- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
Description from the owner
Voted the Number 1 rental property by Trip Advisor in San Ginesio (voted one of the most beautiful towns in Italy), our lovely cottage has incredible views across the Le Marche countryside. Cottage Sereno is roomy enough for a family of four, or snug enough for a romantic couples break away. Set in its own wonderful space amid the restored Country Hideaway of Bella Vallone, guests can enjoy privacy, but have the added bonus of friendly owners in a nearby house who are on hand to help with reservations or local knowledge.
We are located on what is known as the 'Shelf of the Sibillini' and you can be in the middle of the fabulous Sibilin...Read more
Cottage with Amazing Views & Swimming Pool!
(Property location is approximate)
Additional Location Information
Welcome to Bella Val'lone, our lovingly restored Italian Country properties in the heart of Le Marche, Italy. Bellavallone is only 5 minutes from San Ginesio, voted one of the most beautiful towns in Italy. Le Marche is one of the greenest, most scenic and relaxing places in Italy and is still seen as a 'secret' by many. Why not visit before the 'secret' gets out?
Le Marche lies on the eastern side of central Italy, between the Adriatic Sea and the Apennine mountains, and much of it remains unspoilt by the onslaught of mass tourism. Le Marche is a virtual treasure chest, rich in history, bursting with nature, art, folklore, and culinary traditions. Here you will find incredibly picturesque hill-top towns and villages enjoying panoramic views of lush, verdThose in the know head for Le Marche, which along with Umbria and Tuscany, forms the central region of Italy. Le Marche sits in the east of the Italian peninsula, and is located between the Adriatic Sea and the Apennine Mountains. While the Adriatic coast is well known for its many excellent beaches, the interior remains unspoiled by tourism, and you will find towns and villages where the pressures of modern life seem worlds away.
There is some debate, and quite a lot of press, as to whether Le Marche is the 'new Tuscany'. The simple answer to that is 'no' given Le Marche remains unspolied, parking is easy, there are no fleets of tourist buses and you will find locals who take the time of day to greet you with a smile. The scenery is spectacular and more than matches any other region in Italy, never mind Tuscany. So, no it is definitely not the 'new Tuscany' but an unspoiled jewel in it's own right.
Le Marche has more than its fair share of the '200 of the most beautiful villages and small towns' in Italy as listed by the Borgh Italia Association. This is an initiative created to help preserve, and highlight, the range and diversity of Italian rural and historical culture and tradition, and to help preserve the unique environments that each of these Italian villlages and towns has to offer. The following Le Marche towns and villages in Marche are listed as being among the 'most beautiful villages in Italy': Cingoli / Corinaldo / Esanatoglia / Gradara / Grottammare / Matelica / Montecassiano / Montefabbri / Montefiore dell'Aso / Montelupone / Moresco / Offida / San Ginesio / Sarnano / Treia and Visso.
Many Le Marche towns and villages in Marche have also been listed among the 'Orange flag towns in Italy' (a national eco-tourist award): Acquaviva Piceno / Corinaldo / Genga / Gradara / Mercatello on Metauro / Mondavio / Montecassiano / Montelupone / Monterubbiano / Ostra / Pievebovigliana / Ripatransone / San Ginesio / Sarnano and Urbisaglia. The Orange flag is an eco-tourist award to small towns and villages across Italy. It is awarded by the Italian Touring Club to towns and villages with a population of less than 15,000 people who make particular efforts towards welcoming tourism in an carefully maintained environment, and promoting local industry and crafts celebrating and supporting 'sustainable tourism'.
There is some confusion as to how Le Marche is actually spelled, and even more so about how it is pronounced! The correct pronounciation is "lay markay", and is sometimes translated into English as "The Marches" and "The Marcha" - even more confusion results by calling it La Marche.
Some amazing facts about Le Marche:
- We have 16 of the '200 of the most beautiful villages and small towns' across Italy as listed by the Borgh Italia Association
- We have 15 of the towns and villages listed in the 'Orange flag towns in Italy' (a national eco-tourist award)
- We have over 180 km of Adriatic coastline with superb beaches
- We have some 500 piazzas where you can sip your wine watching the world go by
- We have over 1000 important monuments commemorating Italian history
- We have 34 archeological sites where well preserved Roman ruins can be found
- We have 315 antique libraries where priceless literature and works of art can be found
- We have 72 historic theatres, the majority of which still produce shows and plays
- We have over 200 churches, many of them Romanesque
- We have 183 religious shrines, many of which are still observed
- There are 342 museums and galleries filled with artifacts and superb works of art
- We have stunning national parks (Monti Sibillini, Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga) all with a wide range of activities
- We have stunning regional parks (Conero, Sasso Simon, Simoncello, Monte San Bartolo, Gola della Rossa, Grotte di Frasassi) all with excellent facilites and activities
- We have five major nature reserves (Abbadia di Fiastra, Gola del Furlo, Montagna di Torricchio, Ripa Bianca and Sentina) all with great facilities
- We have 26 cities facing the Adriatic Sea where you will find excellent shopping, restaurants, cafes and history
More About This Location
Car is not necessary
Last updated on July 21, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 302,417 other World rentalsCheck Availability for World
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in EUR)
Enter dates to see your price
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Damage deposit | $133
Additional notes from the owner
We promise you'll discover the very best that Italy has to offer......
All prices quoted are fully inclusive and reflect 7 days rental. Where shorter stays are possible, the minimum stay (nights) is indicated and a pro-rata rate can be requested by sending us an email.
Cottage - Sereno (2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4+1) We also have two independant apartments which are co-located - rent all three properties for your friends and family - so we can accomodate up to 9 guests!
Notes on Prices
Prices are in Euros based on the cost per week for each property. Discounts are available for group bookings or rentals exceeding three weeks or more.
Changeover is generally Saturday to Saturday. However mid week bookings and shorter stays will be considered subject to availability and normally offered outside peak season.
Deposit Terms & Conditions
A 25% deposit is required to confirm the booking and the balance of the payment is due 8 weeks prior to arrival. Should the holiday be booked less than 8 weeks before arrival, the total amount is due immediately. A â‚¬200 cash deposit will be required on arrival which will be refunded at the end of the holiday subject to any damages.
- Local Guides/Maps
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Housekeeping Optional
- Central heating
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Towels Provided
- A/C or climate control
- Washing Machine
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Shared outdoor pool (heated)
- Mountain Views
- Paper Towels Provided
- Stove or Oven
- Satellite or cable TV
- Stereo or CD player
- DVD Player
- Balcony or terrace
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 100 square meters