Boxtree is situated in the pretty Lakeland village of Dacre only a short distance from the shores of Ullswater. Ideal for anyone looking for a memorable holiday in the Lake District with a touch of luxury.
Dating back to the 18th Century, Boxtree is a beautifully
renovated former farmers cottage which oozes charm and character and
now provides cosy accommodation with a touch of luxury for one or two couples
or a family. Original beams, stone niches and a wood burning stove
combine beautifully with traditional antique and country style furnishings to provide a relaxing
home away from home.
Dacre is loc...ated 5 miles west of Penrith and 1 mile north of Lake Ullswater. The village dates back to the 17th Century where the Saxons once had a monastery, the site of which is now home to the village church. The village has its own castle, now a private dwelling, and a pub dating back to the 18th Century where a warm welcome always awaits. The area is great for exploring, there are an abundance of walks from the door suitable for all abilities and the lake itself provides hours of fun, take a launch on the Ullswater Steamer, hire a boat, catch a fish or simply enjoy a picnic on the lake shore.
Boxtree is equipped to a high standard to cater for all your holiday requirements. The cottage has oil fired central heating and double glazing and comprises:
* Entrance through a sun lounge to the kitchen.
* Shaker style Kitchen with electric oven and halogen hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and washer/dryer.
* Drying room/cloakroom with hand basin, WC and ample space for outdoor gear.
* Breakfast/dining room.
* Lounge with beams, wood burning stove, wall mounted flat screen TV and DVD player.
* First floor
* Beautifully furnished with co-ordinated linens.
* Master double bedroom with vaulted beamed ceilings, painted wrought iron double bed, traditional antique pine furniture and en-suite bathroom with deep roll top bath with claw feet, hand basin, WC and beamed ceiling with spot lights.
* Double bedroom with 6 foot zip link bed which can convert to twin beds (please advise at the time of booking if twins are required) and spacious en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC, this bedroom benefits from a rural outlook over the garden to Blencathra.
* All oil, electric, initial supply of logs, bed linen and towels provided.
* i pod dock, digital radio, CD player, maps and books, CD's, DVD's and games.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Private parking for 2 cars, plus on street parking.
* Lockable stone store ideal for storing bikes and outdoor equiptment.
* Steps leads to a neat south westerly facing fully enclosed lawned garden with garden furniture, BBQ and distant fell views.
* One well behaved dog allowed.
Additional amenities include: wood burning stove yes, pet friendly, october half term availability, keswick and district, no. bathrooms: 2, bedrooms 2: 1, star grading: 4*, lakes cottage holiday 4*, pets yes, no smoking, seasonal promotionals, garden or outdoor area, christmas and new year availability, easter availability, february half term availability, no. bedrooms: 2, cottages for 2, valentine availability, open fire/stove: wood burning stove, ullswater, price f from £420 pw, this months bargains, keswick convention availability, summer school holidays, budget holidays, parking facilities: private parking, pets yes: 1 dog, sleeps 4, 5* cottages, changeover friday, bathrooms 2: 1.Read more
BOXTREE, Dacre, Nr Ullswater Ullswater, Cumbria, England
Additional Location Information
Last updated on July 22, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 31 other Ullswater rentals
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
Left on 09/30/2013 for a stay in August 2013 | Brenda
What a lovely place to recharge the batteries, just what we needed. The cottage was furnished to a really high standard and the all we needed in the kitchen to prepare our meals. The wine and chocs were appreciated after our journey from Mansfield and we soon settled down to a glass and nibble.
Our only concern was that as we were four adults the seating in the lounge could have been more cumfy. The weather wasn't too kind to us and spent most evenings in so found the two chairs and two seater settee a bit small. But would recommend Boxtree to everyone looking for a great place to stay and visit the Lakes. Read more
Thank you for your feedback regarding Boxtree, Dacre.
We are delighted to hear you had such a lovely time at the property and well-equipped for your needs.
We hope that we welcome you back to Boxtree or another of Lakes Cottage Holidays properties in the near future.
Lakes Cottage Holidays
Tris & Jackie Summers
More thab adequately exceeded our expectations
Left on 09/07/2013 for a stay in August 2013 | Tris & Jackie Summers
Clear directions and information prior to visit. The cottage was immaculate with every conceivable item needed for an enjoyable stay. Set in a very pretty village in a beautiful area. Pub nearby.
Best bit; the cottage,
Least liked; nothing springs to mind. Read more
It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay at this property and the surrounding area.
We hope to welcome you back to one of our properties in the future.
Lakes Cottage Holidays
Dave and Mark and Chloe
Lovely cottage, excellent location
Left on 07/19/2013 for a stay in July 2013 | Dave and Mark and Chloe
Really well appointed, everything provided, very new, very clean and very comfortable. Lots of nice touches and a great selection of maps and walks. The owners have really put careful thought into ensuring an enjoyable stay. Dacre is a beautiful tranquil village convenient for the Lakes and Penrith too. Conservatory was too hot (we did have 30 degrees!).
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.