Nuevo Vallarta is one of the most beautiful small cities along the Mexican Pacific and the Caribbean Coast. The area is known for its historic Mayan ruins, exciting zip lining adventures through the jungle canopy and beautiful coral reefs and marine ecosystems. Nuevo Vallarta in particular draws visitors from all over the world who come here to experience its pristine tropical beaches, world-class local restaurants and the popular Dolphin Park.
While you are in Nuevo Vallarta, relax on the beach or explore the exotic marine life along the coast. Swim with dolphins and sea turtles. Take a jeep tour into the heart of the jungle. And after the sun goes down, hear live music and experience award winning traditional cuisine at Nuevo Vallarta's beachy, energetic restaurants, bars and nightspots. Between rounds of golf, parasailing adventures, hikes, and luxurious afternoons in the spa, you'll never run out of exciting things to do in Puerto Vallarta.
Here are a few additional suggestions to get you started as you plan your trip:
- Take an ecology cruise: An eco-tour by boat can be a wonderful way to experience the nature preserves around Nuevo Vallarta and their sheltered species of birds, sea turtles and other elusive wildlife.
- Visit the Dolphin Discovery Marine Park: This park presents a great opportunity for close encounters with friendly dolphins, but it's also a water amusement park with rides, slides and performing sea lions.
- Go scuba diving and snorkeling: Explore the beautiful coral reefs and biodiversity of Banderas Bay and the Mexican Coast.
- Play on the beach: Nuevo Vallarta Beach is a perfect place to experience the soft sand and legendary golden sun of the Mexican Riviera. Swim, surf, or just bring your sunscreen and relax in the sun.
- Take a sailboat cruise: Leave the shore on a chartered day trip. See whales in their natural habitat and watch dolphins play in the quiet wake of the boat.
- Experience the Mayan ruins: Take a guided tour of the Mayan ruins around the municipalities of Quintana Roo and learn more about ancient Mayan history and culture.
You'll have no trouble finding the perfect place to stay in Nuevo Vallarta. There are plenty of vacation rentals available all year long here and you can easily find luxury accommodations that meet your needs. Rent an elegant condo, a beautiful and affordable apartment, or a terraced ocean villa within a few steps of the beach.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.