- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
Description from the owner
Opened its doors in 2011 Villa Pelangi displays an elegant fusion of Asian-Modern and Italian design elements which are highlighted by coloured Venetian plaster walls, arched doorways and rich tropical hardwood or acid-washed Sulawesi marble floors throughout.
From the ground up, no expense has been spared, and no detail overlooked in the elaborate design and layout of the villa. Four tiers of discrete living space nestle into the sloping riverside gardens, which are sensitively positioned to take advantage of waterfall and rice field views and soothing seasonal breezes.
The bedrooms are spacious yet intimate, with romantic ligh...Read more
Elegant & colorful. Riverside villa Pelangi. 3-4br
Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Additional Location Information
Villa Pelangi is conveniently located just a fifteen-minute drive (or a 40-minute walk) from the centre of Ubud, Bali's cultural and arts hub, made famous as the setting for the popular book/movie, 'Eat, Pray, Love'. Located in a beautiful Balinese jungle setting overlooking a tranquil pristine river, palm trees and rice fields, it is an ideal location for wellness retreats, yoga, detoxing escapes and family holidays.
Ubud is also the craftsmen's capital of Bali, and Singakerta village is home to a few families of very talented woodcarvers. Adventures abound in the surrounding area with whitewater rafting, hiking, bird watching, inner-tubing in the river and trekking in the rice fields. World class restaurants, art galleries, spas and shopping are all nearby.
Adventures abound in the surrounding area including the Elephant Safari Park in Taro village, whitewater rafting, hiking, bird watching, inner-tubing on the river and trekking in the rice fields. World class restaurants, art galleries, spas, and shopping are all nearby, and surfing, scuba diving and snorkelling, fishing, motor boat rentals and other water sports are about one hour drive away in the Sanur and Candidasa areas.
It’s also about an hour's drive to the UNESCO protected geopark, located in the crater of the active Mt Batur volcano, with its breathtaking vistas of the caldera from the crater rim, centuries old sacred temples, and goethermal baths in the ‘Toya Devasya’ resort area.
More About This Location
Warm winter getaways
Last updated on May 22, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 269 other Ubud rentalsCheck Availability for Ubud
Rates shown in $ USD
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $700
- Security Deposit | $1,000 per stay | Fully refundable in case no damages and losses caused by the tenant.
- Government tax & service charge | 18% of rent | Can be waivered for last minute bookings
- Tax rate | 18% of rent
Additional notes from the manager
Special rates for 3-bedroom accommodation in Mango, Papaya and Aqua bedrooms with smaller plunge pool.
Extra surcharge for 5-bedroom accommodation include detached Bhutan cottage as 5th bedroom.
Rates inclusive of:
- Accommodation for two persons per bedroom. Extra person surcharge is 40 US$ ++ / per day (subject to 18% tax & service charge). Maximum occupancy of the Villa Pelangi is 12 (two extra beds in Aqua bedroom and two extra beds in the sleeping loft).
- All bedrooms are air-conditioned with ceiling fans (except the sleeping loft of the master Pelangi Suite).
- Welcome drinks and chilled towels.
- Security gate with closed-circuit video.
- Shared estate staff: villa supervisor, maids, gardeners, engineering, pool cleaner, night time security.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet throughout the property.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- One or two naturally-designed spring-water swimming pools.
- Several outdoor yoga decks.
- iPod docks in every bedroom and two six-speakers sound systems: one in the living room and one in the master bedroom
- Entertainment lounge with flat screen 42’’ TV, satellite TV channels and DVD player.
- Complimentary drinking water and coffee and tea facilities.
- Bathroom gels, amenities, towels and linen.
- Daily housekeeping.
- For the catering needs you're welcome to choose between self-catering accommodation; or order delicious and healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner by menu (ordered in advance) and staff will deliver and serve in premises of each house: approximately US$ 3-15 per meal; or hire our professional chef to cater your every whim based on your personal dietary preferences (US$ 45 per day for groups of maximum 10 people, and US$ 75 per day for groups of 10-21 people for one chef and one cook). Breakfast time starts at 7 AM, and dinner serving time finish at 8 PM. Late service after 8 PM and till 11 PM will be charged as US$ 48 / day for 2 staff and 1 cook late hours or US$ 24 / day for 2 housekeeping staff only.
- Complimentary cell phone for free local phone calls (one for villa Pelangi and one for Bhutan cottage).
- Free once-daily shuttle into Ubud and back in six-seater villa car based on availability and others guests' schedule.
- One baby cot and one baby high chair per villa (extra cribs and high chairs available at extra charge).
- Extra person surcharge (more than two persons per bedroom) is 40 US$ ++ / per day (subject to 18% tax & service charge).
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner available for pre-order from menu with fixed prices.
- Laundry service.
- In-house spa-trained masseuse.
- Car with English-speaking driver for daily use.
- Old-school VW Safari convertible available for self-drive for $50/day, plus petrol.
- Private yoga classes.
- Party catering: Balinese feast and traditional dance performance with gamelan orchestra may be ordered in-house for a reasonable fee.
- Wedding services.
- Housekeeping Optional
- Towels Provided
- A/C or climate control
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Alarm Clock
- Local Guides/Maps
- Ceiling Fans
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Ocean or water views
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- Paper Towels Provided
- Satellite or cable TV
- DVD Player
- Stereo or CD player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 800 square meters