- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
Description from the owner
If you really want to get away from it all, come and stay in our hunting lodge at an estate with hilltop chateau, pigeonnier, park in the CHAMPAGNE
The c h a t e a u (and, until the French Revolution abolished their privileges in 1792, the village of Villers as well, together with several other villages and surrounding lands) belonged up to 1904 to the family of Adelbert von Chamisso (1781-1838). The famous French born, but German (!) poet , biologist, explorer (i.a. California) and creator of Peter Schlemihl, the story of the man who lost his shadow. Adelbert was in fact born and baptised as Adelaide de Chamisso at the chateau of Bon...Read more
Hunting lodge II/ On centuries old estate
Villers-en-argonne, Champagne-Ardenne, France
Additional Location Information
This area of the Argonne with its huge forest is a paradise for horse riding, hunting (sanglier/wild boar, deer), fishing, cross-country biking, walking; water sports and two 16 hole golf courses at 50 km.
Villers with its castle and 16th century church is situated at the border of the historic Champagne region and of Lorraine; the Departements Marne and Meuse.
A strategic area of utmost importance where the Gallic world met the Germanic world and where since the 13th century most of Europe's battles were fought.
All sorts of excursions are possible near by and done as our guestbook shows.
To give you some idea of the possibilities f a r t h e r a w a y than the near beyond of Villers with its historic forest and many ponds, picturesque villages and hilly landscape, where war memorials abound, herewith some hard data and timelines:
- CHALONS EN CHAMPAGNE OH41 DRIVE, 56 KM
- BAR LE DUC 0H43 DRIVE, 42KM
- VERDUN 051 DRIVE, 46KM
- REIMS 0H55 DRIVE, 88 KM
- LAC DE DER, BIGGEST ARTIFICIAL LAKE IN EUROPE, NATURE RESERVE AND WITH LOTS OF WATERSPORT FACILITIES, 1H06 DRIVE, 60 KM (Sainte-Marie-du-Lac-Nuisement, village on the lake, or Saint Dizier , worth visiting in its own right) /
° OR 1H38, 91 KM (Giffaumont-Champaubert, village on the other side of the lake)
- EPERNAY 1H09 DRIVE, 95 KM
- METZ 1H13 DRIVE,126 KM
- NANCY 1H52, 126 KM
- TROYES 1H30 148 KM
- LUXEMBOURG 1H36, 168 KM (45 minutes with the TGV from Reims)
- DISNEYLAND 1H50, 196 KM
- PARIS 2H13, 229 KM (35 minutes with the TGV from Reims).
More About This Location
Last updated on August 17, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 1 other Villers-en-argonne rentalsCheck Availability for Villers-en-argonne
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
|See all dates
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $397
- Cleaning fee | $60 per week
Additional notes from the owner
N.B. ONLY in the low season less than one week rentals are possible (midweek minimal 2 nights:92 E; long week-end Frday - Sunday: 120 E), as well as a monthly rental (800E).
- LOW SEASON RENTAL FEE: 325 Euro ( basicly Januay, November and December).
- MID SEASON RENTAL FEE 425 Euro (June, September and holiday periods, notably in April - May, October and Christmas:New Year season).
- HIGH SEASON RENTAL FEE 490 Euro ( July & August).
FOR RENTAL OF THE EAST WING OF THE HUNTING LODGE (I) WITH 3 BEDROOMS and exclusive access to swimming pool and castle park, OR FOR RENTAL OF THE WHOLE LODGE ( I & II) SEE SECOND LISTING.ON THIS SITE.
* Fees EAST WING (I) Low Season: 500 E; Mid season: 716 E; High Season:1.016 E
* Fees whole lodge (I & II) Low season: 825 E; Mid season 1.141 E; High Season:1.406 E
- Linens Provided
- Housekeeping Optional
- Local Guides/Maps
- Central heating
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Shared outdoor pool (unheated)
- Ocean or water views
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- Stereo or CD player
- Satellite or cable TV
- DVD Player
- Balcony or terrace
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Swing set or jungle gym
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - ask
- 80 square meters