Yosemite West Vacation Home
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
|Living space||2500 square feet|
Suitable for childrenYes
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
|Theme||Romantic, Wilderness, Ski, Away from it all, Mountain|
Description from the owner
Our Yosemite West Vacation Home located in Yosemite National Park was built around 2010 and its available for rent all year long. It is approximately 40 minutes from South entrance, 25 mins from Yosemite Valley and 35 mins from Half Dome. It has 4 bedrooms, two huge full baths, great room (with sleeper sofa) and a full kitchen. Check out more pics of our home on Facebook by searching "Yosemite West Vacation Home". The 2013 rates start at $300 a night during low season with a 2 night minimum for 8 people with $20 a night per additional person. Linens are optional and can be provided for a $75 fee. There is a $120 cleaning fee.
Yosemite West Vacation Home
Yosemite National Park, California
Additional Location Information
Yosemite West is a wonderful neighborhood located inside the gates of Yosemite National Park. It is conveniently located within a 30 min drive to several points of interest such as Glacier Point, Wawona, Mariposa Grove and Yosemite Valley. At Yosemite West we have a new construction home available for rent all year long.
Location Type Away from it all, Mountain
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$300 - $350||$300 - $400||$0||$0||2 nights|
|Jan. 11 2013 - Apr. 8 2013||$300||$300||-||-||2 nights|
|Apr. 9 2013 - Dec. 31 2013
|All Other Dates||$300||$300||-||-||2 nights|
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
- Additional guests - $20 / person - Per-Person Adjustment - Fee applies to parties of more than 8 guest(s)
- Damage deposit - $500 / stay - Security Deposit
- Linen - $75 / stay - Fee - Towels, Sheets, Comforters can be provided for a $75 dollar fee but they are optional.
- Cleaning fee Starting 2013 - $120 / stay - Fee - Starting 2013 cleaning will no longer be done by guest. We will have the home cleaned instead to ensure a clean stay for all of our guest.
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: May 02, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Close to the sights, far from the crowds - Awesome!
I took my family for a short trip to Yosemite at the end of July 2012 and stayed here. The entire experience, from booking to checking out was great. Joel was extremely accomodating and made sure we had everything we needed, I left my camelback there and Joel sent it to me, he is an honest, hardworking young man and a pleasure doing business with him. My deposit check was returned to me on checkout.
The house is modern and beautiful. It was also very clean. The road deadends to the house, so there is no traffic. From the house it is about 30 minutes to the Valley Floor and the same to Glacier point. While there is a TV, there is no cable. There are a few movies there, but you may want to bring your own. The Kitchen has everything you need to cook. The place comes with a huge gas grill which is an extra bonus.
I looked online at all the other houses to rent in the Yosemite West, and I am glad I choose this one after seeing them in person from the outside. Very few, if any, look as nice in person as this house. I have and will continue to recommend this property to everyone I know who is going to Yosemite.
Grand Rapids, MI
Wonderful vacation home within Yosemite!
Joel was very easy to work with; great communication. The home was just as described and so convenient being inside the Park gates. Wonderful to have so much room to relax in after a long day of exploring Yosemite. Especially enjoyed the porch with the whispering pines overhead. All the amenities of home, including washer/dryer so we didn't have to take home all our dirty clothes. We had a fantastic stay!
Great house & location with a few hiccups
Location: I would say the house is in a perfect spot. It’s about forty minutes to the Yosemite Valley or Glacier Point. If that seems like a long way, it really isn’t. Things are spread out here. If you don’t know what to do while you’re here definitely drive up to Glacier Point. It is the easiest high point that you can drive to. There is a four mile trail from there down to the Yosemite Valley but you’re going to have to get back up to your car. We caught a park ranger guided tour that went about a mile down that same walk. Ranger John was full of information but not boring or overly scientific. He gave you just enough science to let you know he knows what he’s talking about. He was touched by the area while training nearby in the Marines. We found him and Glacier Point outstanding. You’ll want to check out some waterfalls that are conveniently located all around the Yosemite Valley. Most of them are a short walk from the paved drive.
House: There are four bedrooms: two on the second floor and two on the third floor with bathrooms between each. The beds, all queens, are comfortable, and the bathrooms are roomy each with dual sinks, and separate garden tubs and showers. The kitchen is stocked with a toaster, blender, coffee pot and microwave. There is a standard pots and pans set and set of dishes and flatware. It was adequate for our purposes.
A few things I would pass on about the house:
1. There is no cell phone service here and no cable TV. No matter, they have a small library of Dvds and a closet with games. We came with a hard drive full of movies and the high def TV worked great from computer to screen with an Hdmi cable we brought. If you are coming here for TV, you made a mistake. Being disconnected from the internet and any outside news was good for us and the kids. The house is equipped with a hard line phone, so we were able to contact anyone we needed to.
2. We needed linens (sheets and towels) and apparently that is not included which seemed a little weird to me as I have rented vacation houses many times with everything included. They charged us $75 which we didn’t shy away from, as we weren’t about to bring our own across the country on a plane. We were disappointed they only provided a bath towel and wash cloth a piece for our eight people. More disappointing was the lack of any hand towels or bath mats. It would have been nice to have a few towels to take to a nearby swimming hole.
3. This property depends on the prior guests to clean up after themselves. The house was in reasonable shape when we arrived, however it did not seem as if the floors were cleaned prior to our arrival. It was tolerable for us and it would not stop me from staying here again.
Overall the house was outstanding for us, and I would recommend it. It had a modern feel with the layout and amenities. I hope they remedy the linens thing which is really the only thing we had any compliant on. We only spent a couple of days here, but we could have easily spent a week enjoying the area.
Response from Yosemite West Vacation Home - 08/23/2012
Thank you for your honest review Andy,
I apologize for the linen and cleanliness situation. We have address the linen situation by buying more linens (Towels, hand towels, bath mats, comforters and sheets) to accomodate more people. We have also purchased all new comercial cleaning supplies to make the cleaning easier for guest. The home is usually swept and mopped before guest arrival unless someone else is checking out on the same day.
San Francisco Bay Area
Great house and nice management!
We had a pleasant stay at the house. The manager Joel is very nice. The house is new and nicely designed. Each bedroom has balcony. There is no neighbor watching at you.