviously take pride in their apartment. Had a wonderful stay and will definately be back again.