Once a haven for artists like Pablo Picasso and Nicolas de Stael, the French city of Antibes has transformed into one of the most popular getaway destinations in the country. With great historical attractions, some of the best fine dining options in all of France, and stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea, it's no surprise why Antibes has regular visitors year-round.
Walk through Juan Les Pins and the Centre Commercial for the best boutique shopping options in the area, or take a stroll through Boulevard Baudoin and the old downtown area for picturesque cobblestone streets and historic old narrow walkways.
There are also plenty of other things to see and do in this magical city:
- Cap D'Antibes: This beautiful walking trail around the Cape takes you through the entire town and offers amazing views of the French Riviera from multiple vantage points.
- Picasso Museum: Located at the actual home of Pablo Picasso, the museum features several choice works, painted plates and a sculpture garden.
- Marche Provencal: Head to the main market that not only overlooks the harbor, but also has a wide selection of some of the best fish, meat and cheeses in town.
- Go to the port: Watch local fishermen bring in their catch for the day or shop in the nearby souvenir shops.
- Go to the Beach: Juan Les Pins is home to some of the best beaches in the area like Plage du Ponteil and Les Salis Beach.
Whether you're looking for a beautiful villa overlooking the Mediterranean, a charming condo in the middle of the city, or a relaxing and more secluded apartment away from all the action, there's a vacation rental in Antibes that has everything you're looking for in a getaway home.
Arts and crafts festivals can be found throughout Antibes in April and there are a few small culinary events in October, but the biggest draws in the area take place during the summer months. Legendary jazz musicians like Ray Charles and Ella Fitzgerald have taken part in the world-renowned Jazz … Juan festival held every July, and some of the best sailors in the world show up every year for the five-day yacht race, known as Les Voiles d'Antibes, held every June. And, you don't even have to leave home to watch the elaborate fireworks shows held regularly during the summer months.
There's plenty to do just in Antibes, but the city can also be used as a base to explore the charming city of Nice, only an hour away!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.