Stunning, serene 1930s Mediterranean house with unparalleled ocean views. Located in the safe, upscale Pacific Palisades area with convenient access to all of Los Angeles.
ABOUT THE HOUSE
The house was originally owned by a famous Hollywood set designer so it has tons of character. It's situated on a hillside in the Castellammare area of Pacfic Palisades, which resembles the Amalfi Coast in Italy. It’s on a quiet, dead end street just a short walk to the beach.
The layout of the house is incredibly unique, which makes it perfect for couples and large groups. Every bedroom has direct outside access, which allows excellent... flexibility. All rooms except bar have ocean views.
The house is quite old but substantial renovations have been made to the bathrooms and some refinements have been carried through the house.
Here is a breakdown of the house:
LIVING ROOM (main floor)
- Stunning ocean views with large windows
- Seating area
- Powder room
KITCHEN and BREAKFAST ROOM (main floor)
- High grade stove, oven and all basic kitchen supplies
- Breakfast seating area in the kitchen
- Small breakfast room adjacent to kitchen with ocean views
BAR ROOM (downstairs)
- Accessed via a small spiral staircase near breakfast area
- Full bar decorated with old Hollywood movie set props
MASTER BEDROOM (downstairs)
- High ceilings
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, and basic kitchen supplies
- Master bathroom with separate toilet area
- Oversized bathtub/shower
SECOND BEDROOM (upstairs)
- Bright, airy
- Incredible bathroom with oversized bathtub/shower overlooking the ocean
THIRD BEDROOM (downstairs)
- Quaint bedroom with seating area
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, sink and some basic kitchen supplies
- Bathroom with oversized bathtub/shower
FOURTH BEDROOM (downstairs)
- Smallest of the four bedrooms
- Has a small bathroom and shower
- Accessed from patio area
GARDEN and PATIO
- With table and chairs
- Quiet, peaceful with sounds of the ocean
- Fresh towels and bedding are provided.
- There are hardwood floors throughout the house.
- All bedrooms have queen beds and televisions.
- The house has wi-fi...it works better in certain areas of the house than others.
- There is no heating or air-conditioning but it's almost never needed at the beach. Space heaters are provided.
- Parking is very easy since the house is at the end of a dead end street.
Can't wait to meet you! Let me know if you have any questions.
ABOUT THE AREA:
The house is in the upscale residential community of Pacific Palisades. It's conveniently located just five minutes away from Santa Monica with the pier and 3rd Street Promenade shops/restaurants. Continue south a few minutes form Santa Monica to reach Venice Beach and the famous Boardwalk. Take Sunset Boulevard into Beverly Hills/West Hollywood/Hollywood (20-40 minutes) or drive just a couple miles north to Malibu. There's a grocery store VERY close to the house...about 1/4 mile away. It's also about 1/4 mile away from the Self Realization Fellowship spiritual center and the original Getty Museum.Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.