NYC from the Locals' Perspective
|Rental type||Apartment / Condominium|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyYes
|Theme||Budget, Historic, Romantic, Away from it all, Downtown, Town|
Description from the owner
Welcome to New Jersey/ New York!
This is a 2 bedroom apartment just 10 minutes from NYC. The building is situated in a quiet location, yet it is just around the corner from the business district and 2 blocks to the buses that take you to Mid-town Manhattan in 10 minutes! We are also close to Hoboken, Weehawken and Jersey City. It is ideal for people looking to visit the city for a couple of days as well as people looking to stay for a couple of months. Please message me if you are interested in staying for an extended period of time and I will be happy to discuss long-term pricing with you then.
The apartment has been completel...Read more
NYC from the Locals' Perspective
Union City, New Jersey
Additional Location Information
Just 10 minutes from NYC Port Authority. The building is situated in a quiet location, yet it is just around the corner from the business district and 2 blocks to the buses that take you to Mid-town Manhattan in 10 minutes! We are also close to Hoboken, Weehawken and Jersey City.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)β¨
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town around the corner. You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks! β¨
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every minute during day, and every 4 minutes at night. Buses run 24/7.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood; a Bodega around the corner (open until 11pm), an Italian deli and the supermarket is just a few blocks away.
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
ABOUT TRANSPORTATION: Believe it or NOT β it is possible to be outside of Manhattan and so close to it, yet it's true. Here are some facts about transportation:
β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β β
1. Apartment is 5 minutes (7 blocks) from the central bus stop at post office.
2. The jitney bus is very frequent, I rarely wait for it more than 2 to 3 minutes. Most of the time you won't even wait at all. You will get to the bus stop and a bus will be there.
3. Buses are available 24/7 so you can catch them even when you spend the whole evening out.
4. The price of these express buses is $3 onboard, and $2.50 if you buy tickets at ticket window #23 at Port Authority Bus Terminal
5. You won't find a timetable or route on the internet for these buses, it's a private bus company that runs many lines in and out of Manhattan
6. City bus #22 runs every 30 minutes into Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss, Birthplace of Frank Sinatra and Baseball (where you can also catch the PATH into Manhattan 33rd Street and/or the World Trade Center) and bus #123 every 15-30 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattanβs Port Authority (42nd Street & 8th Avenue β Times Square)
* Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons
Being an urban area, parking is tight. We will provide a visitor pass so you have the same privilege as residence. Please note, that you must not forget to return this pass, otherwise we will need to charge you $35.00. For those who are not familiar with the parking system in the US, you must adhere to the parking rules - ie NO parking in fire zones / handicapped zones; sweep days; parking meters need to be adhered to and if you get a ticket, do not assume that you will not get another one if you don't move your car.
Location Type Away from it all, Downtown, Town
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$115 - $175||$150||$600 - $925||$2,000 - $2,950||3 nights|
|Jan. 20 2013 - Feb. 3 2013
|May. 24 2013 - May. 27 2013
|Jun. 30 2013 - Jul. 7 2013
Fourth of July
|All Other Dates||$150||$150||$925||$2,950||3 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Cleaning fee - $60 / stay - Other
- Damage deposit - $95 - Security Deposit
- Damage deposit - $95 / stay - Security Deposit
- Additional guests - $25 / person - Per-Person Adjustment - Fee applies to parties of more than guest(s)
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 05, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Great place for a family
We stayed 5 nights here with our 3 children - ages 10 and 11. We loved the New Jersey price tag as New York was so much more expensive. It was easy to get to "the city". We just walked about 5 minutes to catch the local bus to the Port authority Bus Station ($3 per person)- and never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. From there, it is only a 10 minute walk to Times Square. The apartment is spacious and very clean with excellent wifi. Neighborhood was safe and friendly and it was easy to get a few groceries or a bite to eat at a restaurant. Hannelore was very helpful, easily accessible, and answered all our questions. It's easy for us to recommend this apartment.
Response from Hannelore Leavy - 04/29/2013
Thanks Jim for a great review - it was so nice to have you, Luanne and your children at the apartment. Thanks for being good guests! :-)
All the best for your assignment in Vienna - you are going to love the city and it's culture. Let me know if I can be of assistance, and if you ever come to NYC again, I'll be insulted if you do not contact me! :-)
With best personal regards, Hannelore
Excellent place to stay - very close to NYC
The apartment is 2br and its really lovely and well maintained. We were surprised and delighted to be able to get in and out of NYC so fast. The apartment was clean, well stocked with blankets and towels. Ms. Leavy made the check-in process super easy and she is a very wonderful person.
Parking its a little tough to find but not impossible.
I would highly recommend this apartment and this owner. If we go back, we will most definitely stay here again!