- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
Description from the owner
This western-style apartment is located in the centre of the renown Sunshine City right next to the Sunshine City Complex and Sunshine 60 Observatory in Ikebukuro - Tokyo. This is a city within the Sunshine city, featuring a hotel, a planetarium, a museum, a theme park (Sunshine Namja Town —built by the creator of Pacman), a shopping mall and a convention center with exhibition facilities. **** You will have this ENTIRE apartment to yourselves ***.
Ikebukuro is Tokyo’s second largest city, with Tokyo’s second busiest train station (over a million commuters every day). This city has become Tokyo’s foremost fashion and electron...Read more
SUNSHINE CITY APARTMENT, Ikebukuro - Tokyo
Toshima, Kanto, Japan
Additional Location Information
Ikebukuro is one of Tokyo's multiple city centers, found around the northwestern corner of the Yamanote loop line. At the district's center stands Ikebukuro Station, a busy commuter hub traversed by three subway and multiple urban and suburban train lines. The station handles over a million passengers per day, making it the second busiest railway station surpassed only by Shinjuku Station.
Ikebukuro offers plenty of entertainment, shopping and dining opportunities. Here, the Tobu and Seibu conglomerates operate the world’s largest two department stores on each side of the station, as well as train lines from Ikebukuro into the suburbs.
Sunshine City is a large shopping and entertainment complex not far from the station. Opened in 1978, Sunshine City is Tokyo's first city within the city. The focal point of the complex is the 240 meter tall Sunshine 60 skyscraper with an observation deck on its top floor. The complex also contains shops and restaurants, an aquarium, planetarium, museum, indoor theme park, as well as the Sunshine Prince Hotel and offices. Sunshine City's shops are open daily from 10:00 to 20:00, restaurants from 11:00 to 22:00.
• The observation deck has an enclosed lower level and an upper open air "sky deck", located on the top floor of the 240 meter tall Sunshine 60 skyscraper.
• Sunshine Namja Town is an indoor theme park by Namco, the creator of Pacman and many other arcade games and leisure products.
• The Sunshine Aquarium exhibits creatures from seas, oceans and tropical forests around the world, including stingrays, sunfish, frogs, snakes, penguins, seals and otters. Located on the 10th floor of the World Import Mart Building in the Sunshine City complex, the aquarium was recently renovated and reopened in summer 2011
Ikebukuro is also a center of otaku culture. Catering more to a female clientele with butler cafes and anime, manga and cosplay related shops such as Animate, Mandarake and K-Books. The center of the female otaku scene is located along Otome Road just north of Sunshine City. It is also said to be a good place to find dojinshi, or self published manga or novels, especially those produced for women.
More About This Location
Last updated on July 16, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 3 other Toshima rentalsCheck Availability for Toshima
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in JPY)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Cleaning fee | $20 per stay
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
- A/C or climate control
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Local Guides/Maps
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Towels Provided
- Central heating
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Stove or Oven
- Paper Towels Provided
- Satellite or cable TV
- DVD Player
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - yes
- 43 square meters