Like heaven on earth! House convenience and country style cottage setting. Great for relaxing holidays, family reunion or company events. You don't need to spend hours driving far away, just 45 min northeast of Toronto. Sitting on Ravenshoe Rd, in the corridor of Georgina and Uxbridge, is a unique and beautiful 2400 sqft Spanish house in a private 50 acres of land with forest, managed landscaping, mature trees, expansive surrounding lawns for activities and camp fire. Huge private pond has turtle, lots of fish and frogs. Canoe, life jackets, fishing rods, pool table, golf games and many other activities are all provided free for your unlimite...d fun! Portable stereo, TV/DVD/CD player, home theatre system (no cable service provided), chess, poker, many books, skipping ropes are there to keep you happy and fit. I guarantee you and your vacation group will be impressed for a pleasant and enjoyable holiday.
The house is a spacious raised bungalow, not a cabin. Main floor features 3 bedrooms, 2 queen beds and 1 bunk bed (twin over double), 2 washrooms. There is a conference/boardroom, living room, sun room and a dining room with lots of chairs. Therefore it’s good for holiday as well as group meeting or company retreat. Kitchen is newly renovated with full line of utensils, a stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and all necessary cookware and dinnerware. Walk out basement has 3 bedrooms with 4 bunk beds (twin over double), 1 washroom and laundry room.
There is a long deck outside of the kitchen, overlooking beautiful lawn and the pond. Chairs, coffee table and propane BBQ are provided for you, family and friends to chat, relax, read and watch others play.
Sleeps up to 12 persons. Good for big family reunion, weddings, group retreat or company events.
The property is furnished and includes:
• Full functional kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, rice cooker. Two queen size beds and 5 bunk beds
• Stereo, TV, DVD/CD player and home theatre system (no cable service provided)
• Canoe, oar and life jacket (stored in the barn on the pond side).
• Fishing rod (stored in the garage)
• Football, volleyball, basketball, skipping ropes (stored in the garage)
• Chess, cards, books etc (stored in the conference room)
• Pool/billiard table, darts and golf game set for indoor activity (stored in the sunroom)
Renter should prepare:
• Food and drinks
• Bottled water. Our well water is tested periodically to make sure it is good. However well water has higher minerals and calcium than city water. It’s recommended boiling before drinking well water.
• Towels, personal hygiene products
• Bed sheets, pillows and blankets
• Warm clothing. Countryside can be colder than city so prepare well for the weather.
Internet, telephone and cable TV are not available at the location.
There is no daily housekeeping service. We suggest you bring your own beach towels, personal hygiene products, pillows, linens and bedding supplies. Garbage bags are provided but you MUST take garbage with you when you leave. Please return the property to the same condition of cleanliness in which you check-in the property.
1. Sibbald Point Provincial Park: 14KM, 14 min. Offers sandy beaches, swimming, biking and hiking trails, camping, boat launching and fishing. Address: 26465 York Road 18, R.R.#2, Sutton West, Ontario, L0E 1R0 Tel: (phone: hidden)
2. Geogina ROC: 25KM, 22 min. Recreational Outdoor Campus. In summer it offers zipline, rock climbing, bike park, splash pad, rope course, pioneer village, walking trail, canteen. In the winter, you can ski, snowboard, go tubing or tobogganing. Address: 26479 Civic Centre Rd, Georgina. Tel (phone: hidden)
3. Uxbridge: 21KM, 19 min. It is the Trail Capital of Canada, with over 220 kilometers of trails. A number of major trail systems run through the township, including the Oak Ridges Trail and the Trans-Canada Trail.
4. Leaskdale Manse National Historic Site of Canada: 10KM, 9min. It is the former Presbyterian manse where Lucy Maud Montgomery lived with her husband and family from 1911-1926. Lucy Maud Montgomery is a famed Canadian author, best known for her Anne of Green Gables. Address: 11850 Regional Road #1, Leaskdale, Ontario. Tel: (phone: hidden)
6. Ravenshoe Forest Mountain Bike Trail: 12KM, 10min. Also called York Regional Forest – Brownhill Tract. Address: Corner of McCown and Ravenshoe Rds.
7. Shopping: Walmart and other big stores in Keswick, just 20 min driving.
8. Winter fun: Lake Simcoe is the ice-fishing capital. In addition, three ski resorts are nearby in the same area: Dagmar Ski Resort, 1220 Lakeridge Rd, Uxbridge; Lakeridge Ski Resort, 790 Chalk Lake Rd, Uxbridge; Skyloft Ski Resort, 722 Chalk Lake Rd, Uxbridge, ONRead more
Beautiful cottage in 50 acres near Lake Simcoe Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
Additional Location Information
Close to 404 and main roads, accessible all year round. Just 45 min north from Toronto and 15 mins to Sibbald Point Provincial Park and beaches in Lake Simcoe. The closest village is Udora and has a convenience store with gas station.
Location Type Beach, Lake, Rural
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: March 06, 2014◀▶
Rates shown in
(Rental listed originally in CAD)(change)
Left on 01/27/2014 for a stay in January 2014 | Pam
Simon's place is absolutely stunning. We stayed here during the coldest days -25 degrees! The cottage is beautiful and well insulated. All the utilities are complete and extremely well kept. Lots of entertainment and indoor games and so many different rooms and lounges to relax in. Best place we have ever rented. Simon was also easy to communicate with and quick to respond to any of our concerns. Look forward to renting this place again in the future!
Left on 09/14/2013 for a stay in September 2013 | Ricky
I came up with my friends for the weekend to celebrate my birthday, I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect because I've never done anything like this but it turned out to be a great weekend. The place is big and not far from the city and there is a lot to do on the property and in the surrounding areas. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer!
A wonderful stay, great for family gatherings and functions
Left on 09/07/2013 for a stay in August 2013 | Lovesummer
We stayed there in august with my sisters and their families! The place was very clean and peaceful! The owner was very friendly and accommodating, we had to check out late by a few hours the last day.
We enjoyed the facility very much, can't wait to go back next summer!
Thank you for your review. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in the future. By the way, the flipkey.com booking site should return the holding of your security deposit to your credit card very soon. Thanks again and I'm glad you enjoyed staying in our cottage.
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.