NYC from the Locals' Perspective
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- sleeps 6
Description from the owner
Welcome to New Jersey/ New York!
This is a 2 bedroom apartment just 15 minutes from NYC. The building is situated in a quiet location, yet it is just around the corner from the business district and a few blocks to the buses that take you to Mid-town Manhattan in 15 minutes! We are also close to Hoboken, Weehawken and Jersey City. It is ideal for people looking to visit the city for a couple of days as well as people looking to stay for a couple of months. Please message me if you are interested in staying for an extended period of time and I will be happy to discuss long-term pricing with you then.
The apartment has been compl...Read more
NYC from the Locals' Perspective
Union City, New Jersey
Additional Location Information
Just 10 minutes from NYC Port Authority. The building is situated in a quiet location, yet it is just around the corner from the business district and 2 blocks to the buses that take you to Mid-town Manhattan in 10 minutes! We are also close to Hoboken, Weehawken and Jersey City.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town around the corner. You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks!
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every few minutes during day and night - 24/7.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood; a Bodega around the corner (open until 11pm), an Italian deli and the supermarket is just a few blocks away.
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
ABOUT TRANSPORTATION: Believe it or NOT – it is possible to be outside of Manhattan and so close to it, yet it's true. Here are some facts about transportation:
1. Apartment is 5 minutes (7 blocks) from the central bus stop at post office.
2. The jitney bus is very frequent, I rarely wait for it more than 2 to 3 minutes. Most of the time you won't even wait at all. You will get to the bus stop and a bus will be there.
3. Buses are available 24/7 so you can catch them even when you spend the whole evening out.
4. The price of these express buses is $3 on board, and $2.50 if you buy tickets at ticket window #23 at Port Authority Bus Terminal
5. You won't find a timetable or route on the internet for these buses, it's a private bus company that runs many lines in and out of Manhattan
6. City bus #22 runs every 30 minutes into Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss, Birthplace of Frank Sinatra and Baseball (where you can also catch the PATH into Manhattan 33rd Street and/or the World Trade Center) and bus #123 every 15-30 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattan’s Port Authority (42nd Street & 8th Avenue – Times Square)
* Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons
Being an urban area, parking is tight. We will provide a visitor pass so you have the same privilege as residence. Please note, that you must not forget to return this pass, otherwise we will need to charge you $35.00. For those who are not familiar with the parking system in the US, you must adhere to the parking rules - ie NO parking in fire zones / handicapped zones; sweep days; parking meters need to be adhered to and if you get a ticket, do not assume that you will not get another one if you don't move your car.
Location Type Away from it all, Downtown, Town
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: March 13, 2014 ◀▶
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Dates||Nightly||Weekly||Monthly||Min Night Stay|
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $95
- Cleaning fee | $65 per stay
- Pet | $75
- Central Heating
- Paper Towels Provided
- Housekeeping Included
- Linens Provided
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning [?]
- Wireless Internet
- High Speed Internet
- Internet Access
- Gas Stove
- Pet friendly - Yes
- Smoking allowed - No
- Suitable for children - Yes
- Suitable for the elderly - Yes
- Wheelchair accessible - No
- Away from it all