If you are looking for beach front in Antigua it doesn't get better than Galleon Beach. Located on the South Coast of Antigua Galleon Beach has beach, gardens and yachts! The resort has 26 units from 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom cottages on the beach and in the gardens to lavish 3, 4, 5 & 6 bedroom private villas. All properties have sea views and all have access to English Harbours dock yard by the half hourly free charter which takes you over to the historic center where you can find shops, restaurants and of course history.
Each cottage has its own fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower, living room/dining room, patio or balcony and safe. Constant trade wind breezes combined with ceiling fans help keep the cottages cool all year round.
If you need to communicate with home or business, telephone and Internet services are available at Reception during opening hours. Telephone is standard long distance rate and Internet is FREE. There is WIFI at locations thought the resort. Cellular phone rental can also be arranged through Reception.
There is a beautiful reef just 75 yards from the beach where guests can explore a profusion of tropical fish and coral.
The grounds are extensive - 20 acres with a variety of tropical vegetation, flowers and trees as well as a large lawn in the center of the property. The elevation is very gentle on the western side of Galleon Beach and a little steeper on the eastern side, providing stunning views over English Harbour, Freeman's Bay and Charlotte's Point.
• Location: Galleon Beach is situated on Freeman's Bay at the entrance to historic English Harbour on the southern end of Antigua. It is approximately 16 miles from the airport and 14 miles from the capital St. John's.
• Transportation: Taxis to Galleon Beach are available from the airport and the journey takes approximately 30 minutes. The current rate for a one way trip is US$35.00. Car rental can be arranged upon request when booking or through out your stay at reception.
• Dining: The Calabash Resturant is located within the premises and serves lunch and dinner. There are also a variety of restaurants in English Harbour and surrounding area that serve both local specialties and international cuisine.
• Laundry: Galleon Beach offers an overnight laundry service for your convenience.
• Baby-Sitting: Can be arranged upon request through the Reception. 24 hour notice is recommended. Rate is US$10.00 per hour.
• Electricity: Electrical power at Galleon Beach is 110v. (The same outlets used in the U.S.)
• Grocery pack: If you are arriving late or on a weekend, how about having us supply your kitchen with BASIC groceries. Just email us a list of the things you want and we'll make sure its stocked when you arrive. US$25 service fee.
Galleon Beach is serviced by friendly, attentive staff and situated in one of the most beautiful areas of Antigua. We pride ourselves on maintaining a very private, intimate and personal atmosphere for all our guests. Galleon Beach is also an ideal setting for weddings.
We invite you to get away from the modern day hustle and join us to experience the true "Art of Relaxation".TripAdvisor property ID 3323658...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.